The Race Place

North Island or South Island winner of the Cup?

Double R

Will it be the North Island with : South Coast Arden, Copy That, Bad To The Bone, Kango, or Dance Time.

or

The South Island with the rest.

I reckon the North Island may well have two of the first three in the finish.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Double R
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will be a starter to be in your North Island cheerleaders group, Karrots.

I have a feeling we are going to be very busy over Cup week, with the North Island Harness, and Thoroughbred representatives being very prominent in not only the big races, but the minor races as well.

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!

Edited by Double R
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Double R said:

Will it be the North Island with : South Coast Arden, Copy That, Bad To The Bone, Kango, or Dance Time.

or

More likely the North Island to be out of the placings.  somewhere like ............

South Coast Arden 5th, Copy That 6th, Bad To The Bone 7th, Kango 8th , or Dance Time 9th.

My assessment sees Self Assured (with no handicap after easy win last year), A 'Dunn' runner , and either PembrookP or Laver making up the placings. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nah don’t think so Lightnging the North is going to smoke the South this YEAR YEEESSSS

Brief bragging rights on Day after Cup finish to the cheerleaders of the winning Team

Friendly banter allowed in Cup Lead up - NAME Your Team.

Team Cheerleaders North

1. Karrots - Cheer Captain

2. Double R

Team Cheerleaders South

1. Lightning - Cheer Captain

2. Happy 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Double R said:

ill it be the North Island with : South Coast Arden, Copy That, Bad To The Bone, Kango, or Dance Ti

Strong contingent for sure.  Self Assured is up against it this time and they wont make it easy for him should he step. If he bobbles away I cant see him winning for mine, there is too much class in that field to overcome from a handicap. My smoky would be Pembrooke Playboy of the Southerners.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Team Cheerleaders North

1. Karrots - Cheer Captain

2. Double R

Team Cheerleaders South

1. Lightning - Cheer Captain

2. Happy 

Hahaha I am out of the running Karrots, as was the Aussie Cheerleader BUT after Tiger Tara getting beaten a nose by Natalie and THE FIXER in 2018 , i dropped my Pom poms and the Aussies are now 'Has-beens' lol

Lightning Blue managed to 'Snavel' the Cup last century, and an old Tassie horse won 2 Cups this century aided by outstanding Anthony Butt drives . FLASHING RED.

since then leading Oz trainers John Justice got 2nd twice with Smokin Up , and the McCarthy's 3rd with FOR A REASON. we are old hat indeed , in taking out an NZ Cup.

So HAPPY SUNRISE can take the Cheer-leading Duty , duty on >>>>>>> for the southerners.

P.S Fun-fact for you Karrots>>>  A horse named HAPPY SUNRISE ran in the 1987 Nz Cup . He finished unplaced . the winner of that race LIGHTNING BLUE lol.

5 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Hahaha I am out of the running Karrots, as was the Aussie Cheerleader BUT after Tiger Tara getting beaten a nose by Natalie and THE FIXER in 2018 , i dropped my Pom poms and the Aussies are now 'Has-beens' lol

Lightning Blue managed to 'Snavel' the Cup last century, and an old Tassie horse won 2 Cups this century aided by outstanding Anthony Butt drives . FLASHING RED.

since then leading Oz trainers John Justice got 2nd twice with Smokin Up , and the McCarthy's 3rd with FOR A REASON. we are old hat indeed , in taking out an NZ Cup.

So HAPPY SUNRISE can take the Cheer-leading Duty , duty on >>>>>>> for the southerners.

P.S Fun-fact for you Karrots>>>  A horse named HAPPY SUNRISE ran in the 1987 Nz Cup . He finished unplaced . the winner of that race LIGHTNING BLUE lol.

Arden Rooney?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Arden Rooney?

Of course , for Victorian Kerryn Manning.  well spotted Pete.!!!!!

A thorn in the side of ALLStars with a former Allstars trained horse. Mark and Nat would of had the last 7 Nz Cups otherwise. SMOLDA beaten narrowly by Arden Rooney, after galloping and losing 50m odd , made it all the more painful for them. 

Fun-fact 2 today . Kerryn Manning passed the 4000 winners driven marker,  this year !! what an amazing achievement>>>> to put that in perspective the great nz Tony Herlihy MNZM  has about 3500 driving winners

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Argh ok. Yes you are Aussie Cheerleader BUT none in. Ok will do an update then. Think Globe & Double R we might be scary them off, with our outfit reveal. 

