The Race Place

Mitchell Kerr Sentence

Happy Sunrise

11 hours ago, Rusty said:

Only thing that I could add, is that I am happy that I have stuck with one of my newish golden rules when on the punt... 

Don't ever back a horse that is up against a Matt Purvis runner. 

Matt Purvis is a great trainer, that gets outstanding results!

Why is his name suddenly coming up everywhere? Iv always thought of him to be a standard trainer. His UDR is normal. 

This post in quotes was posted on Wednesday on another platform. Looks to be nothing sinister in it by the author. Someone suggested based on stats try Herily or Butt. Looking at results of below poster mentions last nite both Victor Bravo & Tommysonaroll won. Im thinking the opposite, might need to start backing hehe. 

"I am not a Harness person (more gallops) but keep getting told to back horses from this Trainer".

"Is he the best Trainer at turning horses around or does the beach training make the difference"

"Victor Bravo, Will he Rock are examples".

"They tell me top get on 3 first starters this week Tommysonaroll, Jazelle and Pocket Call".

"ANY CHANCE" ?

46 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Why is his name suddenly coming up everywhere?

People, including the TAB odds setters in Petone, are now fully awake to just how good this young Woodend Beach trainer is.

It really is quite something. 

It is exceptional. 

The ability to turn a horse around, from a previous trainer is just something else, and now, in my humble opinion, Matt Purvis has to be one of the greatest horseman in the world, to ever throw a bridle on to a standardbred. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

"They tell me top get on 3 first starters this week Tommysonaroll, Jazelle and Pocket Call".

"ANY CHANCE" ?

Looking at these 3 runners this poster had pointed out.

Tommysonaroll started last nite - won

Tomorrow Jazelle starts fav tomorrow - in fairness looks a win chance with C Wigg services & good draw plus has won 7 times in past. (not paying enough so will give a miss).

Pocket Call has gone in from $7.50 - $6.50. Starts off front which is an advantage. But not digging the form 90090. So will Ill pass on that one too. 

Might pop them both in for Harness selections comp tho to see how they go. 

11 hours ago, Rusty said:

It really is quite something. 

It is exceptional. 

Great to see them do so well.

Also the Hope family also at Woodend Beach I believe . with Muscle Mountain beating Sundee's Son also trained at Woodend Beach in a couple of Group 1's. A great place to train. Maybe they have drag races up the beach to make them so good.? maybe they actually do Talk to each other ? that helps with picking up great workout, shoeing, nutrition tips as well . Bob Butt having great season too. Is he in that neck of the woodends? (I mean woods lol)   Great that Matt Purvis for picking up great tips from the nations leaders and getting great results.....

No good complaining about people doing well in harness racing NZ . weed out the cheats and press on .........................................................

On 6/24/2022 at 5:23 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

But, for some,  there is no corruption in harness. Alford was innocent.

Doubt anyone thought he was innocent mate. He even confessed lol. 

27 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Before he admitted it.🙄

There are still some who choose to believe everything is just dandy to this very moment.

Yes , I'm one of 'those' . Everything Is dandy until you uncover the rotten bits , just like enjoying a bit of fruit. Occasionally a bit of rot will come into play.

But overall the enjoyment factor (for current non-participants like you and I ) is there for everyone , along with those making a living from the sport.

Every sport has drugs issues as you know, esp thoroughbred and standardbred as horses need treatments to feel good and go good. Otherwise you are not competitive.

Professional Cyclists take it to a whole new level (drug therapy)  in human sport , but they still go round and the world enjoys............

So yes , it's all dandy , and may the RUI or whoever enforces keep catching the Alfords, McGraths, Kerrs and unfair players out ,........to keep it that way.  

On 6/25/2022 at 11:36 AM, karrotsishere said:

Tomorrow Jazelle starts fav tomorrow - in fairness looks a win chance with C Wigg services & good draw plus has won 7 times in past. (not paying enough so will give a miss).

Pocket Call has gone in from $7.50 - $6.50. Starts off front which is an advantage. But not digging the form 90090. So will Ill pass on that one too. 

Might pop them both in for Harness selections comp tho to see how they go. 

Just checked results & watched Pocket Call race "also ran". 3rd Jazelle & I actually was going to pick Happy Place for Harness selections comp, but went for Jazelle instead.

Im not seeing any weirdness here. Im looking but not seeing. Wonder why Pocket Call got backed into $4.50. Didnt understand why on that form.

Edited by karrotsishere

On 6/24/2022 at 8:01 PM, Rusty said:

Don't ever back a horse that is up against a Matt Purvis runner. 

Matt Purvis is a great trainer, that gets outstanding results!

