The Race Place

An offer from Robert(DoubleR)

Hesi

Please respond directly to him on PM if you are interested

Good morning Alan,
I was going to post on Raceplace, but wasn't sure where.
Our wee girl Burgundy Rose is running, and after going down to see her run a creditable 5th last Saturday, returned home, and have tested positive for Covid 19, so going down this week is out.
I was wondering if anyone in the group who is intending to go, or if they got two complimentary entry ( $50 each) and racebooks, someone might wish to go?
The system is, an email is sent today, or tomorrow with information for owners. On it, there is a barcode which you present on your phone or photocopy at the entry gate, and that gets your entry to the track. Just inside the gate there is a caravan with owner's information, and you give the name of your horse, and the owner attached to the horse. I didn't have to give identification, but would certainly give the person/s an email with my authority for them to represent me on the day, if they felt more comfortable.
Hoping you might be able to give me some guidance, or might know someone who could take up the offer.
Kind regards.
Robert Rendel.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dancing Show said:

Very thoughtful Robert.   Hope your symptoms are mild and you feel better soon.    I have just got over covid myself, first day back out in the community today after ten days, so I empathise with you.   Lemsip Max was my life saver!   Take care!

Thanks Maria.

It is like owning horses, just need to have patience!!

I am not bed bound, but do lay down when needed.

I am on squeezed Lemon juice, and Honey, and haven't lost my appetite, or thirst to watch races.

A little bit of moisture by Saturday for the "wee girl" would be greatly appreciate, as the hard track just got to her at of the last part of her race last Saturday, and of course the weight too. Anyway, fingers crossed for this week.

• Like 2

Get well Robert. Weather is cooling here. I still havent had Covid. What a shame same board members voted back in. Think your a member so couldnt sprout off like me lol.

Hear there is a bit of Misogyny in club. And now they are blaming the lovely female Catherine for all their problems. What a joke. And trying to get rid of Barry the journo for writing the truth. Another joke. And I hope it isnt true they laughed & booed when the president a female of Pukekohe got up to talk! Along with a female member that was running for board. Disgraceful, if so. 

Shame, with these backwards attitudes hard to go forward. But still wish the club well.

Take care & will check back in in a month.

Edited by karrotsishere

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Get well Robert. Weather is cooling here. I still havent had Covid. What a shame same board members voted back in. Think your a member so couldnt sprout off like me lol.

Hear there is a bit of Misogyny in club. And now they are blaming the lovely female Catherine for all their problems. What a joke. And trying to get rid of Barry the journo for writing the truth. Another joke. And I hope it isnt true they laughed & booed when the president a female of Pukekohe got up to talk! Along with a female member that was running for board. Disgraceful, if so. 

Shame, with these backwards attitudes hard to go forward. But still wish the club well.

Take care & will check back in in a month.

Thanks Karrots.

No, I am not a member.

Keep healthy and safe.

• Like 1