The Race Place

Grant Robertson M.P

ngakonui grass

Has gone down in my estimation by saying that he  was somewhat embarrassed when he purchased a CHICAGO tape back in the Flying Nun days in Dunedin.

Shame on u.

He was on TODAY FM being interviewed by Graeme Hill on his program "off the record" where the person dicusses their life and talks about their 5 favourite records that mean something to them.

Had a good interview with John Dybvig basketball coach on Wednesday.

"

John DV

Chicago, when they were Chicago Transit Authority, were a truly great band, especially with that unique horn section and Terry Kath predominant.  But then they became too commercial with Cetera taking over and producing commercial stuff like If You Leave Me Now, just to get Hot 100 No 1's

I used to correspond with Chicagokid, who runs a Chicago appreciation group on Youtube.  I asked him why Terry Kath was not on the Rolling Stone list of best lead guitar players of all time, as Jimmi Hendrix had seen him and acknowledged he was better than him.  He explained it was all political, who you knew, who you had pissed off.

But this is superb, original line up.  Terry Kath, died 1978, probably the least known but best guitar player around

My Fav band of all time (so far)  Colosseum (prog rock and mix of blues)with the iconic Chris Farlowe played at Tanglewood as well. Their full side of one album, SKELINGTON,  featured as the opening rift on Radio With Pictures. Clem Clempson who was their 3rd lead guitarist was brilliant as well, and they recruited Chris Farlowe to let him concentrate on his guitar., and will be most known for Colosseum Live. Still get goose bumps.

Edited by Globederby19

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 11:58 AM, Hesi said:

I used to correspond with Chicagokid, who runs a Chicago appreciation group on Youtube.  I asked him why Terry Kath was not on the Rolling Stone list of best lead guitar players of all time, as Jimmi Hendrix had seen him and acknowledged he was better than him.  He explained it was all political, who you knew, who you had pissed off.

But this is superb, original line up.  Terry Kath, died 1978, probably the least known but best guitar player around

Jimmi was  very generous in his praise when discussing other guitarists. When we think of great guitarists Jimmi will always be in the conversation, not because of politics but because he was so very good.