The Race Place

Craig's Music faves

craigos1

1 hour ago, craigos1 said:

My first LP was Beach Boys

As a naive kid at Broad Bay School I thought people from USA just swam and surfed....................What an awesome place to live!

Dennis, the least talented of the 3 Wilson brothers, was the only one that exemplified that California lifestyle.  Just shows how powerful an image the music can portray

On 4/11/2020 at 8:16 PM, craigos1 said:

This is the show and song which made my mind up that I liked them!

Brought their first 3 albums (cassettes back then). Chance from The Crossing was my all time favourite Big Country song. 👊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craigos1 said:

My first LP was Beach Boys

As a naive kid at Broad Bay School I thought people from USA just swam and surfed....................What an awesome place to live!

As youngsters I can remember the first albums we ever brought were those top of the pop LPS they use to sell at the corner diaries. It would be latest pop songs sung (murdered) by local artists. But we still thought it was cool to be able to play these songs as often and whenever we liked.

Then we started collecting those 20 Solid Gold Hits albums (Ktel?) We thought we were in heaven!  

Various_Artists__51a54f668870e.jpg

On 4/11/2020 at 8:38 PM, craigos1 said:

Luckily enough to see David Bowie 3 times....last time with my wife who wasn't keen to go....now she'd be his biggest fan

Saw him perform at the record-breaking Serious Moonlight Tour show at Western Springs in 1983. I was standing somewhere in the area marked in red. 🤩

image.png.8263b32f0636e3ab63a3ccb49757b507.png

Edited by Rayzor
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A long long time ago I;m travelling back from inter school with Shirley Boys.........us seniors are sipping more than coke up the back of the bus when.....................BANG.............................2 wheels on the bus blow out!

We are pretty much on motorway outside Oamaru racecourse and all I could remember was.......................!!

The song that was playing at the time.....................