The Race Place

Big announcement

pete

4 hours ago, Hesi said:

If you took, what is the 1.26 mil extra to increase all G1's to 400K (work it out, I have), then if you assume there are 750 maiden races per year (I have no idea if this is correct or not), then that would only be an extra $1680 per race, hardly significant

I think you worked it out wrong. There were 20 Group 1s this season, so that's $2m or 10% of the funding increase for stakes. Over 750 mdn races that's more than 2500 per race. A significant improvement on top of what they have already allocated though not where I would probably have spent it.

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

cor blimey, what about the current and oldie generation(s) the ones who have actually kept and will keep the industry alive? You know, the owners and breeders and punters. Not saying Social Media is nonsense,but if you want to cater to the people who have $$$ stake in the industry, radio is vital (even if they wanna access it online)

MM

Much agree maxi, i miss the old saturday morning show with Peter Early and Alby Gain, when Ellerslie races were on me and the bird would drive to the 300 meter mark and park there an hour before the first race listening to all the trainer, jockey interviews...then 10mins before race 1 the bird would make a dash to the tote and get the guys on the gates bets too and put them on..great times (:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, curious said:

I think you worked it out wrong. There were 20 Group 1s this season, so that's $2m or 10% of the funding increase for stakes. Over 750 mdn races that's more than 2500 per race. A significant improvement on top of what they have already allocated though not where I would probably have spent it.

Work it out again Brent, several of the G1's are already in excess of 400k so no extra there.  Others are at 330 or 350k, so not 100k there.  Unless I am reading the G1 increase incorrectly

5 minutes ago, mooseman said:

Much agree maxi, i miss the old saturday morning show with Peter Early and Alby Gain, when Ellerslie races were on me and the bird would drive to the 300 meter mark and park there an hour before the first race listening to all the trainer, jockey interviews...then 10mins before race 1 the bird would make a dash to the tote and get the guys on the gates bets too and put them on..great times 🙂

That is the only justification for bringing back Trackside radio, because all the older people whose efforts or punter dollar have helped build the industry.  But it is not the way ahead for young people.  Entain will know all this, so look forward to what they come up with

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Work it out again Brent, several of the G1's are already in excess of 400k so no extra there.  Others are at 330 or 350k, so not 100k there.  Unless I am reading the G1 increase incorrectly

I'm reading it that the NZTR contribution will go from 200k to 300k for them all. The extra comes from clubs and sponsors for some of them but the cost is $2m from the additional $20m funding.

2 hours ago, barryb said:

There are a lot of f--ks in the above 2 posts, but it gets so annoying when these silly old c--ts trot out yesteryear bullshit as its the very f--king reason the industry is screwed today.

Elocution lessons maybe Barry. But agree ,times have changed.

9 minutes ago, barryb said:

we are destined to join your family in VIC

I have been trying to convince my "Australian "wife to go back for some time. Labour getting the vote again ( god forbid) will hopefully seal the deal. I love Melbourne, and my son in Sunbury is just above Melton, and the Trotting track.  My other 3 kids can well afford to visit us if we go.