The Race Place

Full Melbourne Cup replay

Hesi

5 hours ago, Hesi said:

Vow and Declare simply out stayed them

Used up early from the wide draw to get a good position, fought off all challengers down the straight, and came back at Master of Reality when headed 20m short of the post.

No excuses thanks:classic_smile:

I disagree. He wasn't used up at all. He had 800m of straight to get into a position. He did that. Then he slowed it down to allow another to pass him. It was a slow run race. He was the most entitled to finish off in my view - he had the absolute best run of the 24 runners.

And he only just got there in the last stride due to a poor ride from Dettori.

Maybe we were watching a different race.

Great ride from Williams.

Not a staying run in the least. Time was slower than you could walk it Hesi.

I made ample off him, so I'm not saying that because if the result. He ran well but given the way the race was run, he should have run well.

It's why so many horses finished within 5 lengths of the winner. Probably never seen before.

Edited by mardigras

Yeah you are right again Mardi, just the excitement of a good win, and labelling V&D the winner after the CC run...and a sizeable collect

Reading the jockey's comments, the comment was almost the same by all, slow pace.....their own fault

You would have to say Il Paradiso was unlucky, being slightly squeezed in those last 20m , although the jockey claimed it did not affect the result, even though the stewards disagreed.

Running the Pythagoras thing, on 800m and 40m out, then V&D rang an extra 1m only, to the first turn

Why so much comment then about wide draws affecting horses chances?

It's always good to get a nice win - so well done Hesi.

The barrier thing is something I don't subscribe to. It tends to be jockeys negativity towards a barrier that is more problematic. I don't think there are many races where the barrier is significant.

But then again, I've been known to differ from conventional analysis in many ways.

• Like 1

Laugh of the day...is this guy taking the wee wee?

We have all heard of The Da Vinci Code

But is it possible the Melbourne Cup has a Code?

It is a well known Scientific Fact, that when humans put energy into something, they solve things.
By example, if there is a jar of 3200 jelly beans, and you ask 1000 people to guess how many jelly beans, the average answer will be 3200. It is known as Group Theory.

Point being, when humans as a collective force put energy into something, does that energy become a coded spirit that actually forms answers?

Here is what I have started to De Code on the Cup.

In 1996, Saintly won the Melbourne Cup.
Number 2 that day at Flemington, won the 2 races before the Melbourne Cup.
22 horses started in the Melbourne Cup field that day. The race was run at 3.22pm.

The result of that Cup:
5 Saintly, trained by Bart Cummings, a religious man that prayed in church to the Cross, the days before every Melbourne Cup. Darren Beadman, also a religious man, was the jockey of Saintly.

2 Count Chivas ran 2nd

22 Skybeau ran 3rd     (man in the sky?)

Exactly 22 years later, Cross Counter won the Melbourne Cup.   Saintly + Cross Counter =(Jesus Christ?)
Count Chivas ran 2nd, 22 years prior.

The year before Cross Counter won,  Rekindling won, and was number 22

The word Rekindling, means to revive a feeling from the past. To bring back a former light.

In 1997, Might And Power won the Cup.

22 years later, Vow And Declare won the Melbourne Cup.

Cross Counter was number 23
Vow And Declare was number 23

Did we have to count that the winning number would be doubled Crossed? Number 23.

To Vow and Declare, is normally a marriage ritual, for millions, in front of a Cross.
The year Cross Counter won the Cup, The Cliffsofmoher died at the winning post. 
The Cliffs of Moher is regarded as Irelands number 1 tourist destination.  (is there a spiritual code at that location??)

Since 2009 when Shocking won the Melbourne Cup, every single name strongly features the letter N

Shocking
Americain
Dunaden
Green Moon
Fiorente
Protectionist
Prince of Penzance
Almandin
Rekindling
Cross Counter
Vow And Declare

The past 3 winners of the Cup, are very spiritual.
Rekindling
Cross Counter
Vow And Declare

Something to do with praying to the Cross, bringing back a past light, and declaring a vow to that light.

2 hours ago, Maximus said:

outsprinted them thanks Hesi. 

Whatever:classic_smile:

All I know, is that to collect, I have to present my drivers licence, and a document proving where I live, to be able to collect.....what an absolute crock of shit, at a TAB, where they know me by name

3 minutes ago, Maximus said:

if you had put it on via your TAB a/c you coulda just transferred the $$ to your bank a/c

I don't have a TAB account, because I have very poor self discipline, much the same as the other weakness I mentioned to you.

You have to salute people like Barry and Mardi, who can go with a long run of outs but still keep to the BP, whatever that is, some wanky plan devised by some fraudster on another site