The Race Place

Trevor Wilkes

pete

Guest Wilfred
22 minutes ago, pete said:

WTF is this guy doing commentating at Westport.

That would be the worst commentary I've heard in my life.

Appalling.

If you had been listening instead of yapping, Matt Cross was held up en route, and Trevor Wilkes filled in at the last minute. Go stop climbing into him like that. Very unfair.

Guest Wilfred
4 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Yep It was pretty rank & unfortunately can't see him improving throughout the day.

He only called the one race as a last minute fill in. Don't attack people without knowing the facts.

13 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

If you had been listening instead of yapping, Matt Cross was held up en route, and Trevor Wilkes filled in at the last minute. Go stop climbing into him like that. Very unfair.

Fair comment but suggest you adopt a slightly less aggressive tone or you might find yourself sitting on the bench for a while.

35 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Just watching the replay. 

Yeah, the call down the straight was a shocker. 

Didn't watch race nor replay.

Wilfred aka Ludwig has merit in calling out & giving the reason eg last minute fill in.

Here comes the

BUT can't be hypocritical tho. Can't call 1 commentator from the North a Clown or be negative about his calls (apologies Wilfred if have that wrong, but don't think I have), then Nek Minnit come on here & call out those who offer an negative opinion on 1 from South. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Didn't watch race nor replay.

Wilfred aka Ludwig has merit in calling out & giving the reason eg last minute fill in.

Here comes the

BUT can't be hypocritical tho. Can't call 1 commentator from the North a Clown or be negative about his calls (apologies Wilfred if have that wrong, but don't think I have), then Nek Minnit come on here & call out those who offer an negative opinion on 1 from South. 

This you Wilfred aka Ludwig. A post from 3 days ago. A White from the North is a clown right - according to you. Everything from the North is crap. Right. Yet a couple of days later jump on Craig & Pete here. Hmm.

Yes now Im being a lil Toad opps lol. Right 1 last post to do for day about The Race 😃

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 3.43.36 PM.png

Guest Wilfred
On 12/27/2021 at 3:51 PM, karrotsishere said:

This you Wilfred aka Ludwig. A post from 3 days ago. A White from the North is a clown right - according to you. Everything from the North is crap. Right. Yet a couple of days later jump on Craig & Pete here. Hmm.

Yes now Im being a lil Toad opps lol. Right 1 last post to do for day about The Race 😃

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 3.43.36 PM.png

My name is Wilfred, or Wil to my friends. I don't know who this Ludwig guy is , nor do I care. I am only on one site, namely this one. 

So I would appreciate it if you would stop accusing me of being someone else, or of saying things which I have not . I find such accusations offensive.

39 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

My name is Wilfred, or Wil to my friends. I don't know who this Ludwig guy is , nor do I care. I am only on one site, namely this one. 

So I would appreciate it if you would stop accusing me of being someone else, or of saying things which I have not . I find such accusations offensive.

Actually it was Lightning that said this first. He mentioned it on another thread. Maybe you didn’t notice that ... Due to the following:

Ludwig & Wilfred are both German names.

Both Ludwig & Wilfred are into Deep South racing.

Both Ludwig & Wilfred use the term “suits’ & seem to have a prob with ‘suits’ at HRNZ.

Both Ludwig & Wilfred are into the gallops & trots.

Both Ludwig & Wilfred read this site.

Both Ludwig & Wilfred are confrontational.

Both Ludwig & Wilfred know how to create & start threads no problem.

Both Ludwig & Wilfred have the same writing style.

Both Ludwig & Wilfred started trot threads on Invercargill about K Bubbliz 1st winning drive.

But righto then if you say so.

Edited by karrotsishere

Don't know who Trevor Wilkes is . But just  like a race driver or even a steward  , the job can be 'Tough' at times. and all you can do is the best you can with what's in front of you. and what horsepower you have , etc.

Lot's of times people become critical of performance , as they may be investing on a race as a punter or even just a fan of fair-play. Rightly or wrongly we all might have a comment on some of them (I was this week at Gavin Smith, but might be wrong in doing that, he ran 2nd again today narrowly and you can't win em all) 

Posters can post as who they like . More the merrier !! comment is good and raises awareness/knowledge.. I post in several places race-net quora ,u-tube and Nz harness too as am a fan. Identity is far better anonymous as I've seen drivers 'attacked' as soon as they post  (not here) because when people know who they are,  they tear into them about a race or incident. So why worry about what name people post as Karrots .... not worth it...I was having nice chat last night at cafe about the New Race coming Up.

There's a much better topic.!!!!!  we should all get stuck into that one . $million dollar race at Cambridge. sounds good idea. get some cash reward going....

7 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

So why worry about what name people post as Karrots .... not worth it...I was having nice chat last night at cafe about the New Race coming Up.

Lightning lol. You were the 1 that told me, I was none of the wiser. Even tho Ludwig was 1 of the reasons I left other site. 

Was ok about it & didn't even say anything after you informed me, but then you went & said it outloud lol on (Hey Gammalite) thread. But yes moving on. 

8 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

I was having nice chat last night at cafe about the New Race coming Up.

There's a much better topic.!!!!!  we should all get stuck into that one . $million dollar race at Cambridge. sounds good idea. get some cash reward going....

Here is the website link with information about it. States that folks have to apply & present how they plan to market their slot etc. So if more than 10 applicants not all will get a go. Can also on-sell slots if want less than 3 years. But the new buyer has to be approved re marketing idea etc. Think Woodlands would be a no-brainer. As they could market it as part of their weanling & yearling sales - that they have a slot. And then they select ONLY a Woodlands breed horse to race in it. So could be Need You Now or Lifes A Beach. 

https://www.therace.nz

9 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Don't know who Trevor Wilkes is .

LB,to enlighten you.Trevor Wilkes is still current longtime Greyhound Caller at Addington.I recall a couple of years back,he missed calling his first meeting in 30 odd years.

I recall he filled in for Reon at the trots when neccessary.And have heard him call trots trials more recently.

Also note,he calls Greyhound races with naked eye,no binoculars.Thus helps explain his errors!😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1