On 6/25/2022 at 9:36 AM, karrotsishere said:

Pocket Call has gone in from $7.50 - $6.50.

Well Karrots , It looks like Rusty was right but you went for the wrong 2 horses.!!!!!!!!!!!  (Jazelle a handy 3rd to a good one though) 

Mr Purvis has Won today with THE HORNET and just now VIOLET KNIGHT storming home from last in the run with an Very  impressive performance Race 8.

Rusty tried to tell us , but silily I'm on 'Take a Hike' (3rd) 😪 , lesson learned .....

24 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Well Karrots , It looks like Rusty was right but you went for the wrong 2 horses.!!!!!!!!!!!  (Jazelle a handy 3rd to a good one though) 

Mr Purvis has Won today with THE HORNET and just now VIOLET KNIGHT storming home from last in the run with an Very  impressive performance Race 8.

Rusty tried to tell us , but silily I'm on 'Take a Hike' (3rd) 😪 , lesson learned .....

Oh ok. I was only looking out for the 3 tipped. Out & about so on ph replying. Will take a proper look later. 1 thing did notice few days ago, was a number of horses transfered into M Purvis care. 5 or 6 under stable changes. 

4 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Ok, so he did well today. A trainer worth following moving forward. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 11:53 AM, karrotsishere said:

Just reading now sentencing to take place tomorrow. Who knows if this is true or not. Anyway if true will likely be out next week on RIB website or maybe in news (Press/Stuff or Herald) eeck. If not true, then nothing will appear. 

And right on cue. Eeck here is The Stuffs article about it.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/129123819/trainer-who-injected-horse-on-race-day-banned-for-21-months

20 hours ago, Hesi said:

You had your spelling wrong Karrot, Flexidine, totally different to Flexadin.

Either way, administering anything on raceday is a big no no

If you take a look at the past highlights and questions thread. (Which by the way only Lightening posted a highlight).  Anyway I corrected thay earlier today & said that journo C Barclay mixed the 2 up & he got it wrong. That is where the mix up came from C Barclays published article. 

Edited by karrotsishere

On 6/26/2022 at 8:12 PM, karrotsishere said:

Ok, so he did well today. A trainer worth following moving forward. 

Thought would take a peak at M Purvis runners tomorrow. 5 runners in = 2 favourites, a 2nd fav, 2x 4th fav.  Based on form line & draws quite frankly don’t get it. Why the TAB are making them favs or why money is coming for these runners by punters. Anyway lets see how they get on tomorrow.

R1 The Elite Athlete Draw 11 Form 7X06 - 4th fav in from $18 now $8.50

R2 Move it On Over Draw 11 Form 4993 - 4th fav in from $14 now $10.00

R5 Midnitetraintogeorga Draw 4 Form P050 - Hot fav $1.80

R7 Wheres Daddy Draw 10  Form 389X - 2nd fav $5.00

R10 Moody River Draw 2 Form 3906 - Fav was $3.80 out to $4

Edited by karrotsishere

39 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Based on form line & draws quite frankly don’t get it. Why the TAB are making them favs or why money is coming for these runners by punters.

Matt Purvis is winning races. Thats the easy answer to your question. won 2 last Sunday. won 1 and a 4th from his 2 runners last night. winner paid $5. good for punters?

Some Trainers (like Grimson, McMullen, Gath and Stewart in Aus ) and (Allstars and now Purvis in Nz) always give you a run for your money.

why not back them?. If I was TAB , i'd put them all up short in the market too, as seem always a chance of winning ? 

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

(Allstars and now Purvis in Nz) always give you a run for your money.

You maybe right. I dont put Purvis & his racing stock in same category as All Stars in NZ tho & his UDR is standard or just above standard since hes trained not remarkable. 

Anyways who are you on tonight? Globe & I are watching out for Spirit & Fire Fox whom TAB NZ have as fav & 2nd fav. Go the Lous. 

Edited by karrotsishere

6 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

You maybe right. I dont put Purvis & his racing stock in same category as All Stars in NZ tho. And his UDR is standard or just above standard, not remarkable. 

Anyways who are you on tonight? Globe & I are watching out for Spirit & Fire Fox whom TAB NZ have as fav & 2nd fav. Go the Lous. 

hahaha I was gunna go for the 2 Aussies Majestic Cruiser and Blacksadance for the quinella !! against the 8 kiwis !! lol..

But am changing to Spirit of StLouis for you to enjoy ! and AG White socks quinella for the McCarthys, with his kiwi owners and Luke is just SO GOOD at his craft just deserves his great results !!!!!!

Good news is , that it's stopped raining and they'll be on good track. 1.50 mile maybe ??????

Edited by Lightning Blue
  • Like 1