The Race Place

Punters Club New

Hesi

Okay, let's try and have another go

My thoughts on the last club

1.  Members had a restricted choice, having to select on a week when they may not have had horses they liked running

2.  Because the club got off to a poor start, latter selectors were in catch up mode and bet accordingly

So here is the format I am proposing

1.  Once it is decided to run a new club, and you have indicated you are in, then you are in, because of the format below

2.  This means you are committed to betting.  Obviously there is no way that you can be held to this, but it would be nice to see people do the right thing

3.  Once you are in, you are then expected to bet $500, over 20 weeks, the duration of the club.  So sometimes you bet, some weeks you pass.  This is effectively $25/week on average

4.  You use your own money and account to place bets.  The bets are posted in advance with a balance of what you have left, you post the results, and pay any return to the central bank account

eg Winx $100 win, $400 left

5.  Bet anywhere, FO or Tote, racing or sports, any bet type.  I'd like to make it win/place, but this may preclude people who like other bet types

6.  Club ends the weekend after the Melbourne Cup, so features all Aus Spring racing and NZ Winter and Spring racing.  Therefore it starts 20 weeks before that, late June I think

7.  If there is a huge collect(s), then there will be early payouts.  Part of the reason, why once you commit, you are obliged

Expressions of interest, suggestions or comments at this stage only

Q; whatever the amount/term would it not be better for all the $$ to be in the pot at Week 1? whether $250/300-500 doesnt really matter, but it would imo ensure that those who are in actually are in for the duration!

Edited by Maximus

Does it really matter.  If each member has made a commitment to spend $500 of their own money over X weeks.

I'm in by the way, with whatever format that is agreed upon, so that is potentially 5.

Ideally need 10

I think the important thing in the format, is that you can bet when you like a horse, not when it is your turn.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think past performances in various comps

have scared most of them off Hesi.Not sure where this leaves us.As someone who puts hundreds on each weekend sport and racing I find that having a punters club means that often I will just have a go on something I really like and content myself with just watching the club bets.

• Like 1

I am in ..... and i like the above idea ..... often one sees ones particular favourite horse or dog or sports team performing on not your week and this could give people more chance of making money if the pressure is taken off somewhat to bet all $300 - $500 all in one go.

Let me know please when it starts and how long it goes for..... finishing week .... and what is total amount to bet.

Thanks ......... I AM BAAAAAAAAAAACK !!!!!

• Like 2

Thanks Richie, that is 7.

Just 3 more and we have a goer

Remember all you are doing, is committing to spending $500 at some stage over 15 weeks.  I wouldn't spend it all early, as it may not be as much fun then.

I would like the club to encompass the Spring Racing in Aus and NZ, finishing with the last weekend after Melbourne Cup, so Nov 6.

So it would start 15 weeks prior to that, plenty of time to think about it still

23 hours ago, Sir Gallivant said:

I am in ..... and i like the above idea ..... often one sees ones particular favourite horse or dog or sports team performing on not your week and this could give people more chance of making money if the pressure is taken off somewhat to bet all $300 - $500 all in one go.

Let me know please when it starts and how long it goes for..... finishing week .... and what is total amount to bet.

Thanks ......... I AM BAAAAAAAAAAACK !!!!!

great to have you baaaaaaaaaaaaack Sir G

• 3 weeks later...

Therefore it starts 20 weeks before that, late June I think

Well, look at the old clock ..it's goin' tick tock tick tock ... and late June/even early July is loomin' large. Time to get some specifics here. methinks ..like a start date!

MM