The Race Place

Max goes for more gold for the SPCA

but big ups to Dancing Show and Buller Rep and Foxy One for havin' a crack ...

Max has gone for Garry's AQUAOIR at Pukekohe. This mare will win a decent Stakes race one day; tomorrow she is in a very winnable race, on her way up in terms of racing fitness and ready for a middle distance. Tends to get back and should enjoy the roomy and long long Pukekohe straight. Senior rider aboard; light weight and not a big field. Expect her to be FLYING HOME. Bet of The Day.2022-12-02.thumb.png.bc80c2810e4109844994a5517892f3c8.png

Max for my threepence worth, the idea was great but something didn't quite work out.

Probably having to invest "all winnings" week after week was always going mean that no one got through to the end!

Rework the rules/thinking and have another go.

In the meantime join in the Charity competition on Race Cafe as it has another two weeks to run. 

Cheers

Cheers mate...the concept is no different to Let It Ride on TV's 'Get On.' They don't run it for three or four weeks.

In the meantime, Maxi's bet on Aquaoir at Pukekohe was a Bonus Bet refund cos it ran 4th ...so we live to fight another day with our $38 EW (but as a bonus bet, with their conditions)

Aquaoir looked a million dollars halfway down the straight, challenged for the lead, but peaked on her run and faded to 4th.which may top her off nicely for Manawatu Cup in a fortnite but didnt help the SPCA today!

Happy to be given a second chance.

MM

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Cheers mate...the concept is no different to Let It Ride on TV's 'Get On.' They don't run it for three or four weeks.

In the meantime, Maxi's bet on Aquaoir at Pukekohe was a Bonus Bet refund cos it ran 4th ...so we live to fight another day with our $38 EW (but as a bonus bet, with their conditions)

Aquaoir looked a million dollars halfway down the straight, challenged for the lead, but peaked on her run and faded to 4th.which may top her off nicely for Manawatu Cup in a fortnite but didnt help the SPCA today!

Happy to be given a second chance.

MM

Good on ya Max but you must have seen a different race to me today. Aquaoir was dog paddling at the 200 today. Never looked like winning.

38 minutes ago, pete said:

Good on ya Max but you must have seen a different race to me today. Aquaoir was dog paddling at the 200 today. Never looked like winning.

That's what I thought, were you on the Moet early Max.  Never backed it, too short, but the connections must be a bit disappointed with the run.  Out finished by Super Sid, a very average horse.  The only mitigating factor was the way the race was run, with a tearaway leader, can not suit some horses

10 hours ago, Maximus said:

yeh well mebbe you're still recovering from the malaise of yesterday

MM

You need new glasses mate. Just watched that race again and there is no way the horse was challenging for the lead at any time in the straight. It never even looked like getting past the third horse which was also battling.

Fair enough.

i thought about here she was challenging for the lead...leader had every right to take tinier steps the last 100m and she was about to sail on by ...a good imagination is a wonderful thing. 

She'll keep ..and so will the $38 EW for the SPCA.

2022-12-04.png

• Like 1

I watched the race with quite some interest as I had trebles going and also as great team Turbo man Gazz has a share in Aquaoir.

My impression (other than f*ck I dont have Rua Rocks) was it was a beautiful display of front running riding by the apprentice.

She may have gone a little hard early on but if you watch the last 600m she doesn't panic when they start to close around the turn, she still sits quietly early in the run home to give her horse the best chance to find a kick and when she finally goes for him those actions for the previous 400m pay a huge dividend as he holds them out quite comfortably.

Well done Miss Hannan - a quality effort by both horse and rider

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blind Squirrel said:

I watched the race with quite some interest as I had trebles going and also as great team Turbo man Gazz has a share in Aquaoir.

My impression (other than f*ck I dont have Rua Rocks) was it was a beautiful display of front running riding by the apprentice.

She may have gone a little hard early on but if you watch the last 600m she doesn't panic when they start to close around the turn, she still sits quietly early in the run home to give her horse the best chance to find a kick and when she finally goes for him those actions for the previous 400m pay a huge dividend as he holds them out quite comfortably.

Well done Miss Hannan - a quality effort by both horse and rider

Max fully endorses this accolade for Kelsey Hannan. She is only 19 and only in her first full season of race riding...42 wins from 288 rides about 1 in 7 winning strike rate. 4th in the Premiership.

Max was going to post something about her brilliant ride on Rua Rocks, but the Hesi-meister had been reading my mail.

MM