The Race Place

Deep South Watch

karrotsishere

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Just took a quick peak over & he has written that NSW has new & improved testing. Interesting.

Re this rumoured new improved testing technology in NSW as reported. Says they have the ability to go back & re-test previously taken swabs. 

Gee wonder how many trainers maybe a wee bit nervous in NSW now. Any or zero. Will watch this space with interest. 

Did some research & found an article back approx 10 years ago ish in Victoria this same thing happened re the lab there had improved technologies & were able to re test old swabs. Seemed nothing reported come of it at that time. 

Whilst doing research found this. Article is from Victoria not NSW. But interesting all the same. Original article was printed in Sun Herald Aussie. This article out today.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/horse-racing/drug-scandal-threatens-to-engulf-horse-racing-with-allegations-of-widespread-epo-use/news-story/58c8f36893b01024fdd49b2d3be7a5d5

Edited by karrotsishere

21 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

This article out today

Never the twain shall meet. 

"Racing Victoria refutes the assertion that EPO use is widespread in Victorian thoroughbred racing. We have a robust and active testing regime in place for both EPO and opiate-based stimulants and there is no evidence to indicate the systematic use of either within the state of Victoria," said Racing Victoria's general manager of integrity, Dayle Brown, said.

or

Some of the biggest names in racing have said that sophisticated drug cheating has become rife among well-known stables.

Respected trainers and veterinarians have confirmed the allegations are valid, citing several examples in both horse racing codes over many years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Never the twain shall meet. 

"Racing Victoria refutes the assertion that EPO use is widespread in Victorian thoroughbred racing. We have a robust and active testing regime in place for both EPO and opiate-based stimulants and there is no evidence to indicate the systematic use of either within the state of Victoria," said Racing Victoria's general manager of integrity, Dayle Brown, said.

or

Some of the biggest names in racing have said that sophisticated drug cheating has become rife among well-known stables.

Respected trainers and veterinarians have confirmed the allegations are valid, citing several examples in both horse racing codes over many years.

Here it is for you Happy. Published yesterday by looks in The Australian & published today by Fox by an Aussie racing journo B Cormick. So yes the rumour is true the NSW lab has upt its game re testing. What I find interesting is they are seeking govt approval for customs & survillence to watch & see whom is supplying. The Aussies mean business. Also of interest is testing up to 6 weeks out from race. This new technology can do.

It also states they have indeed taken samples from 25 different stables un-announced stable visits & samples of 100 horses. Doesnt say if Harness or Gallops. Good news is by look of name 1 Gallop stable so far have come back ok. Says more still due to come back. And more testing unannounced sampling will continue across metropolitan, provincial & country training centres.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/horse-racing/new-technology-for-epo-testing/news-story/f4665c0a3a4f78ba2ffd4d12ea759bfb

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2022 at 5:53 AM, karrotsishere said:

Here are 3 more to watch. Tenesse Honey, Cormac Leo & Rustenburg. Stable changed from K Marshall (who goes well & has access to a pool too). Say that as saw this article which states the reason behind Fergusons improvement turnaround in horses he gets is because access to a pool. https://harnesslink.com/new-zealand/netherton-franco-extends-fergusons-outstanding-season/

Watch them win on debut for Ferguson. In fact Id go as far as say they will blitz their opppsition. Because winning is so easy to do for Ferguson. His record this season now is 50 starts for 21 wins!!!! 7 seconds & 2 3rds. 

Told y"ll best trainer on the planet. 

Cormac Leo as per results wins on debut. Looks like blitz opposition too. All but runner up.

Be interesting to see how Cormac Leo goes now he is a R50 & as per another thread that is hard on young inexperienced horses that win too quick. But this one will probably win again. Because winning is so easy to do for C Ferguson.

Edited by karrotsishere

He won easily after being wide early. Another nice Sweet Lou. There is another one up Nth called Jolimont owned by none other than Tommy Heptinstall who has acquitted himself well in a few starts. You will be pleased to know Karrots that when Andy (my son in law )who trained most of Tommys horses including Tavistock, told me Tommy was looking at buying a harness horse I told him to go Sweet Lou. He hasn't been disappointed. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 9:00 PM, karrotsishere said:

So lets keep an eye on him folks. Due to his amazing results. Move over All Stars C Ferguson is in town.

