The Race Place

BGP @ the championships

mardigras

Firstly, well done on these guys getting a profit for the day.

But oh my god, the process is a bit like watching a problem gambler unfold. They scored a $105k profit on the last race by spending what they had left, to make them around $50k for the day (or something along those lines).

Anyone ever hear the story about NOT increasing your bets when you lose - I'm starting to see why the TAB lets them on. Still, all good fun I guess especially when you aren't playing with much of your own money.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 7:09 PM, mardigras said:

Firstly, well done on these guys getting a profit for the day.

But oh my god, the process is a bit like watching a problem gambler unfold. They scored a $105k profit on the last race by spending what they had left, to make them around $50k for the day (or something along those lines).

Anyone ever hear the story about NOT increasing your bets when you lose - I'm starting to see why the TAB lets them on. Still, all good fun I guess especially when you aren't playing with much of your own money.

Well said, unfortunately I’ve fallen into that category too many times it’s a recipe for disaster, and very unenjoyable 

What gets me is how certain groups/ people are allowed to bet in the manner they wish, I’m just presuming it would be bad publicity if people like Ron Dufficy Paul Joyce, BGP, etc had their accounts suspended 
When the final field is released along with the prices before you even rate it you just need look at it and you can spot value, this is where you need the Corporate bookies, because once the market is set on BF the value is long gone, watching BGP in action especially at the Karaka meeting I’m thinking this isn’t the real world 

You need to get on at the top price, unfortunately there are so many barriers and hurdles placed in front of you it’s almost impossible 

Anywho well done to BGP we need more of them they promote the sport well

• Like 1

Been pretty much one of their worst days ever i'd say.Think they are trying to do a rescus mission with a few bets after Randwick has finished but no joy.If they have anything left it won't be much,just waiting for their next update on their app.

Just reading on the other channel, that they had(not substantiated), 26,000/34,000 on Probabeel, despite Bosson's cautions about her being able to perform on a heavy track.

I note also that about 50K got put on Funstar very late in the piece.

If you read the same article where Bosson is talking about Probabeel, the better bet was apparently Addeybb who would excel if the going got heavy and be against Danon Premium and Verry Elleegant

BGP are doing a great job keeping the interest going.Ted and The Goat seem good with the NZ form(stable info etc)but Aus is a totally different beast! I think  this showed on both days at Randwick. Maybe some guest tipsters Ian, John and Hesi could be the answer!😁

Can someone  confirm if the boys were pounding  or pounded :classic_ninja:

• Like 1