The Race Place

Craig's Music faves

craigos1

22 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Happy Easter folks even though it feels nothing like Easter,

Fasika my Randwick Bet!

Pussycat ... one of the greatest of all time..perfect harmonies and not the slightest hit of egotism from the singers

Edited by Maximus

8 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

Read somewhere that his song Lovely Day held the record for the longest held note by a artist with a song that hit number one.

You're not just a pretty face NG

Toward the end of the song, Withers holds a note for 18 seconds.[4] This is believed to be the second-longest note in UK chart history; Morten Harket of A-ha's 20-second note in "Summer Moved On" (2000) is the longest. Withers' note is sustained in chest voice, whereas Harket utilizes the falsetto range. The former remains the longest of any Top 40 hit in the United States. Some[who?]claim Freddy Curci of the band Sheriff holds the final falsetto note of "When I'm with You", a number one song in the U.S. in 1989, for about 20 seconds, although his voice seems to transform into a sound effect, created in the studio.

1 hour ago, craigos1 said:

I have to admit I didn't know John Prine who passed away yesterday..........................songwriter singer.

My ears perked up when Bruce Springsteen made a glowing tribute on CNN.

Yeahh.... revered by Springsteen, Dylan and Kristofferson among others. Kristofferson said when he introduced him to the world something like if he kept writing like that they'd have to break his thumbs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craigos1 said:

Now for something different.....................and yes I can sing every word👀

Me too. Heard him do it countless times when he ran the karaoke at my fave cafe/bar in Riccarton in the mid 90s. Where is Deano now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

Read somewhere that his song Lovely Day held the record for the longest held note by a artist with a song that hit number one.

and the mindless repetition of that 'a lovely day' phrase (and note) still drives me up the twist ...great musician all the same

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

ahhh Susan Raye ...i remember a couple of other hits of hers from that fab 70s era ...here's one ...the other one is 'Pitty Pitty Patter' which is so corny I cant ring myself to post it ...besides, it might get Mrs W in the mood for more Wee Weasels