Tennessee Honey. 2.10FF to 1.70FF

Formline 4909X

This guy should buy some half-decent horses and see what he can do with them. A bit like Mark Jones getting Bella Button.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Tennessee Honey. 2.10FF to 1.70FF

Formline 4909X

This guy should buy some half-decent horses and see what he can do with them. A bit like Mark Jones getting Bella Button.

Hey this is good news some young blokes getting the wins every 2nd start !!! with some sort of winning formula togeather.

(Ferguson drove Northview Rock recently) with Tyler Dewe in race 8 today. Tyler winning with all sorts too, from not many runners.

Wonder if they aspire to go 'straight To the Top ' like Grimson and Trainor have achieved at Menangle ??? (group racing)

• Haha 1

Results check time as Happy brought to my attention Tennesse Honey racing today. And horse wins. Now final horse to watch out for is Rustenburg as per the quote back in Dec 2022 of 3 horses to watch.

Imagine if C Ferguson or T Dewe or J Trainor or J Grimson had Spitty (Aveross Spitfire). What do you reckon the result would be? 

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Imagine if C Ferguson or T Dewe or J Trainor or J Grimson had Spitty (Aveross Spitfire). What do you reckon the result would be? 

1) It would p!$$ in, and win the NZ Cup fresh up by 10 lengths. 

2) Then immediately be sold to Australia. 

3) Be a complete flop at Menangle, not being able to break 2 minutes around there, before plugging away for a close-up 4th placing at the Snake Gully trots on a Monday afternoon. 

4) Then the previous NZ connections (that won the NZ Cup with Spitty), just have to hope they don't get the dreaded phone call to say "you've sold us a dud, you'd better come over and see us." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/30/2023 at 5:20 PM, karrotsishere said:

C Ferguson or T Dewe

Sniffing around & C Ferguson gets a trifecta.

R2 Deep South horse called Gronkowski, out of curiousity watched replay after looking up todays results. Noticed the horse under a hold the whole race & none of the others in the race were 1 bar. The commentator said the leader had them running along. Yes had a nice run, but couldnt help but noticed just how well it was running along. The commentator states Gronkowski the one they have all come for. Looks like a sure thing just missed as driver didnt pull out in time. Not blaming driver. Just noted its form 858055 & it started from the 2nd row! Yet seemed to have been punted in to 2nd fav. Took at look back at Teddy Bakers 1st up run for same trainer, looked similar was running along well just like todays Gronkowski.

What is T Dewe doing to make his horses run along so well during the running, to a point the drivers have to have a good hold on them? As soon as they start for him, they go from no form to instant winners or like today a just miss. And why did the punters come for this horse as the commentator stated?

Same thing too for C Ferguson, how is he also getting horses stable changed to then 1st up with no form win easily? What is their magic trick?

Grimson I see Betterzipit won some big ish race & is all the talk for some slot race in Aussie. Got to be joking. So if Betterzipit had of gone back to NZ & raced in The Race he would be a possible top 3 player? The old Betterzipit, not a chance.

What are these 3 trainers doing to get such amazing results? I dont believe that Grimson whispers in the horses ear (horse whisper) as Iv read online, that that is the reason they suddenly improve out of sight. Get real. Changing gear eg putting blinds on or off doesn't suddenly improve a horses stamina ten fold. Get real.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Gronkowski,

I have followed Gronkowski over recent months, I thought it might have gone ok on the coast but it was flat as a pancake. If it was running on it was barely noticeable. Poor Gavin Smith must have had enough.

What is T Dewe doing to make his horses run along so well during the running, to a point the drivers have to have a good hold on them? As soon as they start for him, they go from no form to instant winners or like today a just miss.

Can't answer that.

And why did the punters come for this horse as the commentator stated?

