The Race Place

Mitchell Kerr Sentence

Happy Sunrise

12 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Anyways who are you on tonight? Globe & I are watching out for Spirit & Fire Fox whom TAB NZ have as fav & 2nd fav. Go the Lous. 

Globe & I on the money with a Lou quinella. These Lous loving the short distance trip. Spirit too good at Albion taking main race over a mile with plugs in. His driver declaring hes the current best horse racing in Aussie. Firefox a brave 2nd. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rusty said:

Is this a good thing for harness racing, or a bad thing? 

Buggered if I know has me scratching my head. 

On a different note have you or Happy watched this doco? Here is the trailer to it. Very interesting. They say it happens in all sport. If you havent seen it, recommend a watch for you & Happy. Its on Netflix. The main guy a (Russian) they interviewed had to go into US witness protection. He told them about Russia doping at Olympics. As he was main man that did it for them. And he said what he used couldnt test for. Its a true story. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

It was true to some extent. 

USA film maker an amateur tour de France cyclist who made documentary wanted to improve his ranking, so he did a test & filmed it from start to finish. Injecting himself using assistance guidelines of the Russian scientist (whos now in witness protection, 2 of Russians ex Russian work collegues died randomly suddenly when story was about to break).

Going back to recent Jones case a vet detected an injection site in neck when horse was inspected at Addington racecourse.

Understand that a person checks horses necks Raceday for ID brand. Why not have a vet check horses neck/body for potential injection site prior race. Could just select a few at random as a potential deterrent.

Recently sent out by HRNZ a feedback form. A part of it is for animal welfare, which I applaud. My understanding is someone now needs to be nominated & accountable for each horse while in that ownership care & recorded digitally.

These days everything's digital. Why not make it compulsory to be recorded in digital system any horse receiving an injection.

If a horse is found with an injection site Raceday, it needs to match its digital record & it can’t be an injection site that vet considers is within 1 day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purple Parsnip said:

Soft lead after comfortably beating group and listed performer at the trials ?

Trials...

I'm reminded of one of the many stories told to me when my grandfather worked at Ces Devine's back in the day. 

After a trial... and the horse finished third to last after a very soft and easy run. 

Question: "How'd it go?" 

Answer: "Good. I'm pretty sure we had the ones covered in front of us... But I'm not so sure about those two that finished behind us." 

Times change, but somethings never change. 

10 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Globe & I on the money with a Lou quinella.

Was that sweet or what. That Fire Fox had stepped up a massive step against that class field. Headed for bigger things methinks, and predicting a miracle mile run eventually. I love these horses that grind their way to the top and just keep getting better and better. Spirit is one example of the Sweet Lou's, now we have another one.

• Like 1