11 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Hawera Day 2 ON SAME runners as Day 1

Josia - Pacing Hope

Happy -  I Wont Backdown

Rusty - Magic Thompson

Smiler - Cheekygrin

Harewood - Manny

Racechat - Whisky On the Rocks

For those with selections tomorrow if Day 2 is abandoned no further other days will be allocated.

An update on the situation. "An inspection by drivers and the Hawera trackman in the morning will determine if Sunday’s meeting goes ahead after a day of non-stop rain in the province". This pic was taken tonight oncourse by N Chilcott stables.

272989937_2256853664462560_1798424845942683763_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

With Hawera Day 2 abandoned, means current leader Josias has only 5 runners out of 6 meetings. So is unable to strike twice today.

Round 5 begins soon. Looking for Roughies to come in & someone to make a move from the herd. Hopefully while out on lunch Josias didn't get a milkshake from the diary. 

Results will be posted tomorrow with a leaderboard update. 

• Haha 2

After Round 4 the field has opened up as some have gone after this leader. Enteebee gets a win with Griffins Syndicate runner Donald Trump. We have a race of 3 herds now. BUT ALL still in with a chance to be crowned Raceplace Staying Champ. Some are on weary legs. Does anyone have any speed left heading into the final round? The winner will be revealed tonight.

Enteebee - Win Donald Trump $5.10

Racechat Win $4.90 Platinum Prince

Royal Nod Win $1.80 Step it Up a Notch

Globe Sundons Flyer Place $1.90

Blackie Place $2.10 You Said IT

Far Too Much Doctor Tim Place $1.30

Leaderboard Update

Josia $26.70

Trotslover $13.30

Steve P $11.10

Far Too Much $8.00

Pete $6.20 

Smiler $5.90 

Blackie $5.10

Enteebee $5.10

Racechat $4.90

Gospel  $4.30

Royal Nod $3.60 

Got the Trots $3.40

Globe $2.90

Mardy $2.60

Purple P $1.80 

Hesi $1.80 

Sir G $1.80

Karrots $1.80 

Double R $1.70

Wilfred $1.50 

Lightening $1.30 

Dancing Show $ND 

Edited by karrotsishere

I’m not too worried about winning the thing, I just want to beat that Lightning home.
Typical Aussie, he’s probably made his run too early.

Go Cashem Race 1. Just beat Cosmic Angel home.

ps never thought I’d be cheering for an 8 start maiden trotter on a wet grass track🤞😎.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I’m not too worried about winning the thing, I just want to beat that Lightning home.

ps never thought I’d be cheering for an 8 start maiden trotter on a wet grass track🤞😎.

Haha Im on The Peacemaker lol. 

Go The Peacemaker. 

Peace Out Goodbye GIF

On 2/3/2022 at 11:31 AM, Lightning Blue said:

Karrots new team is 1. SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS (G1 Hunter Cup)  2. SWEET LOUISE (G1 Ladyship Cup following Spellbound out of the gate) at melton.

SHANLOU (R1 Menangle) , HEMSWORTH (R5 albion Fri) , BLUE IVY (R5 albion Sat)

Sorry Karrots but your Sweet 5 Aussie 'Sweet Lou' weekend team has not gathered the wins to Top the ladder .

On 2/5/2022 at 4:26 AM, karrotsishere said:

Karrots $1.80 

We had a 1st, a 2nd with 'Spirit' in the Hunter Cup,  and a 3rd to gather just $5.00 with your back up Sweet 5 team.  A $3 loss. 

4 hours ago, Blackie said:

’m not too worried about winning the thing, I just want to beat that Lightning home.

hahaha ...yes Karrots was no angel there,  giving me the 70-1 shot Cosmic Angel (unplaced) , so Blackie has thumped my score of $1.30 with his $5.10 . a rare win for Blackie lol.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Sorry Karrots but your Sweet 5 Aussie 'Sweet Lou' weekend team has not gathered the wins to Top the ladder .

We had a 1st, a 2nd with 'Spirit' in the Hunter Cup,  and a 3rd to gather just $5.00 with your back up Sweet 5 team.  A $3 loss. 

Oh no, just a mixture of results. Should of taken Bankers Gold (Sweet Lou), (Fri nite Newcastle) instead of 1 of those that didn't win/place. Bankers Gold won, but lost on a protest, ran in a bit on horse trail. Still would of been a place to break even. 

