The Race Place

Mitchell Kerr Sentence

Happy Sunrise

24 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Hi Happy,

Im still online. Trying to do a big Harness catchup. Posted about this today BUT on Gallops thread. Beware of the Herald is my take lol. Iv missed chatting with you peeps. 

Oh my hearing some other stuff. Gee whiz. Not good. Surprised you & Rusty were not all over it. Maybe you were ... Havent checked out older threads here ...

Anyway whats the latest. Backed any winners?

Ill be back in NZ awaiting a visa. So back for only 2 weeks - 3 months. Be posting again til then.

Ill be back.

ill be back arnold schwarzenegger GIF

31 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Oh my hearing some other stuff. Gee whiz. Not good. Surprised you & Rusty were not all over it. Maybe you were ... Havent checked out older threads 

Hey Karrots, good to have you check back in. Look forward to seeing your posts again. 

Happy and I are all over it, like fat kids in a bakery!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rusty said:

He sent photos of some fictitious horse to the owner. Now he is working as an apprentice photographer.

Couldn't make this sh!t up. 

Lucky not to have been sent to the big house. 

Hi Rusty,

There you are. Im going to focus on positive Harness stuff. Just catching up now. Wow what a suddenly great UDR rate C Ferguson has. .5234. Nice. Gee nice improvement in the horse sold on Gavel house called Sweet Revenge.

Anyway GREAT news to hear Wigg has her license. Was always a supporter of her. Figured the punishment was too much. 

Edited by karrotsishere

3 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Hey Karrots, good to have you check back in. Look forward to seeing your posts again. 

Happy and I are all over it, like fat kids in a bakery!

Just back til get my visa. Neems the breaks. Sucks having life ruled on if/when get a visa. Missed you guys tho. Dont have much to report tho so just catching up & need to catchup!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Just back til get my visa. Neems the breaks. Sucks having life ruled on if/when get a visa. Missed you guys tho. Dont have much to report tho so just catching up & need to catchup!!

Back in NZ winter to chill out lol. Hope the Sweet Lou is keeping warm. 

Main highlight in your absence was a big North Island win in the Rowe Cup recently, with Bolt for Brilliance and AGH smacking the champ Sundees Son by a few lengths which was a surprise.

An Aussie raider won the Messenger which was reminiscent of Lightning Blue at one stage lol..

. Mitchell Kerr more of a low-light on the harness scene , but now he's out of the picture  things can improve again, and hopefully those affected badly (financially) by his actions can get back to enjoying the great sport once again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Main highlight in your absence was a big North Island win in the Rowe Cup recently, with Bolt for Brilliance and AGH smacking the champ Sundees Son by a few lengths which was a surprise.

An Aussie raider won the Messenger which was reminiscent of Lightning Blue at one stage lol..

Thanks for update. Will check it out when get some time. Wow B4B by a few lenghts.

Did you just watch the NZ - Costa Rica soccer game? NZ so unlucky not to score & win. They had majority of possession & were on the attack. A goal disallowed. And only lost 1-0 after Costa Rica scored a goal in the opening few mins. Saw Aussie qualified by a Wiggles saving goal keeper. Excellent.

So have all the Inca charges been dropped now? Thats good news for those involved. Wonder what will happen now if so. If thats it or if RIB do something ... 

Edited by karrotsishere

9 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Did you just watch the NZ - Costa Rica soccer game? NZ so unlucky not to score & win. They had majority of possession & were on the attack.

Was hoping to catch that one , but they didn't broadcast it here in the end from Qatar. OptusSport had Hungary v England on instead. Was a real thrill the Wiggle goalie being the Aussie hero and sending Aus Socceroos to the World Cup again in Nov (5th time in a row) . Bad Luck for the kiwis to just miss out.

Great horse Trainer Chris Waller is a kiwi though and his jockey James MacDonald too, doing NZ proud , and have smashed them in a Group 1 at Royal Ascot in England today. The biggest race meeting in the world . NATURE STRIP streeted them by 5 lengths to be the 7th Royal Ascot winner in history for Aus. (5 of them won this race 'The Kings Stand ' first run 1860) 

Huge Day in the top hat and tails ! . what a party they will have.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 7:54 PM, karrotsishere said:

Hi Rusty,

There you are. Im going to focus on positive Harness stuff. Just catching up now. Wow what a suddenly great UDR rate C Ferguson has. .5234. Nice. 

Good observation Karrots.

Simply the greatest ever horseman/person to put a bridle onto a horse, C Ferguson. What a fantastic strike rate indeed. 

Like you say, really positive stuff. 

