The Race Place

Auckland

Royal Nod

Here is an article talking about the the record low noms for Alex P. Also talks about Copy That. As he is also nom-ed for Fri.

Green states he is not feared after watching the Ashburton OC race, seeing Self A only win by a slight margin. 

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/copy-that-surprise-entry-for-auckland-on-friday-but-whod-want-to-take-him-on/

If the atc put on a race this week with Copy That in it, then they deserve all the ill fortune that has fallen their way with the Apartment development and more

The fact that the Trainer thinks that he could get a race at Auckland this week is plainly ridiculous

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

If the atc put on a race this week with Copy That in it, then they deserve all the ill fortune that has fallen their way with the Apartment development and more

The fact that the Trainer thinks that he could get a race at Auckland this week is plainly ridiculous

You have been heard Mike.

No race for Copy That this Friday.

5 hours ago, Royal Nod said:

Nominations dreadful this week.  Only 64.

277 for Kaikoura. 

Whatever happened to the Boss of ATC and his spreadsheet of horses available to run each month? He did this last year after the first lockdown ended I believe.

Maybe, he needs to resurrect the spreadsheet to see if Auckland harness can itself be resurrected.

12 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

And no one in the South is fearful of Copy That after running 3rd at Auckland.

Agree Happy.

He had a good run, and perhaps needed Belle of Montana to cart him a bit closer, but should have still been able to run down the front two, if he was in anywhere near his top form. No doubt he is a very, very, very good horse, and hope he can represent the North Island with credit at the cup meeting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Royal Nod said:

Nice 2nd in Race 12.   🙄

Hi Nod.

Thanks for sharing that. It is really good to be able to cheer on a fellow Race Place member owner.

You have a very nice horse there, and wish you a good result next Tuesday.

Robert.

Edited by Double R
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Royal Nod said:

Nice 2nd in Race 12.   🙄

A wee side note for us on Race Place.

Perhaps a North versus South,  Race Place challenge in the Harness Million Three Year race, at Alexandra Park, on Saturday night the 12th of February?

The South, with your Republican Party, and the North, with my, Ultimate Missile.

It would also be a good chance for a Race Place, Hall of Fame visit, and big race night get together?

Time will tell, as there is much water, and racing, to go under the bridge before then.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

So word is ATC will consult with trainers etc over the next few months re horse numbers. 

Also apparently they are most likely going to join the business vaccine traffic light thing when it comes into play in Auckland.

Hi Karrots.

Will your wee Sweetie Lewey be in that count?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Double R said:

I have no doubt your Lewey will be an Auckland horse, and beyond.

I will add, I am sure of Lewey will be an Auckland horse, because through lack of numbers, everyone gets a start currently. I think they might be looking to put a couple of Kidz Kart tote races on to get the number of races up towards double figures!!!!

• Haha 1

Race 6 , and it's a six horse field , and Bernie Hackett has All 6 of them as Trainer. (along with partner Michelle) F4 goes to Bernie lol

You could only dream of that as a Trainer Not that Long ago really. The big 16 horse trotters fields used to be quite spectacular at Auckland. 

Bernie must have a smile a 'mile wide' having the monopoly of it like he is getting lately.   Bet he didn't visualise this when starting off in the 80's?

Wonder if Williamsons should go for the same sort of thing in Southland/Otago ? 

On 10/26/2021 at 11:52 AM, Royal Nod said:

Nominations dreadful this week.  Only 64.  If it gets  any  worse will  they have to  start cancelling race meetings?

12 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Race 6 , and it's a six horse field , and Bernie Hackett has All 6 of them as Trainer. (along with partner Michelle) F4 goes to Bernie lol

Things like these  are not a good omen for the future.

12 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Bernie must have a smile a 'mile wide' having the monopoly of it like he is getting lately.   Bet he didn't visualise this when starting off in the 80's?

I bet there is part of him longing for the 80s.

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 1