The Race Place

TAB

Rang the TAB this morning, about a 10 min wait as quite a few having log on problems.

The lady I talked to checked with her supervisor or whatever you call it, No Deductions policy continues but the Punter's Promise is discontinued

• Thanks 1

Well did a multi,and made sure I clicked EW. It then comes up with any 2...doesn't show what potential return could be,it used too. But after looking at completed ticket I'm not convinced that it's an EW multi. Hmm the struggle is real lol.

4 hours ago, Mardy said:

Well did a multi,and made sure I clicked EW. It then comes up with any 2...doesn't show what potential return could be,it used too. But after looking at completed ticket I'm not convinced that it's an EW multi. Hmm the struggle is real lol.

On further inspection my multi is win only,Even tho I clicked EW. I'm normally pretty good at navigating around new sites,but fuck me this has me stumped.

10 hours ago, Hesi said:

Rang the TAB this morning, about a 10 min wait as quite a few having log on problems.

The lady I talked to checked with her supervisor or whatever you call it, No Deductions policy continues but the Punter's Promise is discontinued

So WTF, they don't have to honour the $2k win.

So basically if you start winning then you are fucked esp with Geoblocking & you might as well invest in lotto.,

4 hours ago, Mardy said:

On further inspection my multi is win only,Even tho I clicked EW. I'm normally pretty good at navigating around new sites,but fuck me this has me stumped.

I dont think looking at it you can do e/w multis mate, many of the Aus bookies don't allow it.

5 minutes ago, BarryB said:

I dont think looking at it you can do e/w multis mate, many of the Aus bookies don't allow it.

Yea mate,i'm begining to think that.Am guessing if they are following the Aussies then i'd say they are gone. Will give up and stop stressing about it LOL.

25 minutes ago, BarryB said:

So WTF, they don't have to honour the $2k win.

So basically if you start winning then you are fucked esp with Geoblocking & you might as well invest in lotto.,

Disappointing considering that

The Racing Minister has also ensured the deal looks after New Zealand racing punters with the TAB's ground-breaking Punters Promise, which guarantees punters to be able to back any horse to win at least $2000, likely to be retained.22 May 2023

12.3. TAB may refuse to accept any bet placed via the internet and will not be required to give
reasons for its refusal. TAB will use its best endeavours to communicate to you that the bet
has not been accepted by TAB.
12.4. Subject to these General Terms, you are deemed to accept a bet issued to you as recorded
by TAB against your Account.
12.5. TAB may refuse to accept any bet placed by you without giving any reason. The TAB will use
its best endeavours to communicate to you that it has not accepted the bet. The TAB will not
be liable to you for any loss you may suffer as a consequence of refusing to accept a bet made
by you.

Dead Heats & scr deductions apply according to the rules.

Protest Payout is still there though.

Dead Heats
In the event of a dead heat the Dividend Pool shall be divided into as many equal parts as there are
Race Entrants involved in the dead heat provided there is at least one actual bet on any such Race
Entrant. Each part is then distributed equally amongst those units of betting that have selected the Race
Entrant involved in the dead heat.

3 hours ago, BarryB said:

Ok so on twitter they confirm No Deductions still isin force.

Yes, that is what they confirmed to me over the phone, but if what is happening with the Punters Promise and other claw backs, then it is only a matter of time before it also goes.  

How Ladbrokes operate in Aus, will be the best guide as to what they will and will not offer in NZ, including how they handle winning punters.

One big criticism that there has been of the NZ TAB, was the poor overall market value offered, so one would hope to see improvements there.  I don't know what sort of value Ladbrokes offer in Aus, by comparison. 

There is a lot of talk on various forums, but for me I don't really have much of an issue with it.

Vast improvement on the old one & there is just no pleasing many people, they are just totally adverse to change.

Great to see the guaranteed fixed odds stays as odes the punters promise, although both are unable to be found on the website.

• Like 1

The Punters Promise and No Deductions were 2 of the most innovative things the TAB did.  I think it was Mike Tod who organised all that along with many of the other promotions, he was also the one that got off his 'tod' lol back in Oct 22 and got the ball moving on outsourcing the TAB's wagering business.

I am surprised though, that Entain do not have the Punters Promise and No deductions prominently featured on the new format.

Many of those complaining forget, the NZ TAB (Racing Board) had their chance, and had Entain not come on the scene, the payout to the codes this season would have been about $120 mil, whereas with Entain it is 170 mil and guaranteed for another 4 years going up to 200 mil.

As far as I am concerned and I have said this before, he who pays the piper plays the tune, so Entain can do what they like.  They are a multi billion dollar wagering concern, so I presume they have a few clues lol.

These moaners and DIY experts saying among other things that the punters were not consulted blah blah blah, have their hand on it

• Like 2

Well after emailing the TAB about the EW multis,they said that it's no longer an option,along with some other bet types that are gone. And to thank me for my patience they will give me some bonus cash. No doubt that will be another 3 day wait before I get that lol.

8 minutes ago, BarryB said:

WTF, Jockeys Challenge isnt an option on my PC or Tablet but is on my phone.

Incredible.

& now its just popped up on my PC, so long delay between mobile App & PC & changes.