The Race Place

Oh Dear

brown fox

3 hours ago, pete said:

I'm surprised the media weren't all over this more.

One of the protagonists is a CNZM.

I agree Pete,

A NZ Football Legend and this is the first I've ever heard about it.

Surely more to this story.

Shocked that booze is allowed to be "the reason".

• Like 1

Yes I was sent this article link yesterday. I was actually surprised it made media. Iv noted that Herald are now the new Stuff & posting about Harness (negative) not Guerin. (Whenever I look at NZ main page online news, its sometimes has negative Harness news. Stuff (The Press) used to pay Harness out big time, now its the Herald.  

Took a quick peak at RIB report on this. The Herald missed out that that victim in this assaulted 2 females same day he assaulted K Marshall back in July 2021. They also missed out that D Marshall called out to him, something along the lines "are you bashing woman again today, you effing c..t or a..hole". Something like that. At 1st glance of article had thought gee not good the defendants, then upon reading the full RIB report become privy to all details & changed my view on them. Yes what they did was naughty & not right. Sounds like the guy they abused is a right so & so!

Edited by karrotsishere

On 6/11/2022 at 6:23 PM, karrotsishere said:

Yes I was sent this article link yesterday. I was actually surprised it made media. Iv noted that Herald are now the new Stuff & posting about Harness (negative) not Guerin. (Whenever I look at NZ main page online news, its sometimes has negative Harness news. Stuff (The Press) used to pay Harness out big time, now its the Herald.  

See here we go something else today by Herald negative on Harness. Scrolling thru online NZ news & this pops up.  Kerr sentenced to 7 months home detention.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/canterbury-trainer-on-home-detention-for-racing-industry-frauds/IKQEN73DTUG5ZXOCUFEL7DEKPI/

On 6/11/2022 at 6:23 PM, karrotsishere said:

Took a quick peak at RIB report on this. The Herald missed out that that victim in this assaulted 2 females same day he assaulted K Marshall back in July 2021. They also missed out that D Marshall called out to him, something along the lines "are you bashing woman again today, you effing c..t or a..hole". Something like that. At 1st glance of article had thought gee not good the defendants, then upon reading the full RIB report become privy to all details & changed my view on them. Yes what they did was naughty & not right. Sounds like the guy they abused is a right so & so!

https://racingintegrityboard.org.nz/decisions/non-raceday-inquiry-decision-dated-3-june-2022-ricki-l-herbert-and-david-a-marshall/

Here is link to RIB report on it. Some bits Herald missed out bolded. Looks like just 1 female not 2 as I previously had said but total of 3 victims including K Marshall re July 2021. Under summary of facts.

(e) As Mr Christiansen was returning towards this area, Mr Marshall passed the fence and approached Mr Christiansen. Mr Marshall became highly abusive towards Mr Christiansen, yelling abuse at him and threatening him. Mr Marshall said things such as “you got beat, you f…..g piece of s…” and “have you smashed any women today you woman beating c…. come here I will smash your head in”. Mr Christiansen continued walking past with his dog. Mr Marshall followed Mr Christiansen and his dog, continuing to yell abuse at him.

[8] The RIB referred to the background to this offending, which is relevant, in particular:

(a) The genesis of this event was an incident Mr Christiansen had been involved with in July 2021. On that date, Mr Christiansen had assaulted Kyle Marshall and two other persons. Following a defended hearing before an Adjudicative Committee, Mr Christiansen was found guilty of three charges of misconducting himself. This offending involved:

(i) Slapping Mr Marshall through the open window of a vehicle, then slamming the door of his vehicle hard enough that the window smashed.

(ii) Pushing the second victim against a concrete wall, causing a laceration to the back of his head.

(iii) Pushing the third complainant in her shoulder.

(b) Having found Mr Christiansen guilty of these charges, on 17 December 2021 the Adjudicative Committee disqualified Mr Christiansen for a period of three months, commencing 21 January 2022.

Edited by karrotsishere