The Race Place

Cubes - Nigel Babbage

Hesi

It came as a shock to read that he passed away on Sun avo, aged 59.

A very popular poster on Racecafe and a keen participant in PJ's comps when they were there.  Always posted in the third person and always referred to family as other shapes other than a cube

As an article about him said, broke at 27, retired at 43

• Sad 1

John Rhind Funeral Directors

13-19 London St
Christchurch, Canterbury

BABBAGE, Nigel Charles Harrison. It is with great sadness that we announce that Nigel passed away after a short illness on 20 November 2022 aged 60 years. Devoted father to Charles and Edward and loved husband of the late Philippa. Beloved brother of Nicki, Andy and Kate and brother-in-law of Alastair, Darien, Nick, Al and Sue. Cherished uncle to all his nephews and nieces.

Messages to the family of Nigel Babbage, C/- 19 London Street, Christchurch 8013.

A service will be held to celebrate Nigel's life at The Show Gate, Riccarton Park, Christchurch on 30th November at 11am.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Tonkatime said:

Great to see Bad Flamingo get the win for him today.

Yes was brilliant finale to a sad week.And the winner of the 2nd race Papagena has Nigels connection through his ex trainer and friends Kevin and Pam Hughes.

They also trained Papagena earlier in career I believe

• Like 3

On 11/27/2022 at 12:34 PM, Tonkatime said:

Great to see Bad Flamingo get the win for him today.

I never clicked it was him 😢, he was a valued member of several punters clubs and agree his wit was amazing. Loved him talking in the 3rd person. Real shame I didn't get to meet him in person.