I stand to be corrected, but I think he looked after Bensons Mate at Winton last year (when he won by 7 lengths), on behalf of Cam Jones.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rusty said:

Good observation Karrots.

Simply the greatest ever horseman/person to put a bridle onto a horse, C Ferguson. What a fantastic strike rate indeed. 

Like you say, really positive stuff. 

I stand to be corrected, but I think he looked after Bensons Mate at Winton last year (when he won by 7 lengths), on behalf of Cam Jones.

Was wondering the exact same thing. 

Jumped into steer topic back to original. Sorry Happy hijacking your topic. Heres a recap on Kerr saga at the beginning. Remember this. The sniffer arounds for info we are lol. 

Myself, Happy, JJ Flash. Broke the news publically on Kerr saga.

Here is how it unfolded. Remember it clearly.

Rewind back to end 2020 - must of been Oct or Nov or Dec, as had recently joined up on a chat site. Must of been in weekend as was taking a walk by beach in sun while scrolling on ph on HRNZ site checking latest updates. Go to Stable Changes section. Instantly notice 8 ish horses transferred out of M Kerrs stable. As a newbie was a bit apprenhensive to post. But thought might as well say something. So posted on an active thread re Horse transfers. Happy is 1st to respond "saying whats this about"?  JJ then comes on posting says "ll find out". JJ contacts a friend who was an owner at M Kerr stable. His mate sends him a letter that owners had out of the blue all just received. JJ posts letter. 

Within a few of days The Press/Stuff publish story with more info. The story saga starts to unravel from there. Fast forward to now.

End result, life Harness ban & Home Detention. 

10 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

What has happened there?

No idea.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:23 PM, Lightning Blue said:

Back in NZ winter to chill out lol. Hope the Sweet Lou is keeping warm. 

Yeah, to clarify. For USA can go in for 90 days on a visa waiver. But to get visa to stay longer (unless just changing out a visa, or extended an already given visa) have to do it outside of USA at a US consulate. So options either Canada or NZ. Much cheaper to wait back in NZ, oppose Canada esp when timeframe is up in the air. 

Sweety Lewey will race as a 3yo. Not many 2yos it seems racing. 

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

Oh and how could you not mention the reparation at $25 per week?! 

I feel so sorry for the victims. 

What are you thoughts on police monitoring people on bail or home detention on a daily basis? Agree, or does it depend on the crime? Or is it a waste of police resources? Should they spend more time for example on gangs etc? Esp with rapid crime rising in certain spots, specially Auckland.

Heres an example a person commits a crime selling pot. Is out on bail or Home D. Approx 48% of eligable Kiwis who can vote voted in favour to legalize it recreational (medical is alredy legal). Not to decrimalize it, but legalize recreation use. Now it is still currently a crime. So should police be checking in daily on someone like this for example?

Edited by karrotsishere

Ill re-ask the question @Rusty to drive convo back to topic so re Kerr, will he be getting regularly monitored by police? If so how often ish? In your opinion do you think this is a waste of police resources or no? 

Personally think, daily monitoring are a waste of police resources like a situation I mentioned in post above. Not sure of all the ins & outs. And how it all works. 

Be interesting what terms, conditions have been set for Kerr.

Sorry Karrots, I can't answer the questions you have posed. I don't know the correct answers, for the first two questions, and with the third, I don't really wish to share my opinion on that, and not knowing the full details, I couldn't offer a fully informed opinion anyway, so it's pointless. 

On 6/15/2022 at 8:45 AM, karrotsishere said:

So have all the Inca charges been dropped now? Thats good news for those involved. Wonder what will happen now if so. If thats it or if RIB do something ... 

Palmerston North race still before the courts.

RIB still seeking access to the police information.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 8:16 AM, Happy Sunrise said:

What has happened there?

On 6/16/2022 at 6:02 PM, karrotsishere said:

No idea.

Just reading now sentencing to take place tomorrow. Who knows if this is true or not. Anyway if true will likely be out next week on RIB website or maybe in news (Press/Stuff or Herald) eeck. If not true, then nothing will appear. 

On 6/23/2022 at 11:53 AM, karrotsishere said:

Just reading now sentencing to take place tomorrow. Who knows if this is true or not. Anyway if true will likely be out next week on RIB website or maybe in news (Press/Stuff or Herald) eeck. If not true, then nothing will appear. 

