The Race Place

Catalyst in Aus

Hesi

Yeah it was great, reminiscent of the Bonecrusher/Waverly Star Cox Plate.

Always good to see our best 3 year olds show they are up to the best in Aus, and good to see a lesser light like Clayton Chipperfield deliver.  I hope they keep with him, no reason not to based on results.

I realise Te Akau do a lot, but I get a bit tired of the hype and media  around them.  At least 1 of our 3 top horses is trained by someone outside of the glitterati

Alligator Blood is heading for the Golden Slipper apparently:classic_rolleyes:, well according to Horseracing.com.au

Alligator Blood will now head to the Group 1 Australian Guineas in a fortnights time before his grand final – the $3.5 million Golden Slipper – at Rosehill on March 21.

Not surprisingly, the bookies have acted accordingly by firming Alligator Blood from $4.00 into $3.20 favouritism for the Guineas.

Alligator Blood now hopes to become the seventh horse to complete the CS Hayes-Australian Guineas double, with Grunt being the last to do so in 2018.

As for the Slipper, Vandyke has no doubts the stable will head that way.

22 hours ago, Hesi said:

That Alligator Blood is a real fighter though, going to be hard for Catalyst to get past him.  Maybe the extra 200m or drier track will change things, let's hope so

gotta admire AB's will to win...really stuck the neck out the last two strides...remember there was a 1kg pull in the weights for AB yesterday and an inside draw..tables could easily be turned in the Guineas

Edited by Maximus

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

gotta admire AB's will to win...really stuck the neck out the last two strides...remember there was a 1kg pull in the weights for AB yesterday and an inside draw..tables could easily be turned in the Guineas

Whilst I agree tables could be turned (or another winner entirely), in the guineas. My view is the barrier and weight weren't a factor in the outcome. We'll never know either way. My additional view is that Catalyst actually had the better run in transit and still got beaten.