The Race Place

NZ Cup video replay

Hesi

6 minutes ago, Hesi said:

The connections of D & G, must have had heart palpitations at about the 1300m(2.14).  You will note that Matt Cross calls the horse second last, when it was in fact 4th

I'd expect they were watching and not listening. Under-rated horse and from memory, ran well last year also. I don't listen at the races, I watch - and usually not the screens either. If I watch screens, the best one for me is the overhead - awesome viewing.

5 minutes ago, curious said:

I don't really like the overheads, prefer the side on which I missed a good part of the race. Likewise, wouldn't even hear the commentary if I had a runner. Too focused on how it is traveling.

I like the overheads for seeing how a jockey thinks during the race, and when it gets towards the faster part of the race. 

Oh, and the impact of blinkers 🙂 

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1

Good cosy win and the decent form wins out. Pretty sick to have missed the 11/1 on Dee And Gee earlier in the week. As I said on the other thread on changing from futures to FF its half that and it I end up with it against me. You just cant build a book on the TAB market though and thats all there is.

The exact same thing re price actually happened with Gorbachev in Wlg Cup. Price halved on opening of FF from 30/1.

Would have preferred them to go a better pace. On first viewing he first 5 wouldnt have changed much regardless.

Enjoy whatever harness and other things are going on in cup week.

1 minute ago, curious said:

It is good for seeing how the blinkers are working!

It was very useful for the likes of Constantinople in the Caulfield Cup. He was anything but straight once in the clear even though Hayes (and Thomass) stated he ran so straight with the gear on. Straight? He needs a new ruler.

2 minutes ago, mardigras said:

It was very useful for the likes of Constantinople in the Caulfield Cup. He was anything but straight once in the clear even though Hayes (and Thomass) stated he ran so straight with the gear on. Straight? He needs a new ruler.

I prefer them hitting out nicely from the side. If they can wander around a bit and knock a few off balance at the same time, that's a bonus. Sometimes blinkers seem to stop them from doing that.

• Like 1

Cup week shows what a powerful influencer tradition is.  The NZ Cup other than the top weight  was an R90 race, but tell that to Peter Corbett and Terrill Charles, who is surviving brain cancer.  A bit of a Snow Lupton about them, as they condition their horses on the roads

Good on them, I understand oncourse figs were good, free to air good, lots of people seen on racecourses good.

Yes 100% Hesi m. Thats a good home for the trophy.

Compare that to Travelling Lights connections who were worried about being at the sales 8.30 tomorrow. Now its not their fault that the money is in breeding or whatever, good on them. The trophies always sit best on the mantlepieces that have a space set aside for them thats all.

• Like 1