The Race Place

Deep South Watch

karrotsishere

Cant sleep. Thought would start a fun deep South watch.

Quickly did homework & wow wee, C Ferguson is currently the best trainer on the planet. 

Remember Bensons Mate thread, pretty sure that horse was under his care when he ran that amazing race we discussed on here. 

Mr C Ferguson has got a terrific UDR, winners left right & center. I see he is even cleaning up the All Stars today. 

Current UDR.5278 from 44 starters. And he doesnt have big owners like All Stars & he only started a few years ago 2016. His average UDR was .1111 ish. But now man he is on fire.

So lets keep an eye on him folks. Due to his amazing results. Move over All Stars C Ferguson is in town.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This best trainer on the planets 2022 stats are 53 starts, 22 wins and 9 seconds, 1 third. Imagine if those 2nds were also wins. That would be 53 starts for 31 wins. Holly molly. Some horses he has turned around that had nought form to suddenly get a win immediately being in his care are Sweet Revenge & Sweet Treat.

As I said the best trainer on the planet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Funny how these top trainers seem to be shy of taking their horses to Aussie. 

Speaking of Aussie - I see they test horse hair samples now. 

Would be interesting to see Sundees Son in oz, but nope, not to be. 

Good luck to Mr AG Herlihy MNZM with Bolt For Brilliance in Aussie. Hopefully the trotter has returned to full fitness now, and can do his connections and NZ proud! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 12:45 AM, Rusty said:

Funny how these top trainers seem to be shy of taking their horses to Aussie. 

Speaking of Aussie - I see they test horse hair samples now. 

Would be interesting to see Sundees Son in oz, but nope, not to be. 

Good luck to Mr AG Herlihy MNZM with Bolt For Brilliance in Aussie. Hopefully the trotter has returned to full fitness now, and can do his connections and NZ proud! 

To be fair, Mr Dunn was allegely monitored during Cup Week along with WoodEND lol keep saying Woodlands, Woodend Beach crew monitored by RIB. Mean I think. Enough. Move on. They have got nothing so give it up for now. Anyway, why on earth are they not doing a DEEP SOUTH WATCH?

A noted improvement from Snow Robyn straight into C Fergusons care & win, win. 

Who is this T Dewe? Great UDR he has. Just saying. Teddy horse. Win, win, win. 

Arent they all mates, eg Alford was good mate with Jones, passed his horses onto Jones. Both now disqualified. Ferguson isnt he good mates with both of them? What about Dewe is he also part of the crew?

Edited by karrotsishere

Ok Raceplace folks signing out. Boring where is everyone? No wonder the site has gone dead. BTW you cannot test for Everything. look at USA. How many off to jail? What they are saying you can test for drug cheat supporters. Rubbish. How many of the cheats were caught via swab or via getting caught by RIB in action pre race. 

Nite nite all.

Maybe see you in a few weeks

Good Night Sticker GIF by BREAD TREE 

Edited by karrotsishere

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Ok Raceplace folks signing out. Boring where is everyone? No wonder the site has gone dead. BTW you cannot test for Everything. look at USA for eff sake. How many off to jail? lol. What losers they are saying you can test for everything. Again drug cheat supporters. How many of the cheats were caught via swab or via getting caught by RIB in action pre race. Gawd. Good bye to a once great industy.

Nite nite all.

Maybe see you in a few weeks

Good Night Sticker GIF by BREAD TREE 

PS. Send pics. lol

Edited by Globederby19
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2022 at 10:06 PM, Globederby19 said:

PS. Send pics. lol

Lol, what about pix of you ha. 

Well Id like to see pix of Bensons Mate living a nice retired life he deserves. Randomly looked him up & he is a Hack now. Recall stating something looked wrong with this horse. Stuffed. Yip well there you go. Not to race again. Hopefully he is with a nice new good home. 

Well the Interdominions were a bore fest, ended up as the Australian Pacing series. What's the point of calling it Interdom when no Kiwi horses went apart from BFB, and he obviously wasn't right for the Trotters Final so Tony scratched him. My fav Sweet Lou ( Spirit of Saint Louis) ran last in the Pacers final which for me was a very disappointing run. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 1:12 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

The concept of the Inter-dominions that many of us grew up with is long gone. 

The fact 'dominion' is in the title of the series is probably a big hint it is from a bygone era that no longer exists.

Speaking of Interdoms - Karrots adding Grimson. So Deep South Watch & Grimson Watch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lets check in on Deep South Watch 

Winners are still coming. 2 from 2 is it? 

Funny as I was going to put this horse Netherton Franco down here as 1 to watch. 10 starts & nothing. C Ferguson gets it & wins 1st up. 

Here are 3 more to watch. Tenesse Honey, Cormac Leo & Rustenburg. Stable changed from K Marshall (who goes well & has access to a pool too). Say that as saw this article which states the reason behind Fergusons improvement turnaround in horses he gets is because access to a pool. https://harnesslink.com/new-zealand/netherton-franco-extends-fergusons-outstanding-season/

Watch them win on debut for Ferguson. In fact Id go as far as say they will blitz their opppsition. Because winning is so easy to do for Ferguson. His record this season now is 50 starts for 21 wins!!!! 7 seconds & 2 3rds. 

Told y"ll best trainer on the planet. 

Edited by karrotsishere

• 2 weeks later...

Checking in on results today & T Dewe has 2 runners with a win & a 2nd. He continues his amazing strike rate!

C Ferguson has a runner in later in day, likely win wont it? Being such the amazing trainer he is.

Hey a tip for Raceplace folk, just bet on these trainers horses as they are so amazing & you will be winning too!  Whats the saying

GET ON!

Edited by karrotsishere

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

C Ferguson has a runner in later in day, likely win wont it? Being such the amazing trainer he is.