Remember  Lightning, boring old fart Ludwig called us Childish for our FUN North verse South banter & Cheerleader Teams. FANTASTIC to know we have some YOUNG at Heart & FUN folks on HERE race place! 😃

Will perhaps add Addington to Team South due to his name & possibly Richie.  So teams updated as follows

North - Karrots, Double R, Globe

South - Happy, Addington, Richie

north korea lol GIF

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

Fun-fact 2 today . Kerryn Manning passed the 4000 winners driven marker,  this year !! what an amazing achievement>>>> to put that in perspective the great nz Tony Herlihy MNZM  has about 3500 driving winners

Be interesting to know how many drives she has had compared to Herlihy. ? . I think Herlihy's strike rate might be greater, although that means nothing really.

2 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Be interesting to know how many drives she has had compared to Herlihy. ? . I think Herlihy's strike rate might be greater, although that means nothing really.

I think Tony would of driven in a lot less races and won a few higher quality ones over the 40 years. Kerryn training way out in country Victoria, With a lot more day meetings available to drive at. but you still have to win em'.

Still a wonderful feat to be the first Lady driver ever to win the Nz Cup. Tony has three of those I believe. 

Interestingly don't think either have won the Interdominion pacing Grand Final. ( My rated Absolute Pinnacle of Success) where Natalie R has gone totally mad, and won a stack of them, including the last one run at Auckland end of 2019. 

Tony winning quite a few with the Trotters though , being the driver for his brother's in law Mark and Barry for a long time . DIAMOND FIELD, PRIDE OF PETITE, BUSTER HANOVER all winning trot Interdom's for Tony driving.

Some more homework for Karrots too lol, google the 1997 Interdominion trot where Tony came from 'last' to win by a snotter from the late amazing trainer of trotters Graeme Lang (the Scotch Notch man) and a 1/2 head to Kerryn Manning running third on her trotter. AMAZING and CLOSEST finish ever !!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Some more homework for Karrots too lol, google the 1997 Interdominion trot where Tony came from 'last' to win by a snotter from the late amazing trainer of trotters Graeme Lang (the Scotch Notch man) and a 1/2 head to Kerryn Manning running third on her trotter. AMAZING and CLOSEST finish ever !!!

Why Sensei Lightning giving me ALL the homework. Iv got a NEON comedy to seek out & watch. AFTER watching these sad real life docos. 

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Why Sensei Lightning giving me ALL the homework. Iv got a NEON comedy to seek out & watch. AFTER watching these sad real life docos. 

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Yeah those races only take a couple of minutes to watch . all done in 5 minutes. Netflix full of brutal stuff . I like more tame things. squids = no thanks.

THE AGE OF ADALINE is a good one that you would enjoy karrots . If you are looking for something Netflix. Quite an entertaining story.

• Like 1

Well Team North, looks like Copy That is set to go & go SOUTH ALL fired up! After a record workout at Puke today. Winning by 15 lengths from fellow open class horse Christianshavtime. Ohhh South are you quaking in your boots yet lol. - Happy's predicted response. Nope lol. 

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/nz-cup-bound-copy-that-sets-pukekohe-track-alight-with-supersonic-workout/

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 6:51 PM, Lightning Blue said:

THE AGE OF ADALINE is a good one that you would enjoy karrots . If you are looking for something Netflix. Quite an entertaining story.

A nice story and helps with having a leading lady like that in it.

Karrots, you should really disband your northern cheerleading squad as the thought of Globe and Double R 'cheerleading' is somewhat disturbing 🤣

The South will win the Cup anyway.  That is a given. Also, SCA is a southerner isn't it? 😅

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Karrots, you should really disband your northern cheerleading squad as the thought of Globe and Double R 'cheerleading' is somewhat disturbing 🤣

The South will win the Cup anyway.  That is a given. Also, SCA is a southerner isn't it? 😅

Hehe but Globe is on drinks (water/juice/cola) & Double R is the background high kicks man.

Check this out MEOW - Here is the video of Copy Thats win today! Impressive stuff. Im really liking the walking up standing start practice 😄 Tick need that practice for the South.

Also like the commentators both Teaz & also White whom is commentating today when they commentate at Puke workouts they both give some details/info about horses, to try to keep in a bit more interesting, oppose just saying, this horse is infront, this horse is 2nd, back to this horse in front again & rinse and repeat.

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=291602&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

PS haha SCA is a Northern horse. No sneaky stealing him 😄

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

One thing that will be certain, the winner of the Cup will be driven by a South Island driver.

It is interesting how in the thoroughbred side of the sport, that riders who live in the Waikato, of which many parts are currently in level three, are able to travel to Riccarton to ride tomorrow.

• Like 1