The Race Place

Netflix

Hesi

Anyone recommend something worth watching

I stumbled on a series called Money Heist last night, and could not stop watching it...... a long long way to go still

A Spanish production, that flopped in Spain, got bought out by Netflix, and has been one of their most watched series

Really unusual, great plot, and good unknown Spanish actors.  The usual Hollywood ones wear a bit thin after a while

If you can look past the subtitle thing, a great watch

Watched both of those - Money Heist has been around for a while and latest series just available in NZ.

I tend to watch more shows with subtitles that without - although my Spanish isn't too bad for not needing the subtitles for Money Heist. I haven't watched any of the latest series of that yet.

Quite liked Trapped and having been to Iceland, could relate to some of the locations.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Watched both of those - Money Heist has been around for a while and latest series just available in NZ.

I tend to watch more shows with subtitles that without - although my Spanish isn't too bad for not needing the subtitles for Money Heist. I haven't watched any of the latest series of that yet.

Quite liked Trapped and having been to Iceland, could relate to some of the locations.

Makes a great change from some of the same old same old that comes out of Hollywood.  You can only watch Meryl Streep and Tom Cruise so many times, before you want to throw something at the screen

On 9/6/2021 at 10:54 AM, craigos1 said:

I'm watching an Icelandic series called Trapped at the moment.

Only half way through 2nd episode but seems ok.

I finished watching all 10 episodes of the first series last night, and will start on the second series tonight.

Plenty of twists and turns in the plot and has me interested enough to watch the second series. I don’t think I would like to live in that climate with all the ice and snow.

On 9/6/2021 at 11:01 AM, mardigras said:

Finished binge watching Money Heist, still the final 5 episodes to come in Dec, up till 4 am one morning. 

What next, Click Bait??

56 minutes ago, Gordy said:

I finished watching all 10 episodes of the first series last night, and will start on the second series tonight.

Plenty of twists and turns in the plot and has me interested enough to watch the second series. I don’t think I would like to live in that climate with all the ice and snow.

Yeah I've got no work today so watching a couple more episodes.

I agree don't think I'd like to live there ................... have a mate whose wife was teaching at their University.

He told me Reykjavik is just like any other tourist popular place but once you get away from the Capital the rest is amazing.

Edited by craigos1

2 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Yeah I've got no work today so watching a couple more episodes.

I agree don't think I'd like to live there ................... have a mate whose wife was teaching at their University.

He told me Reykjavik is just like any other tourist popular place but once you get away from the Capital the rest is amazing.

Iceland, one of my favourite places travelled to more recently. Only spent a week there, and admittedly it was summer (where it gets up to around 14C or sometimes 1 or 2 degrees higher).

Winters would be pretty harsh but when I go back, I'm planning on winter. Known for the drinking over there - likely due to the long hours of darkness like the Nordic countries, which could get some a little depressed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Finished binge watching Money Heist, still the final 5 episodes to come in Dec, up till 4 am one morning. 

What next, Click Bait??

Have you watched The Killing - streaming on TVNZ. Danish (with subtitles). Thought it wasn't too bad (although the main actor seems to defy reality with some of her approaches to various situations).

What's Netflix ????. Too much time on yr hands guys. Im usually out in the garage making things , reading books, playing snooker. Staying out of the wife's way now Im retired. As she complains ,I have twice the man and half the income. Cant win really, but after not winning an argument for 40 yrs Im a happy happy man.🤣

Edited by Globederby19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

What's Netflix ????. Too much time on yr hands guys. Im usually out in the garage making things , reading books, playing snooker. Staying out of the wife's way now Im retired. As she complains ,I have twice the man and half the income. Cant win really, but after not winning an argument for 40 yrs Im a happy happy man.🤣

Heck, I watch about 5 or 6 hours of TV a week. Best I cut back - I don't even watch trackside.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Gordy said:

I finished watching Squid Game the other night, well worth it if you don’t mind Korean with English sub titles.

Apparently it’s the most watched series ever on Netflix.

Yes it is hard to get into initially, I understand

Max lives in the wops wops aka Bedrock...where UFB and streaming are just part of a dreamy future...

so in an effort to assist (whoever) allow me to recommend some fab movies worth a look for the first or tenth time...

Meet Joe Black

Fried Green Tomatoes

Scent Of A Woman

Legends Of The Fall

Rustler's Rhapsody (spoof Western ... funniest thing you'll ever see, funnier than Blazing Saddles)

clip here:

45 minutes ago, Honest john said:

Watched on Netflix yesterday , catch me if you can, true and great story, Leo DiCaprio plays lead role brilliantly. 

Doco channel I think was three part McDonald’s story of mcmillions swindle, brilliant story. May be on netflix

hj

The real life Frank Abagnale jr has a cameo role in the movie

• Like 1