Not sure where to put this, but theres an article out on C Jones seems to be in NZ main news. @Happy Sunrise take a look at Harness Gossip Girl website & a screen shot of it by journo C Barclay who writes for The Star. Says he injected & pleaded guilty. Horse was found to have been injected 2.5 hours prior race. Whilst he denied it at 1st, eventually admitted it. Stating at hearing on Tues that it was Flexidin. He is asking for a ban of 1 year. While RIB are pushing for minimum 2 years. Awaits their decision. 

Edited by karrotsishere

13 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Not sure where to put this, but theres an article out on C Jones seems to be in NZ main news. @Happy Sunrise take a look at Harness Gossip Girl website & a screen shot of it by journo C Barclay who writes for The Star. Says he injected & pleaded guilty. Horse was found to have been injected with syringe 2.5 hours prior race. Whilst he denied it at 1st, eventually admitted it. Stating at hearing on Tues that it was Flexadin. He is asking for a ban of 1 year. While RIB are pushing for minimum 2 years. Awaits their decision. 

A great read.

Anybody with half a brain knew what was going on.Tetrick. Tetrick. Tetrick.

Some connected to this will have credibility issues now.

Oh, and on front page is more about the sexual abuse case. They just can't help themselves.

• Like 2

Cam Jones is just another individual in this great game of ours, that makes me bloody sick. 

And as for asking for a 12 month penalty, the bloody cheek of it!

The Flexadin tin... that may have been the label on the tin. But what was actually in the thing? 

Gee, it's times like this I can't help but wonder what kind of penalty the HKJC would have handed out. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rusty said:

Cam Jones is just another individual in this great game of ours, that makes me bloody sick. 

And as for asking for a 12 month penalty, the bloody cheek of it!

The Flexadin tin... that may have been the label on the tin. But what was actually in the thing? 

Gee, it's times like this I can't help but wonder what kind of penalty the HKJC would have handed out. 

Lets be honest, form in harness means nothing with the low lifes who have been caught. Get with the right trainer and you will go out a $3.50 shot with a form line of 000090.

Now, we have the cheek of Jones asking for leniency. He must think the people delivering the verdict are idiots. You admitted you lied FFS.

But, for some,  there is no corruption in harness. Alford was innocent. Kerr was innocent. Jones is innocent, INCA is a witch hunt, all those associated are innocent. It is all the RIB's fault. How dare anyone call into question the integrity of harness racing. For those out there who are concerned with who informs The Star of details I suggest you be more concerned who is bringing harness racing into disrepute.

And, Mr Woodham and HRNZ, you are simple enough to dump tracks like tracks like Orari in isolation before you have decided the fate of Rangiora, Timaru and Oamaru which could lead harness into a world of pain, eg Addington racing 3 times a week with fields of 9 runners and no grass track racing so what will your brains trust do with the code of conduct you so loved upon its inception with these individuals who have been accused of assault? I have yet to hear of anyone breach it. Surely, these 2 individuals who have allegedly assaulted a female  deserve to be subject to it if guilty? Does it even exist or was it just a vanity project to say you were doing something?

You have to be in a whole world of denial if you think harness is without a select group of corrupt individuals who are ruining it for the other 98%.

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Lets be honest, form in harness means nothing with the low lifes who have been caught. Get with the right trainer and you will go out a $3.50 shot with a form line of 000090.

Now, we have the cheek of Jones asking for leniency. He must think the people delivering the verdict are idiots. You admitted you lied FFS.

But, for some,  there is no corruption in harness. Alford was innocent. Kerr was innocent. Jones is innocent, INCA is a witch hunt, all those associated are innocent. It is all the RIB's fault. How dare anyone call into question the integrity of harness racing. For those out there who are concerned with who informs The Star of details I suggest you be more concerned who is bringing harness racing into disrepute.

And, Mr Woodham and HRNZ, you are simple enough to dump tracks like tracks like Orari in isolation before you have decided the fate of Rangiora, Timaru and Oamaru which could lead harness into a world of pain, eg Addington racing 3 times a week with fields of 9 runners and no grass track racing so what will your brains trust do with the code of conduct you so loved upon its inception with these individuals who have been accused of assault? I have yet to hear of anyone breach it. Surely, these 2 individuals who have allegedly assaulted a female  deserve to be subject to it if guilty? Does it even exist or was it just a vanity project to say you were doing something?

You have to be in a whole world of denial if you think harness is without a select group of corrupt individuals who are ruining it for the other 98%.

Great post Happy. 

I couldn't have put it any better myself. 

Only thing that I could add, is that I am happy that I have stuck with one of my newish golden rules when on the punt... 

Don't ever back a horse that is up against a Matt Purvis runner. 

Matt Purvis is a great trainer, that gets outstanding results!