The Race Place

Te Akau Tweets.

ngakonui grass

I see on another site people getting angry over a Steve Donovan wanting to list Te Akau runners that have cost plenty but fail to live up to the hype.(thats how i read it,could be wrong).

I myself see nothing wrong with this unless its lies and b/s.

In this day of statistics everywhere you go,surveys,etc it just seems like something interesting for those who are interested to do.

I recall many times on that site mention of sale topper failures.

Nz racing gives us jockey,trainer percentages etc this is imo just another tool for those interested.All sports esp NFL,NBA,give out player statistics every day.

I myself would read the information just out of interest.

Basically it comes down to choice u know that old thing called democracy.

JMO.

It's okay to say Racecafe on here NG, we don't have any auto cues that blank it out to something like wanker site etc etc.  It has some very good posters anyway

I'm surprised the site owner tolerates it, anything negative to do with Te Akau was a real sore point and the reason a number of people got banned(not me, I did worse:classic_rolleyes:).

Quite okay to post data on this site about what Te Akau horses cost and what they earnt.  It is totally valid, they are syndicators looking for new owners, so their record should be put under scrutiny, as opposed to the hype that is sometime associated with this sort of subject

And of course if anyone challenged P4P(Molloy), the site owner would jump to his defense.  This was the inequity and non level playing field that so many objected to, including Doug, who did something about it, to his credit, and started BOAY.

But he went too far in the other direction, with the anything goes approach, in response to what had happened on RC.

Right idea, wrong execution

I think we have the mix right here, especially when you read how much PJ's comps mean to people like Rex(Sir Gallivant).

Good on you Rex, seeing comments like yours, make it all worthwhile, and well worth highlighting below for those that don't visit the comp section

As we once again reach the halfway point of another PJ excellent tournament, my thanks and I am mighty certain many others on here are glad u do this PJ because it helps entertain me watching the fluctuations of everyones picks and results etc.

I wish i could meet u to shake your hand cause you keep this old soul going

Depends on what TA think what their operation focus is all about...why they are doing it in the first place

Offering many people who could not afford to get into horse ownership a chance OR

Running a professional syndicating business to make a profit

If it is the first, then they probably think they are beyond reproach because they are doing the industry a favour

If it is the second, then scrutiny goes with the territory, unless of course the results don't look that great when laid out for all to see

I had a quick look at their costs once, and to me it looks like they are clipping the ticket a bit too heavily

There must be some data somewhere comparing the costs of the different syndicators that are operating, and their success rates.  Although how do you measure success, number of wins, stakemoney won.  We all know that unless you get a very good horse, the costs outweigh the return.  A lot are in it just for the thrill of racing a horse.

17 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Well that is going to increase when stakes double:classic_rolleyes:

lol....true. But what's the big deal? This is a reflection of the whole basis of industry problems where NZTR etc. are incapacitated by a power base that can not see what needs to happen because of their own commercial interests. Shame really.

Then they start picking on individual stake holders who dare....

Sorry about the ellipses.

Edited by curious

10 hours ago, curious said:

lol....true. But what's the big deal? This is a reflection of the whole basis of industry problems where NZTR etc. are incapacitated by a power base that can not see what needs to happen because of their own commercial interests. Shame really.

Then they start picking on individual stake holders who dare....

Sorry about the ellipses.

I presume by this you mean the Kevin Morton fiasco that you were so helpful and involved in......90 horses was it?

Probably been over this before, but can you elaborate on what needs to happen

On 12/1/2019 at 8:34 PM, pete said:

I see p4p has condemned the guy outright without even bothering to look at what's been posted.

Some things never change 🙄

Finally had a look at that thread today.  Yep, same old same old, you're either part of the Molloy sycophant brigade or the idiot site owner castigates you for having an opinion au contraire............or an opinion

14 hours ago, Hesi said:

I presume by this you mean the Kevin Morton fiasco that you were so helpful and involved in......90 horses was it?

Probably been over this before, but can you elaborate on what needs to happen

Yep a hundred times. A decade ago it held some hope. 5 or 6 years ago a glimmer. Now, it would be a waste of breath.

They could make a case for revamping the tracks and facilities at all provincial courses, using an allocation from the Provincial Growth Fund.

They have a chance while Winston and Shane Jones are still there, but it might pay to get a wriggle on.

Both John Key and Bill English despised Racing

7 minutes ago, Hesi said:

They could make a case for revamping the tracks and facilities at all provincial courses, using an allocation from the Provincial Growth Fund.

They have a chance while Winston and Shane Jones are still there, but it might pay to get a wriggle on.

Both John Key and Bill English despised Racing

They could but it would be yet another waste of taxpayer money. Fixing tracks is important but on its own will do nothing but that.

Is it censoring, or has he just got fed up with him

I think Thommo mentioned this, but this was about David Ellis not wanting to offend the Lindsays at Cambridge Stud, for whatever reason.

A potentially dangerous precedent.

Stipendiary control and objectivity must reign supreme, when it comes to scrutinising the rules of racing, not "I won't put in a protest, because the owners are mates, and they've done me a lot of favours over the years and vice versa etc etc"

• Like 1