The Race Place

Living The Dream

Hesi

Maybe, maybe not

Lou Te Keeti, the $10 million Lotto winner, has a Class C trainers license(Uhtred in R3 at Matamata).

Reading up about him, racehorses are he and his wife's passion, so good on him.

Spent up large at Karaka, hope it's not another Don Ha scenario

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Maybe, maybe not

Lou Te Keeti, the $10 million Lotto winner, has a Class C trainers license(Uhtred in R3 at Matamata).

Reading up about him, racehorses are he and his wife's passion, so good on him.

Spent up large at Karaka, hope it's not another Don Ha scenario

Owns a few that are in the Rogerson stable including of course Aalaalune.

• Like 1

That was why I started the thread, easier just to buy horses and get them trained.

I read up about him, and he comes across as a no nonsense down to earth guy, so probably as Maxi said, got fed up with being bullshitted.  And if he has horses with Rogerson, then it would come gift wrapped

14 hours ago, Hesi said:

That was why I started the thread, easier just to buy horses and get them trained.

I read up about him, and he comes across as a no nonsense down to earth guy, so probably as Maxi said, got fed up with being bullshitted.  And if he has horses with Rogerson, then it would come gift wrapped

not gift wrapped, but wrapped with a few large invoices I'd say .... cheaper to train and transport and feed em yerself if you've won Lotto, dont you think?

As for Aalaalune, a classic study in a talented filly with good staying blood being asked for too much too soon for too long. I hope she goes to the broodmare's paddock and leaves a champion.

Edited by Maximus

9 hours ago, Maximus said:

not gift wrapped, but wrapped with a few large invoices I'd say .... cheaper to train and transport and feed em yerself if you've won Lotto, dont you think?

As for Aalaalune, a classic study in a talented filly with good staying blood being asked for too much too soon for too long. I hope she goes to the broodmare's paddock and leaves a champion.

If you knew how and were that passionate about horse racing.

Anyway, they say, if you win Lotto, best to keep the news to yourself.  Tends to bring out the worst in everyone.

Never a truer saying, easy come easy go.

I suspect most would like the opportunity to prove that wrong lol

Would appear to be so

Purchased by Rogerson for $55,000 from the Westbury Stud Book 1 draft at the 2019 National Yearling Sale, De La Terre races in the colours of part-owner Lou Te Keeti who also owns Aalaalune with partner Val Gates. July 2020

Trainers Graeme, Debbie and Bailey Rogerson changed tack from their original plan to start Aalaalune in Sunday’s Listed Hynds 3YO Salver (2100m) at Ellerslie after discussions with owners Lou Te Keeti and Val Gates. Dec 2019

Probably in part explains why Aalalune was so over raced

• Sad 1

(3) A Licence shall not be issued to any person:

(f) who NZTR considers to be unsuitable to hold a Licence for reasons of integrity, competence, animal welfare issues or otherwise (including, without limitation, reasons relating to the applicant’s financial circumstances). [Amended 1 May 2015] [Amended 1 September 2020]