The Race Place

Rugby World Cup opinions here ...

Maximus

Congrats to the Springboks.

ABs didnt deserve to win. Discipline issues (again), bad day under the high ball,  had the dropsies and didn't kick the goals that mattered (conversion of sole try and J Barrett miss at about 74 mins).

Coulda woulda bla bla bla.

Epic match sadly ruined by inconsistency of officials. Rugby has to change its approach to TMO rulings or the game will lose its fan base.

MM

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Turny said:

I am a leaguey from waay waaay back

can some rugby guru explain why when you are 1 point down with 10 minutes to go you kick away possession, I simply do not understand the kicking “tactic” in rugby … 

Another thing I notice when I watch with my rugby mates when the ref blows the whistle on most occasions my mates have little or no idea what it is about 

hard game to watch.. and as for the TMOs best I pass, but to be fair the League bunker is also a bit of a toss up particularly for the defending team

As soon as you put in protocols and systems, then the match officials are obliged to follow them.

As you say the bunker in league is much the same with respect to mistakes and foul play

South Africa The worlds best

At the top of the tree the Springboks sit alone  4 World Cup victories 

1995 Champs

2007 Champs

2023 Champs

We the best better than all the rest, in all of these 3 victories we never scored 1 try, yip not 1 faaaarkin try, 3 point penalties it’s a winner 

• Like 1