The Race Place

Aalaalune

pete

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldnt underetsimate Aalaalune - we know she has the galloping ability, track conditions, distance will suit and she has race fitness/experience on her side.

My only concern is her MENTALS ie confidence or lack of it. The odds are quite extremely attractive, almost worth taking just in case!

Edited by Maximus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The horse would win you would think. I have priced her at $2.30, so currently at $2.05, way too low for me. Only value I really see being in Seven Seas at 12s.

For those weight focused punters, if this was a handicap, she'd be incurring around an extra 8kg to the rest. According to some, that gives her a 6L advantage by way of set weights. 

As an aside, NZ should run handicap maiden races anyway. I have no idea why they don't. Increase the perceived competitiveness of the events ultimately which might make things more attractive to punters.

• 7 months later...

Perversely, the enforced break she wouldnt have got without lockdown may have helped her. Should be able to tell on Sat if she has retained her desire to be a racehorse. Track conditions, home course in her favour, and can sprint well fresh. Good draw, senior stable rider ...ticks a lotta boxes