Because they know it will improve out of sight. They don't back the horse, the draw or the driver. Punters know it is nearly free money. After seeing it happen over the last few years with other trainers punters are familiar with the drill.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Because they know it will improve out of sight. They don't back the horse, the draw or the driver. Punters know it is nearly free money. After seeing it happen over the last few years with other trainers punters are familiar with the drill.

Dead right Happy. 

And it's not just the punters that know. 

The TAB odd setters also know. They're not stupid. 

Everyone knows. 

There are a few golden rules I stick to when having a punt. One of the more recent ones, is not bothering when there is a T Dewe runner in the field. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rusty said:

MPI don't use any surveillance cameras for horse stables down in the deep south. 

I'm dead set serious. 

They do use them. But they need to start using them down south. For you know... Looking at, and recording stuff. Like animals.

Like they have done previously in Canterbury a few months back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I'm dead set serious. 

They do use them. But they need to start using them down south. For you know... Looking at, and recording stuff. Like animals.

Like they have done previously in Canterbury a few months back. 

I know you are.

They need to get down there quickly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I know you are.

They need to get down there quickly.

Yes great idea.

Here is public made info incase anyone out there needs to go to spec-savers as HRNZ are putting up incorrect info under T Dewes 2023 stats. HRNZ has up that he only has 4 starts & no wins & 1 second / UDR .1389 Incorrect.

T Dewe actual 2023 stats 15 starts / 7 wins  / 1 second / 2 thirds - URD = .5481

C Ferguson 2023 stats 19 starts / 9 wins / 3 seconds / 2 thirds - UDR = .5965

C Fergusons 2022 stats  50 starts / 21 wins / 7 seconds / 2 thirds - UDR = .5111

Get this

C Fergusons 2020 stats 34 starts / 1 win / 2 seconds / 3 thirds - .0915 & his 2021 stats are average. So he suddenly out of nowhere got a magic winning formula from 2022.

Edited by karrotsishere

12 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

type...delete....type....delete.

Can't even make a joke.

Not sure what you mean Happy.

Im not deleting it. Cant see the problem with? Its all public info. 

These races replays I have mentioned are all public too.

Iv asked a question whats the magic sudden improvement. 

You answered saying not sure.

Anyway no more Deep South watch posts then. But come on, if its grabbed our attention then who elses has it grabbed?

It's a shame though that your post is really quite negative Karrots.

Whether you like it or not you are putting both Southern trainers under a negative microscope due to their URL ratings.

I think you under estimate the Harness Integrity Unit , who I believe do a fair job.

With the change of calendar (I think this is a more important issue) the Easter Saturday card @ Addington is a poor card to say the least.

IMO Trackside 2 is appropriate.

10 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

type...delete....type....delete.

Can't even make a joke.

Oh I think you are meaning you typed something, then deleted it as cant say what you want. And yes there is something we are not allowed to say, or make a joke of.

8 hours ago, craigos1 said:

I think you under estimate the Harness Integrity Unit , who I believe do a fair job.

Morning Craig, nice to hear from you, RIB haven't made my mind up on them. They do good job, then sometimes not so good. They just got it handed to them by the High Court. The Wigg case. I always supported Wigg & agreed the sentence was too much for offence. In which High Court also agrees. Now as a result Burrows recently applied for a review to his sentence & guess Anderson will follow. A positive to come from it all is that now the RIB wont be doing the reviews/appeals, something they refused to change until this high court decision. They handed down the sentences, then did all the appeals too. How fair was that? Conflict of interest. So now it has recently been changed & an indepandant who will do the appeals.

It's a shame though that your post is really quite negative Karrots.

Your are right, have been a bit negative lately.

Whether you like it or not you are putting both Southern trainers under a negative microscope due to their URL ratings.

Take a look at the past 5 years UDR & the top 10 ish trainers, who is down among them. A pattern occurs. Look for trainers with 15 or more starts with multiple horses. There is a saying when something is too good to be true ...

But totally cool, we all have our own views and thoughts on it. And I respect that.

Re Easter racing I'm not following it sorry, just kind of zone in some things takes my interest. Eg The Race, RIB head will be partaking in overseeing of the draw NZ time Monday. But someone else may have a view Easter Racing channel etc.