The Race Place

Netflix

Hesi

16 hours ago, Gordy said:

I finished watching Squid Game the other night, well worth it if you don’t mind Korean with English sub titles.

Apparently it’s the most watched series ever on Netflix.

I watched it in English no sub titles, it reminded me of Hunger Games, they left it open at the end so a series two could be on the cards, with it being the most watched series, you would think Netflix will push for a second series, entrepreneurs actually bet on the poor people, the human is actually the thoroughbred 

Well worth watching, strange watching it in English though

I give it the GREEN light 

Edited by VC!
  • Like 1

Whats this thread on Netflix hmm. Just ask Karrots - currently the Netflix watching machine.

Going into week 9 or 10 or whatever it is of lockdown now. 

Currently watching El Dragon, which is The Dragon in Spanish. About drugs & cartel, money laundering, subtitles, you name it, it has it including a bunch of HOTTIES too 😄

Spongebob Squarepants Popcorn GIF

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, Gordy said:

I finished watching Squid Game the other night, well worth it if you don’t mind Korean with English sub titles.

Apparently it’s the most watched series ever on Netflix.

I must watch it Gordy, thanks.

South Korea make some great movies best of which I think is THE HOST which is a monster/human drama feature with some good humour thrown in. The CGI was done by NZ's own Weta Workshops. It's directed by Bong Joon-Ho, Korea's foremost filmaker who also made the sci-fi drama Snowpiercer and the brilliant detective drama Memories of Murder, the astonishing Okja (which you can find on Netflix I believe) and the more recently highly-acclaimed Parasite

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468492/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished El Dragon & it doesn’t have a happy ending. Like its not predictable.

On next show but on Neon as

What Happened to Brittany Murphy? has been released.

Really want to watch this as was living in LA at the time of her death late 2009. And a few years after her death 2013 ish still living in LA, my ex came home & said that while he was out he popped into Star Bucks with a mate, who happened to know her Dad & he happened to be at Star Bucks too in LA.

Anyway that his Dad is pissed & angry about the death & says she was murdered & wants to do something about it. I was like “ok thats interesting”.

Have never really thought more about it. Til now years later this doco is out.

Watched the 1st episode. Where its presented that the husband is weird, controlling, compulsive liar & possibly responsible. Also that the father walked out on the mother & Brittany when she was very young.

Into approx 10 mins of 2nd episode (which is enough of 1 nite) & they show the father & YES he’s saying that he believes she was murdered & seems very adamant about it - so what ex told me those years ago was true! Interesting.

The strange thing about it all tho for me, is that the husband passed away approx 5 months after she died & they died from the same thing.

Will write an opinion on thoughts after have watched the entire series.

Edited by karrotsishere

Watched rest of episode 2 & thats it doco over. Only 2 episodes.

Karrots verdict - In my summary, liken it to a animal welfare. If an animal is sick as has poor diet, nutrition etc & does not get seen by a vet, could get quite ill & pass.

This in my opinion is what happened to Brittany. No real conspiracy and no direct murder as such. However do believe that due to her husbands controlling way & how he liked his woman thin, & they were a commodity to him, believe he was a contributing factor. He didn’t go and get her hospital help or take her to a doctor when clearly she was ill. 

When peeps started to blame him for her death. Its like he took his own life & did it the exact same way, thru poor nutrition, over the table medication etc.

Both died from pneumonia.

For those that don’t know she passed age 32. He was 40. She was an A List Hollywood actress. He was a conman. Was spending $1 million of her money a year. Then started moving in on the mother after she passed.

Wont give any further details for anyone wishing to view. Be interested in others thoughts if they do view.

Edited by karrotsishere

Ok no more real life docos on Neon for a while for Karrots. Gee so SAD.

Just watched this doco it has ONLY 1 episode.

Whitney Houston & Bobbi Kristina - Didn’t we

Yet another Bizarre story how BOTH, mother & daughter died the same way 3 years apart.

Face down in a bath.

Again this doco leaves questions as to was the ex fiancé of the daughter (Nick Gordon) responsible for 1 or both deaths. He also died 3 years later at age 30 after Bobbi Kristina. So tragically ALL 3 passed. The weird part of it was that he had been taken in at age 12 & was raised as a son to Whitney, & like a brother to daughter Bobbi Kristina. (But was unofficially adopted son). Then soon after Whitney passed he was in a relationship with the daughter so like his sister BUT not.

Also weirdly the same cause of death as Brittany M - Pneumonia BUT the manner of death was ruled as UNKNOWN.

Of note Bobbi Kristina had missing teeth, bruising, swollen lips from physical abuse at time of death. There were rumours he was controlling.

Interestingly in both deaths he was there Nick Gordon.

The best friend of Bobbi Christina thinks foul play as Whitney never took baths at hotels. But his brother who was also interviewed said No that he loved them both.

However he N Gordon was found legally responsible for Bobbi Kristinas death & fined USD36 million after father Bobby Brown filed a lawsuit against him.

He tried to commit suidcide after he was blamed for it. And successed a few years later when he passed of a drug OD. Again similar to the B Murphy case in that her husband passed after her death.