47 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

hahaha ...yes Karrots was no angel there,  giving me the 70-1 shot Cosmic Angel (unplaced) , so Blackie has thumped my score of $1.30 with his $5.10 . a rare win for Blackie lol.

Hahaha 👼 well Josias is feeling the pinch with 800 metres to go, 'being an also ran today', but is still out in lead.

Should anyone get a roughy winner in, they can take glory. 

Edited by karrotsishere

And thats a wrap. Round 5 scores ended with Pete taking most $ with a place on Rafa Novak, should his runner won, then he may taken the RacePlace Stayers Crown. But the winner with the most staying power Josias. Final scores tally up next 

Pete Rafa Novak Place $8.60

Royal Nod Buckskin Win $8.50

Mardy Ruthless Lizzie Place  $5.70

Richie Opawa Louie Place $4.90

Enteebee You fly with Me Place $2.00

Got the Trots win Matt Major $2.30

Dancing Show No Terror Place $1.80

Mike Kali B Place $1.80

Edited by karrotsishere

Final Placings 

1st Josias $26.70

2nd Pete $14.80 

3rd Trotslover $13.30

4th Royal Nod $11.70 

Also Ran

Steve P $11.10

Mardy $8.90

Far Too Much $8.00

Enteebee $7.10

Smiler $5.90 

Got the Trots $5.70

Blackie $5.10

Richie/Racechat $4.90

Gospel $4.30

Globe $2.90

Mike/Dancing Show/Purple Parship/Hesi/Sir G/Karrots, $1.80

Double R $1.70

Wilfred $1.50 

Lightening $1.30 

Pulled Up Ngkonui Grass/Happy Sunrise/Craigo

Lost Driver Rusty/Harewood

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I was wondering where LB had got too, realised my binoculars weren’t powerful enough, I’ve got a sore neck looking back that far.

Yes , Lightning Blue was struggling a bit in that 'Quality' field . 😂😅

But Blackie  only 11th ?  The real 'Blacks A Fake' would be up in front of 'Josias' with a big 1st next to his name ??  on Karrots ladder there , instead of paddling around back in the ruck with $5 lol.....

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I think I hear someone yelling from the cheap seats out the back, it’s a long way from the front half of the field…Aussies, no surprises there.

Well we sent our Aussie girl Nat there once her horse,  the real Blackie named 'Blacks A Fake' had finished dishing it up to the kiwis through 4 Interdominion wins.

Hope she has helped things along. there too? she would be thinking this new 'Blackie' at the 'Race Place' is a bit of Fake though ..hehehe

• Haha 1

Ha! She had the sense to leave him there, never ventured over here, but I suppose going to Hobart is about the same? Imagine if he’d won that 5th Interdominion? I think his best one was the last one he won on old legs, tough win at Menangle. He did beat some great horses through his career.

Has LB got permission to use Blackie’s photo for his picture? That’s a dollar each way if ever I saw it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Ha! She had the sense to leave him there, never ventured over here,

She did have a crack at Auckland. 2nd to I'm Themightyquinn in the grand final . he was some horse alright.

26 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I think I hear someone yelling from the cheap seats out the back, it’s a long way from the front half of the field…Aussies, no surprises there.

Hey there's NO cheap seats for the Aussies Blackie . Long before Blacks A Fake was winning , there were a couple of Aussies getting some wins up in NZ.

And they even gave Bruce a Nice Seat (armchair) for cleaning up Bonnies' Chance with Gammalite , so he could sit back in comfort .....lol. 

So no cheap seats to be seen. Hope you have a comfy seat too ?? 

So you enjoy these great moments in photos here !  Paving the way for 'Blackie' to follow later on with ears pricked. very nice .......

DSC02700.JPG

• Like 1

Hey Karrots,thanks for 'The Six Pack' you ran across the long weekend.

A decade ago I was rather successful when The TAB ran this bet type on the last race at NZ Greyhound Meetings,striking more than my fair share.🤑

So no surprise that once I found the early lead,I kept going strong aka Lazarus in NZ Cup,and left rivals struggling in my wake.😜

And,seeing Lightning Blue coming home as "Tailend Charlie" was a $Great Result for the Bookies.🤪

• Haha 2