The Race Place

Maxi's $100 Challenge -results and updates

6 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Fair enough, gentlemen, I accept the criticism.

My intention was to have a bit of fun along similar lines to barry's Xmas/New Year comp but updating things day by day over 6-7 weeks.  Hard to do when you cant post scores with any confidence.

Didn't for a moment expect to get caught up in this kind of crapola. Very sad. Good intentions, poor outcome.

Those who want to stay in under the current rules, feel free to do so...if people stop posting, the Comp will die a natural death. 
pete, barry and the so-called 'big boys; can still do their Challenge for those who have the "'intellectual capacity". LMFAO.

MM

Last comment on this.

For clarification for those who wish to continue (not me), are you allowing TAB bets at SP?

If you do, you won't know the price from the person's post.

Not being smart here - it needs clarifying.

5 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Read the rules.

MM

The rules don't mention SP bets on NZ TAB. They are like a bet at closing price on the tote if you're not sure what that means.

Anyway, you crack on mate. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time.

• ADDITIONAL RULE /CLARIFICATION (as of Day 2) 
    The fixed odds declared when you post your $100 bet(s) are the odds accepted for the Competition.
     Blow-our\t prices from SOPs do not apply.

So you're saying no SP bets on NZ TAB. Is that correct?

Save yourself more aggro and be specific. You can't expect anyone to infer that from the above rule.

Are tote bets allowed?

I have amended the rules hoping this makes this clear, pete. 

Best regards

MM

MAXI'S $100 NZ GALLOPS CHALLENGE (FIXED ODDS AND NZ TOTE PRICES ONLY)

RULES ARE FEW 

• $100 bet(s) - real or imaginary. Fixed Odds and NZ Tote only. To be posted at the thoroughbred meeting(s) below, 
    Post on this thread at least 1 hour before declared race time.
  • NZ Gallops meetings only - there are 37 race days available.
  • Minimum 20 days of participation to be eligible for the $100 prize. This allows you to have days off.
  • Self-scoring, please post your own updates each time you bet and/or at the end of each day you bet.
  • Winner is the punter with highest $$ profit after Day 37 (who has posted on 20 or more days).
    Prize is a $100 bet(s) courtesy of Max, to be taken and posted on this thread by Max before 31 March 2024
  • RULE CLARIFICATION 
    The fixed odds declared when you post your $100 bet(s) are the odds accepted for the Competition.

• Thanks 1

Just pointing out that Maxi has amended to include NZ tote

Vigorous debate is good but leave out the personal disparaging stuff.  

Maxi or I won't respond, because it just starts a shit fight that most on here find distasteful.

If you want to engage in that sort of approach, then go elsewhere.

OK to explain, since you asked for it ...'big boys' is metaphorical not physical ...as Mardy joined the Comp to join them..(clearly you weren't paying attention at the time)

LMFAO....Max is laughing at pete's personal assault on the Mustelidian intelligence.

MM

Day 3 Wrap -Whanganui

13 had a crack at the Whanganui gallops, including Challenge debutant zabeel. Welcome!
Only two made profitable returns - and modest ones at that - on a day of so many upsets that the quaddie was not struck;
LFV ($165) and Hesi ($125).

After 3 of 37 days, it's still Curious ($1100) in front of Maria ($600) and Steve P ($550)

MM.