Very sad watching the interviewees from ALL families. Maybe actually avoid these 2 docos lol. Need to find a comedy NEXT.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

36 million ? Bobby Brown was pretty optimistic. Even with seemingly cut and dried cases the yanks always seem to come up with different scenarios, even years later.

I have seemed to have temporarily hit the wall with stuff on Netflix, so have been watching more YouTube. One of the things I have been watching is by a guy called Enes Yilmazer who takes you through a tour around houses valued anything from 26 million to 135 million dollars. They are all mind blowing.

• Like 1

Yea @Gordy that was what it said on the Doco. Have not googled to see if it was downsized or not. But Gordon passed not long after any it appears. 

Me too re hit a temp wall re Netflix, hence onto Neon. Yes some good stuff too on You Tube. Sometimes I end up strolling thru Netflix for ages just to find something to watch. 

Might google Enes Yilmazer or take a peak at it on You Tube - thanks 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 10:19 AM, karrotsishere said:

Whats this thread on Netflix hmm. Just ask Karrots - currently the Netflix watching machine.

Going into week 9 or 10 or whatever it is of lockdown now. 

Currently watching El Dragon, which is The Dragon in Spanish. About drugs & cartel, money laundering, subtitles, you name it, it has it including a bunch of HOTTIES too 😄

Spongebob Squarepants Popcorn GIF

are the HOTTies male or female? If the latter, Max might be forced to take a look sometime.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Yet another Bizarre story how BOTH, mother & daughter died the same way 3 years apart.

Face down in a bath.

Again this doco leaves questions as to was the ex fiancé of the daughter (Nick Gordon) responsible for 1 or both deaths. He also died 3 years later at age 30 after Bobbi Kristina. So tragically ALL 3 passed. The weird part of it was that he had been taken in at age 12 & was raised as a son to Whitney, & like a brother to daughter Bobbi Kristina. (But was unofficially adopted son). Then soon after Whitney passed he was in a relationship with the daughter so like his sister BUT not.

Also weirdly the same cause of death as Brittany M - Pneumonia BUT the manner of death was ruled as UNKNOWN.

Of note Bobbi Kristina had missing teeth, bruising, swollen lips from physical abuse at time of death. There were rumours he was controlling.

Interestingly in botsomething to cheer you up, karrot

22 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Face down in a bath.

Interestingly in both deaths he was there Nick Gordon.

The best friend of Bobbi Christina thinks foul play as Whitney never took baths at hotels. But his brother who was also interviewed said No that he loved them both.

However he N Gordon was found legally responsible for Bobbi Kristinas death & fined USD36 million after father Bobby Brown filed a lawsuit against him.

He tried to commit suidcide after he was blamed for it. And successed a few years later when he passed of a drug OD. Again similar to the B Murphy case in that her husband passed after her death.

Very sad watching the interviewees from ALL families. Maybe actually avoid these 2 docos lol. Need to find a comedy NEXT.

h deaths he was there Nick Gordon.

this will cheer you up in no time karrotsthere

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Maximus said:

are the HOTTies male or female? If the latter, Max might be forced to take a look sometime.

Both. And lots, was forced to check their details out. Who are these peeps lol. Warning tho its not like the docos with just 1 or 2 episodes. It has like only 2 seasons, but EACH SEASON has like 40-50 episodes lol. 

iu.jpeg

49 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Both. And lots, was forced to check their details out. Who are these peeps lol. Warning tho its not like the docos with just 1 or 2 episodes. It has like only 2 seasons, but EACH SEASON has like 40-50 episodes lol. 

iu.jpeg

wouldnt give you tuppence for the bloke in the middle..but with a decent resume and a givng attitude the two flankers might be alright

• 2 months later...

Speaking of Hot there Max. BUT in a different way, starting watching Neons BURN. Set in Oz based on those fires last season. Gives a good insight. But gee dont understand how some people refuse to evacuate & stay to protect their homes with a huge raging fire closing in. (Sad situation tho all round  - wildlife, lose of homes, loss of lives). 

Get that homes and some things can be very sentimental but to think they can beat these fires with a house hose or whatever is maddness.

Weather is absoluetly scoring in the North. A bit of a worry for what weather maybe like in Oz now. Hot & getting hotter. 

Edited by karrotsishere

• 2 months later...

Watched 83 recently - excellent film and well worth the 2 hours and 40 mins.      The portrayal and likeness of the players, especially Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar is amazing and the time went so quickly watching it.    I know being an ex cricket player and fan I might be biased but anyone who enjoys sport will enjoy it.    For those that may not know, 1983 was when India won the Cricket World Cup in the UK and were the major under dogs 🙂 

• Like 1

The Fame Game, a crime, mystery series set around a Bollywood star is an easy watch and enjoyable.  It was a nice colourful break from the darker Scandi and Spanish dramas/thrillers I usually opt for 🙂 

Gordy, I finally got around to watching The Chestnut Man - loved it.    I like a few Danish series.  Rita was good too.

• Like 1