The Race Place

Deep South Watch

karrotsishere

On 4/9/2023 at 8:48 AM, Happy Sunrise said:

I didn't say he was. Bella Button could always trot. He has got it going great.

Bella B had tie up issues. M Jones has taken measures to fix that. And also had junior concessions on so less points. 1 horse doing well after a stable change for me is different than multiple or all others.

Deep South Watch continues - lets watch out for stables changes here we go. Sunday Judith Gwenda trial form is 5 of 5 & 3 of 9. Into Dewe stable. 

TAB form selector has Beautiful Noise (Dewe) as their selection even drawn 15 in a 16 horse field. From 653048. New to stable. So HRNZ form have him/her on top. They must love the draw & the form lol.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

Tyler Dewe: 

"We might get horses that aren't much good. 

But as soon as we get a win with them, we try and um you know, flick them on or, or, you know..." 

Have a think about that for a few minutes. 

"Horses that aren't much good." 

I'll repeat that: 

"Horses that aren't much good." 

He is telling the truth there.

Judging by some of their form, if one could call it "form", perhaps it's better to say their previous racing record. Which is often full of duck's eggs!

But Tyler Dewe can turn these horses, that "aren't much good", right around, into winning performances. Often with ease. 

Well done to him, good on him. 

He's a world class, fine horseman, at such a young age, to be able to get these "aren't much good" horses, to win, and win well, often first up for him, is really something.

Isn't it a pity, that he can turn these "aren't much good horses" into pretty handy types (based on their performances for him), yet he wants to flick them on, or, or you know, straight afterwards. 

A trainer, with many talents. 

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Addington said:

Not sure if this is true but was told by a southerner that T Dewe's horse were all scratched from the meeting down South the weekend before last.

Correct, all of the horses entered for that day were scratched. 

8 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Deep South Watch is still alive. Just stating. Stripes report says all his horses had a virus. Nothing more, nothing less in this instant. 

I wonder if Vets certificate will be required before they race again.

On 4/12/2023 at 8:57 AM, Happy Sunrise said:

Gronkowski needs to be tucked up in bed 3 back on the inner, then wakes up and sprints with 150m to go through the gaps that have appeared to win by a nose.

That was the old Gronkowski.

Now I see TAB Form says 'rates highly' from draw 14 over 2400m. 

That is the new Gronkowski.

Going again at Winton today and looks like "overs" at $2.50 final field! And $1.75 to run Top 2. 

Hopefully that virus that went through the barn (causing all the scratchings) a few weeks back is no more.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/12/2023 at 8:26 AM, karrotsishere said:

Thunderbirds are GO.

Betterzipit.

In true Thunderbird - Grimson fashion. He is going around telling people & telling journos & texing people that he cant see Betterzipit lose the big SLOT race West Australia. He has also said that Betterzip it is his best horse yet!

Also there was a rumour going around that Grimsons stable hand or close contact prior NZ Cup 2022 was going around telling people that Majestic Cruzier was a shoo in. (nearly won too 2nd!) came wide, wide and was still running. So pleased Copy That won!

Wonder why they were and are so confident????? Considering so many viables & this was prior the draw he was saying this. No idea if draw has been done yet. But A Butt said that now Grimson has stated this & its been made public, the Western trainers & drivers will give his horse s..t hahaha. Good. And if they get a chance to do what they did to Laz they will & post him 3 wide whole race if poss. Hahaha.

Soooo, checked into see what the haps is. I see Jason Grimson has been disqualified 12 months from 

22 Aug 2023 til 22 Aug 2024 as per disqualified people on Australia Harness racing site. 

Trainor his wingman Jack Trainor also disqualified as per disqualifed persons Australia Harness website from 22 Aug 2023 to 22 Nov 2023. 

Grimson assaulted an Albion Park racing employee, while the man he assaulted was held back by security. This occured after numerous people taunted Grimson, calling him a drug cheat. 

23 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Soooo, checked into see what the haps is. I see Jason Grimson has been disqualified 12 months from 

22 Aug 2023 til 22 Aug 2024 as per disqualified people on Australia Harness racing site. 

Trainor his wingman Jack Trainor also disqualified as per disqualifed persons Australia Harness website from 22 Aug 2023 to 22 Nov 2023. 

Grimson assaulted an Albion Park racing employee, while the man he assaulted was held back by security. This occured after numerous people taunted Grimson, calling him a drug cheat. 

Geeez thats all a bit sad Karrots. 🥲 Didn't see a pimple about it here in QLD about it on the news. Football players are all trained/educated to handle hecklers during their playing days , as is very common for 'fuelled up' fans to make comments un-becoming and/confront players when an opportunity arises.(drinking locations usually lol) I think the Broncos and Lions and that are banned from attending pubs and clubs unless in restricted admission areas. 

Grimson shouldn't of reacted by the sound of it.   🥲 sad for young kiwi lad Jack Trainor as well, getting tangled in it. Got to be VERY CAREFUL how you celebrate wins these days .... 

On 8/24/2023 at 5:29 PM, Lightning Blue said:

Geeez thats all a bit sad Karrots. 🥲 Didn't see a pimple about it here in QLD about it on the news. Football players are all trained/educated to handle hecklers during their playing days , as is very common for 'fuelled up' fans to make comments un-becoming and/confront players when an opportunity arises.(drinking locations usually lol) I think the Broncos and Lions and that are banned from attending pubs and clubs unless in restricted admission areas. 

Grimson shouldn't of reacted by the sound of it.   🥲 sad for young kiwi lad Jack Trainor as well, getting tangled in it. Got to be VERY CAREFUL how you celebrate wins these days .... 

Really old mate Lightening. Nothing. How odd. I simply googled name once off yesterday & it ALL popped up. Was in multiple stories. But all paid, had to subscribe.

Yes well it is what it is it. And cant change the past now. Both disqualified. 

Edited by karrotsishere