Hey a tip for Raceplace folk, just bet on these trainers horses as they are so amazing & you will be winning too!  Whats the saying

GET ON!

Well checking results C Fergusons charge only got 5th. Whats up with that. Hmm. Off the money today with that one.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Hmm. Rumours are spreading thick & fast. Lets see what happens. 

Hmm no bites. Are people for real?! So bizarre the silence. Has no one else heard the word? 

Recap - Recall Lightening telling me about Messenger & to watch. As missed a bunch of NZ racing. Watched a month ish later & thought Self Assured was ripped off. Yea what a GREAT win by Majestic Cruiser LMAO. Gee Majestic Cruiser the claimer horse is so amazing. Can go 5 wide in long distance races & just keep on going. 

Hear Betterzipit a Cambridge Horse that is at best a NZ Country Cup horse & if lucky with the right run & off the front gets a win here & there in that grade. BUT hang on Nek Minnit is a Miracle Mile horse LMAO. Hahaha. 

Ps great to see flights resume for those to get back to North America!

Edited by karrotsishere

Anyway I BetterZipIt. But before I do, my impression of him, was he wouldnt give interviews. Ok interesting. Then seemed to come out of his shell & give them & seemed Cagey to me. And then WAY too confident. I thought hmm why so confident? Too confident for my liking. In racing there are always viables that come into play. Yet he didnt care about any viables. Like his horses could go 4-5 wide no problem. Even get checked BIG time in BIG races against the Best in Australasia & still win. 

Zip It Austin Powers GIF

Edited by karrotsishere

I'll join Happy and Addington, in that I don't know 100% either, but will say this;

There have been rumours floating about, but without any concrete proof, it's not wise, possibly illegal, to publish too much detail, because if unsubstantiated, it's opening up the possibility of defamation.

So that's why most people choose to zip it.

At least publicly anyway. 

On 2/1/2023 at 10:34 PM, karrotsishere said:

Anyway I BetterZipIt. But before I do, my impression of him, was he wouldnt give interviews. Ok interesting. Then seemed to come out of his shell & give them & seemed Cagey to me. And then WAY too confident. I thought hmm why so confident? Too confident for my liking. In racing there are always viables that come into play. Yet he didnt care about any viables. Like his horses could go 4-5 wide no problem. Even get checked BIG time in BIG races against the Best in Australasia & still win. 

Zip It Austin Powers GIF

jack & Jill?

• Like 1

Ill post facts that are public with links.

7 June 2021 NSW Integrity Team put Grimsons entire team in Retention Facility at Menangle from 6 June 2021 until 19 June 2021. 14 days. Nothing came of it.

https://harnesslink.com/australia/nsw-trainer-has-horses-locked-in-retention-facility

Here is the latest article on Crimson. “I like being the underdog. It makes me try harder to prove them wrong,” Grimson said. “I don’t think there’s as much pressure on you either,” Grimson said.

He is claiming he is an under-dog. Yet in same article today 2023 states he is “Australasias major open class Group 1 training force” And back in 2021 as per retention article it stated he was NSW 3rd top trainer at that time.

His winning prize money is $4,132,057 to date as per his public profile. His debut season was 15/16.

https://www.harness.org.au/media-room/news-article/?news_id=59914

Here are his states

22/22 241 62 (26%) 52 (22%) $1,557,880

21/21 361 96 (27%) 112 (31%) $1,441,975

19/20 204 51 (25%) 53 (26%) $ 387,888

18/19 89 17 (19%) 20 (22%) $ 214,535

17/18 84 18 (21%) 21 (25%) $ 163,850

16/17 82 13 (16%) 19 (23%) $ 145,745

15/16 16 7 (44%) 2 (13%) $ 96,735

On Saturday 26 Dec 2020 under trainer G Webster Majestic Cruiser ran in a claimer & finished 4th of 5. Since coming into the care of Grimson Majestic Cruiser has won, multiple G1s.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fields/race-fields/?mc=BA261220#BAM26122007

On 13 Mar 2021 Boncel Benjamin raced in a claimer & finished 6th of 9 under trainer M Stanley. In 1 week of him going into the care of Grimson he won a G3. 6 weeks later he placed in Len Smith G1 & exactly 3 months later 11 Dec 2021 he Won the G1 Interdominion.

On that exact same nite same venue 13 March 2021 I Cast No Shadow then under trainer B Lilley ran 3rd of 9 in a 85 - 99. He then came into the care of Grimson in approx 1 year he had won a G1.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fields/race-fields/?mc=MX130321#MXM13032106

On 7 Jan 2023 his horse Major Meister was bolting hard down the back straight the final time, that it ran straight into the back of driver M Stanley, who as a result ended up in hospital. As a result Major Meister was checked badly at a vital stage, yet still gets up & wins. As per the article M Stanely broke bones in his back  “They found that he had a couple of broken vertebrae in the bottom of his spine”.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/articles/stanley-set-for-stint-on-the-sidelines-after-bendigo-incident/

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fields/race-fields/?mc=BN070123#BNM07012301

I Cast No Shadow - prior going into the care of Grimson had never placed at Group level. Not even G3 level.

Major Meister prior coming into the care of Grimson had never placed at Group level. Not even G3.

Majestic Cruiser - prior coming into the care of Grimson had never placed at Group level. Not even G3. (Raced as a claimer)

Boncel Benjamin - prior coming into the care of Grimson had never placed at Group level Not even G3. (Raced as a claimer)

17 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Just took a quick peak over & he has written that NSW has new & improved testing. Interesting. 

Now I actually came on to post The Race Promo. Its pretty cool. Wish I was going. Following it, to see how it goes. 

interesting horses went into retention barn . so he never lined any up to race that week why?

• Thanks 1