The Race Place

New entry level bet type in Oz

pete

It's aimed at pathological punters to me. Not horse punters.

As for V'Landys. Whilst stakes have gone up, NSW racing is still the same crap. And he hasn't generated growth in NSW racing interest, just growth by taking more from all the other parties (punters, operators, government). When there are no more punters and nothing left to take, they will have to find something that works.

I actually watched this being broadcast live, 

It is the biggest waste of time and money, they actually had this bet type many years ago and it failed miserably 

Now they have introduced it again putting a spin on it hoping to attract younger punters , who are they kidding 

More is actually less the more bet types that are introduced the less the pools become there is only so much money that people have to invest each week

All they achieve is spreading people’s money over more Bet types with the end result eventually leading to less payouts

What we need is less bet types and an amalgamation of all Tabs and create something like a World TAB 

I always thought that the racing industry is on dangerous ground promoting gambling to the new young generations coming through.

In racing's case, better to promote involvement in the industry through either horse ownership and/or enjoyment of the race day experience(a day at the races).

The indirect spin off being those people gambling.

Why do you have a bet at the WC Cricket or the EPL, usually because you first have a keen interest in that sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

I always thought that the racing industry is on dangerous ground promoting gambling to the new young generations coming through.

In racing's case, better to promote involvement in the industry through either horse ownership and/or enjoyment of the race day experience(a day at the races).

The indirect spin off being those people gambling.

Why do you have a bet at the WC Cricket or the EPL, usually because you first have a keen interest in that sport.

Agree whole-heatedly Hesi...and that is the difference between Oz and NZ Racing...

These days even seasoned punters would rather spend the day at the local TAB,Pub or club in relative comfort.

I had to organise a syndicate of keen mates to take 10% shares in a slow one....(we had a good time )

(in my own personal attempt to keep the industry ticking) ...(Voted Winnie)...

To no avail, still waiting for min stakes rise to encourage younger syndicates (10% too costly to maintain otherwise, with all the hidden costs)

Race meetings are only frequented by those punters, in the know (that the meeting is even on ... by way of mouth)...shit marketing by clubs to newbies.

Being ON-COURSE  and betting OFF COURSE has now become an arduous task and trying to take fixed odds bets with the new crazy option number system,

that also has the poor operator in a spin, ( trying to sort out) with the queue gaining numbers )... just shit !

and unless you have a smartphone...out front on the grass...she,s a gallop to the nearest TAB...which is conveniently located...(not that near)

We wonder why Aussie has a better product ? ... But hey Pops loved his horses and so do I.  C,MON WINNIE AND CLUBS PLEEEASE

4 minutes ago, Porky said:

Agree whole-heatedly Hesi...and that is the difference between Oz and NZ Racing...

These days even seasoned punters would rather spend the day at the local TAB,Pub or club in relative comfort.

I had to organise a syndicate of keen mates to take 10% shares in a slow one....(we had a good time )

(in my own personal attempt to keep the industry ticking) ...(Voted Winnie)...

To no avail, still waiting for min stakes rise to encourage younger syndicates (10% too costly to maintain otherwise, with all the hidden costs)

Race meetings are only frequented by those punters, in the know (that the meeting is even on ... by way of mouth)...shit marketing by clubs to newbies.

Being ON-COURSE  and betting OFF COURSE has now become an arduous task and trying to take fixed odds bets with the new crazy option number system,

that also has the poor operator in a spin, ( trying to sort out) with the queue gaining numbers )... just shit !

and unless you have a smartphone...out front on the grass...she,s a gallop to the nearest TAB...which is conveniently located...(not that near)

We wonder why Aussie has a better product ? ... But hey Pops loved his horses and so do I.  C,MON WINNIE AND CLUBS PLEEEASE

Most clubs don't have the resource to do any promotion, they are struggling, and are held together by volunteers or other income, other than that gained off racing...their core business.

One of the failings of the Messara report, was that it did not address promotion and marketing of the racing industry as a whole.  I suppose that is because he comes from a background of big clubs, that each individually have lots of resource to promote their own club

• Like 1

A few ideas, rather than bribing potential new punters to gamble

NZTR could have a travelling road show, that they set up at the bigger race meetings, with all the guff on horse syndication.

Offer oncourse patrons at a race meeting a voucher for drinks or food at the clubs next meeting.

A race day experience can be something quite unique and very enjoyable.  The thrill of the racing and wagering is there, but the quality of the experience needs to be guaranteed.  Sausage rolls and chips won't do it.  Why don't they invite onto the course a couple of dozen of the many and varied food trucks that frequent so many festivals and events

• Like 1