The Race Place

Sweeney useless

pete

In all honesty Craig, he's not the brightest pebble on the beach, plus he has a lot of hackneyed sayings that really do grate after a while, a short while.

PLAY is one of them, F4 players, playing into this pool etc etc

And franking the form

• Like 1

7 hours ago, craigos1 said:

Aren't you two being a little harsh?

Yes mistake made but I believe knows his stuff overall , Just relax we all have bad days myself included. 🤑

Just annoyed me because I backed the second horse.

You could see poor old Emily was thoroughly confused back at the studio.

11 hours ago, craigos1 said:

Aren't you two being a little harsh?

Yes mistake made but I believe knows his stuff overall , Just relax we all have bad days myself included. 🤑

The point is Craig that his job is to provide accurate information.

I would've forgiven him totally if he'd done a mea culpa before the next race. Matt Cross has done that a few times when he called a finish wrongly and has my total respect for that.

There seems to be a culture in this country of not apologizing when you've done something wrong. I'll say no more on that one...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pete said:

The point is Craig that his job is to provide accurate information.

I would've forgiven him totally if he'd done a mea culpa before the next race. Matt Cross has done that a few times when he called a finish wrongly and has my total respect for that.

There seems to be a culture in this country of not apologizing when you've done something wrong. I'll say no more on that one...

Every announcer has their bad habits. The doyen of talkback Leyton Smith was the worst umm..er of all time yet survived. Sweeney has two bad habits. 1. It always seems he is about to reach the top of Mt Everest and is short of breath. 2ndly he puts words into mouths of the person he is interviewing and the subject in order to be polite agrees.