The Race Place

Diddums

mardigras

I see the likes of ATA and Thomass going on about the punting perspectives section being private. How sad. What you get with those two is to cherry pick out selections that didn't win without looking at the overall picture. A lot like the typical punter does. Who is looking for the next win without thinking about the overall situation of bets and results, much like those two mentioned.

Edited by mardigras

46 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I see the likes of ATA and Thomass going on about the punting perspectives section being private. How sad. What you get with those two is to cherry pick out selections that didn't win without looking at the overall picture. A lot like the typical punter does. Who is looking for the next win without thinking about the overall situation of bets and results, much like those two mentioned.

Punting Perspectives is not private, all you have to do is register.

ATA is welcome, bit of a prickly character, but appears to have a lot of background knowledge on the thoroughbred

Thommo, yeah, nah, he comes up with some good stuff, that he has found somewhere on twitter or Facebook, that he presents as his own work, but his manner is rude and disrespectful( no one would have anything to do with you in real life if you behaved with such lack of decorum), and the ongoing sexual innuendo is offensive to many.  Call it free speech if you want, but not on this site

3 minutes ago, Hesi said:

ATA is welcome, bit of a prickly character, but appears to have a lot of background knowledge on the thoroughbred

Thommo, yeah, nah

For sure he can register (he may well have already). Won't change his MO.

6 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Thommo, yeah, nah

He won't register. Would rather lob snide remarks from outside the tent.

5 minutes ago, mardigras said:

For sure he can register (he may well have already). Won't change his MO.

When we started this site Mardi, a number of people were totally opposed to it, a number of those have reconsidered and joined and now enjoy the site, which while still small, has a great atmosphere and to a lesser extent camaraderie, with discussion on racing, punter's club, punting and comps

So he is welcome to discuss his MO on here

Great idea having it hidden from public. Stops personal slander at myself and others. They can't stand the fact they can't see what we post. The other thing is it is a great marketing ploy. Anyone wanting to see the Punting Perspectives section has to register thereby increasing membership figures. Perhaps something could be put on the site description letting the public know the section exists. I'm sure people would be interested and they only have to register. 

• Like 2

The first race today is a classic example of cherry picking results. The winner was the favourite, but some won't understand the process of winning overall versus winning on a single race.

Here are my prices for the race. And on betfair the winner started at $3.38, but is not a runner I could back given the level of value available. By being disciplined and not backing the best chance just because it is the best chance, is a long term thing. And picking out selections that lose doesn't mean that finding the winner was difficult. It just means they are lacking an understanding of what punting is about - if the aim is to win overall. Short term gratification versus long term winning. Some will never understand that.

MataR1.jpg.90890c9ca3a815cf2de826e0356e72ad.jpg

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 2