The Race Place

This site goes dead without Thomass

Hesi

What a boring, dead shit lot(Freda, Mardi and Curious excepted), they must be, if they cannot put together positive and interesting topics of discussion about racing without him(still waiting on the Punters Club)

What a self indictment and admission of their own inadequacies.

Start a few threads, make a few posts, instead of pulling to bits what other positive initiatives others take

30 minutes ago, Maximus said:

i know, mate, but you don't have to rub it in again and again. We all know anyway. We're already on your side, remember!

Look Maxi, I recognize what you are saying, but from where I sit  the frustration is, that we are not picking up many new members, even though we have done as we said, and delivered  a personal abuse  free,  takling about racing, fun site  with quite  a few  features  that other sites  don't  have 

I'm  also mindful it is getting harder  to get  the numbers  for PJ's comps, so new participating members  is vital

29 minutes ago, Maximus said:

The best way to get new members is to promote this site's strengths, not to  put down anyone else 'in the market'. I suggest you look at initiatives to bring in new race fans, rather than calling another site and/or its contributors 'ratshit'

Come on Maxi, you know as well as I do, that place is Ratshit.

Molly abuses that crap out of everyone except his buddies, and if anyone else tries it on with the personal stuff, they get rebuked by puddles McKenzie, the place is a joke

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

The best way to get new members is to promote this site's strengths, not to  put down anyone else 'in the market'. I suggest you look at initiatives to bring in new race fans, rather than calling another site and/or its contributors 'ratshit'

no one but you on this site gives a toss about RC Ignore it. Get over it....before your supporters get sick of the trivial nonsense you are perpetuating by giving it oxygen. I feel I have said this many many times before ...

Edited by Maximus

Just cut Hesi a bit of slack guys. He's passionate about this site and I think the frustration of our inability to attract many new members got the better of him.

Having said that, we both recognize the importance of keeping our existing members happy as we have no wish to lose any of you because you are all important to us.

We'll both endeavour to keep negative comments about other sites to ourselves from now on.

Thanks for your views on this. Robust conversation like this is important and in no way discouraged.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Okay okay, I retreat, just the frustration creeps in from time to time.  Pete will confirm, it's not a walk in the park on these sites

if it's any consolation, rest easy knowing that through this site TODAY you have eased the pain for a seriously injured jockey.

MM

😧

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Hesi said:

Okay okay, I retreat, just the frustration creeps in from time to time.  Pete will confirm, it's not a walk in the park on these sites

Settle down and just keep doing a good job - which you do.

You must realise that Doug started BOAY as a means to provide an alternative to the bias and personal abuse  prevalent on R.C....seems to have toned down a bit at the moment...but there remain several very good posters there. [ R.C ]

I don't understand why more haven't had  more than a passing look either there or here.

Yes,  Thomas has been a thorn in the side for many on BOAY  which has produced a hiccup or two for the Chief - but his motives are/were very sound.

He doesn't deserve a swipe,  and you do yourself no favours in giving him one.

A few more numbers here would be nice,  but still early days.

Maybe a FB page?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Freda said:

Settle down and just keep doing a good job - which you do.

You must realise that Doug started BOAY as a means to provide an alternative to the bias and personal abuse  prevalent on R.C....seems to have toned down a bit at the moment...but there remain several very good posters there. [ R.C ]

I don't understand why more haven't had  more than a passing look either there or here.

Yes,  Thomas has been a thorn in the side for many on BOAY  which has produced a hiccup or two for the Chief - but his motives are/were very sound.

He doesn't deserve a swipe,  and you do yourself no favours in giving him one.

A few more numbers here would be nice,  but still early days.

Maybe a FB page?

All good points Freda. Thomas remains a matter of personal taste I guess so we'll leave it at that.

Good idea about FB. We'll look into it.