The Race Place

FRIDAY 21st Nz trots Driver Challenge for Race Place trot fans.

Lightning Blue

3 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

PPhhhttttt. Isnt this called an "equalizater"  meeting. You know put yah money up and pull a number. :classic_tongue:

Iv got a bet on tonight 😝 as did last nite 😝 Assuming too much there G. Can enjoy this too.

17 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Nope . Backed Mellanion in the first at Alex. In my picks ,and T Herlihy

Like how in the North the are not afraid to park All Stars. Worked in R1 too. 

Edited by karrotsishere

5 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

PPhhhttttt. Isnt this called an "equalizater"  meeting. You know put yah money up and pull a number. :classic_tongue:

Nothing like it mate.  Equalisator was just random numbers.

Supporting certain drivers and jockeys is the BEST way to get good results. I'd be 1000's up on Nat for example .and scale down from there.  Just betting on jockeys at Flemington now on their Rapid race Day today. some are better than others. 

10 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Nothing like it mate.  Equalisator was just random numbers.

Supporting certain drivers and jockeys is the BEST way to get good results. I'd be 1000's up on Nat for example .and scale down from there.  Just betting on jockeys at Flemington now on their Rapid race Day today. some are better than others. 

Well if Globe is going to preach to us for taking part in this bit of fun 1 off tonight, he better preach to Rex & PJ too, for running their weekly comps that go over weeks. Tell them these are equalizator meetings. Oh and he participates in them too. Funny that.

What the score update? Think Dunn just got up in the recent race at Addington 😄

Half way through the Driver Challenge and Karrots is cruising with leading driver John Dunn , with another special drive on AboveNBeyond.

11 points and a big lead for Karrots.

Still running in the trail is Josias 6 pts, Field Commander parked out with 5 pts, Dancing Show 3pts with Nat, Happy Sunrise 3 pts with Ben Hope and bitterly disappointed to see High Flying Harry in a gallop for Newmans only drive. Double R 2pts, Globe D and Blackie 1 pt, Lightning Blue yet to score at all, with the 'Magician'.

• Like 1

Good run by the Happy Sunrise inspired Todd Mitchell putting in a MASSIVE (Metro) type of run to get back in the race. now on 6 pts. and looking for a karrot.

Lightning Blue sees the Magic man McKendry break his duck ,with a 2nd placing with 'Kings landing 'to move to 2 points.

Addington trot about to go , Karrots might not be 'The Player' in front at the end of this one lol.. could it be Nat for Dancing Show?

7 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Maybe - my view is the jockey makes very little difference - unless they are simply useless. Some are good at shortening odds though.

Very true Mardi.. but how I love it when I see Tony, Todd M or one of the Butchers bring one home.. and even Craig Newitt or Jye McNeill salute the judge.. we do have our faves 🙂 

• Like 1

They hit the line in the trot  . You can't help but admire the Top drivers !! a $37 quinella with Blair and JD .

Double R picks up the 3 points. and Karrots say "tata everyone"  "I'm Popular Alm" lol......   

Lightning should of thrown in his girl Sam Ottley for the Tri  as that paid $448.  but picks up 1 point.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

When will you young fellas learn, have to be in front at the winning post, not before.

R5 Alex altho not just the young fellas this time, a mixture lol. 

News out of Lincoln Farms is that A Drake will become joint trainer with Green for Lincoln Farms due to Green stuck in Oz.

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/double-foreshadows-new-training-partnership-with-andrew-joining-absent-ray-at-the-helm/

Harness Racing New Zealand’s rules don’t allow trainers to be away from their stables for lengthy periods and Green is stranded in Australia, unable to get an MIQ spot to return.

Green sees HRNZ’s decision to enforce the rule as petty given the circumstances, but is happy for Drake to become a training partner.

“It’s a bit of a kick in the guts really as I’m stuck here through no fault of my own. But I have no problem with Andrew running things in my absence. He’s a very good organiser and is very thorough.

“We’ll keep talking about the horses every day, as we do now, so nothing will change really.”

Drake has driven 23 winners and has just graduated to being an open driver. He won the title of leading junior driver at Alexandra Park for the 2020-21 season with a record of five wins, two seconds and five thirds for a UDR rating of .1414.

With 5 races to go in the Driver challenge Double R robert moves up with a race to race 'Blair Stare' to take 2nd spot with 8 points.

Karrots clear in the lead on 13 ... Josias on 7 pts runs 3rd, HappyS and FieldC are on 6 pts, DancingS and LightningB 3pts, and Blackie asking "Where is Mark?" and GlobeD are trailing the field on 1 pt.

1 minute ago, Dancing Show said:

Hey do I get anything for a female trained winner?  🙂 

hahah you are certainly stiff there ! Nicky used to drive them all herself , but looks like she shoved my boy Maurice on ? 3 pts to LB wahoo !!  magician lol....

2 pts for Josias with Fergo getting 2nd , and a Zach/ Karrots effort makes up the Trifecta.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

With 5 races to go in the Driver challenge Double R robert moves up with a race to race 'Blair Stare' to take 2nd spot with 8 points.

Karrots clear in the lead on 13 ... Josias on 7 pts runs 3rd, HappyS and FieldC are on 6 pts, DancingS and LightningB 3pts, and Blackie asking "Where is Mark?" and GlobeD are trailing the field on 1 pt.

Where is Mark? Same place where Ricky May is.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

I don't even have a starter in the next at Alex 🙂   Unless one of them wants to move to the dark side 🙂 

Yes , only a small field the fast class. perhaps The Nz Cup winner and last year placegetter Self Assured has scared them all off?

The fab Nat has taken a second win for the girls at Addington , to boost Dancing Show to 6 pts.