The Race Place

I see our friend sounding off again

Hesi

All The Aces, the unlovable rogue or just another CS alias?

You can't see our tipping forum, but Baz tipped a 28.50 winner, a 8.70 place getter, and someone else tipped out a 9.70 place getter.

How did Dividend Doc go today.....oh dear he forgot to post :classic_rolleyes:

It's funny also because on that site, they have threads about how certain trainers aren't doing any good. I guess that means if they were a good trainer, they have become a not so good trainer. (that's how they seem to relate ability). Wow, just like that. 

Such an inability to consider the horse(s) the trainer is training - or for that matter, the horse(s) a jockey is riding. It's people like him that make it easy for people like me. So thanks.

Look, judge for yourself

When I was on BOAY, but being moderated, I posted an update about Richard Yuill's injury, that I picked up from one of the many Facebook groups that exist.  I copy and pasted that post.

Because I was being moderated the post did not get published for several hours

But, within about 30 minutes of me posting, a post from ATA appears, that was not identical but a re-hash of my post.

Like I said, judge for yourself what has happened.

Must be running out of things to post over there - feeling the need to copy posts from here. Must be sick of just seeing the Chiefs posts all over the place, felt the need for some quality.

As for some comment about me professing to be an expert on NZ racing. I've never stated that or even suggested it.

As for where I do my betting, I don't have any greater ability with NZ racing than I do with Australian or UK racing. The process is the same. There is 10 times as much racing on Australian/UK/Ire soil than there is on NZ soil - and with massively larger liquidity than there is on NZ races. Pretty easy to see why I would do less than 10% of my betting on NZ racing. Some struggle with what are pretty simple things. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, brown fox said:

For some reason I find Aust. form far more consistent and easier to read.Not sure if thats down to training methods/track conditions.

How do you find U.K. Racing Mardie? I've only bet there for the Jumps at Cheltenham and that seems a bit of a lolly scramble

Think UK racing pretty similar to other places. I bet more on what would be lesser events - their group racing sometimes has small fields with clearly exposed capabilities so hard to get ahead there. Their handicaps still cover a far greater range of weight than Australasia - which I think is a good thing. My own view on that is it can still make punters over react to the variance (imo).

Love Cheltenham as it brings horses from a variety of courses racing in different classes. I don't consider class of race run in, and am looking for a performance that is overlooked by the public because they discount lower grade events.  Also, some events get big fields which adds to the challenge. I'm generally happy with just a couple of winners across the carnival in the price bracket I work in.

Aside from that, I'd really love to get there one day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mardigras said:

Must be running out of things to post over there - feeling the need to copy posts from here. Must be sick of just seeing the Chiefs posts all over the place, felt the need for some quality.

As for some comment about me professing to be an expert on NZ racing. I've never stated that or even suggested it.

As for where I do my betting, I don't have any greater ability with NZ racing than I do with Australian or UK racing. The process is the same. There is 10 times as much racing on Australian/UK/Ire soil than there is on NZ soil - and with massively larger liquidity than there is on NZ races. Pretty easy to see why I would do less than 10% of my betting on NZ racing. Some struggle with what are pretty simple things. 

Well said Mardi.  Pete talks a lot on this site though, are you up to 50% of the posts yet Pete

8 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Well said Mardi.  Pete talks a lot on this site though, are you up to 50% of the posts yet Pete

You have 1600+ likes. I have 700.

That either means you are a hugely likeable person or you just post a whole load more shit than I do.

• Haha 2

Just now, VvD said:

Yeah that's hilarious but not sure what it has to do with this discussion?

You're not the smartest or most logical person are you!?  Read Say No More's response - you clearly had someone in mind when you posted your accusation.  Hesi's response din't change your accusation.  Just tell us who you had in mind - not that difficult.

Oh for goodness sake let it go.

• pete locked this topic