The Race Place

Hastings abandoned - not to worry

mardigras

3 minutes ago, BarryB said:

To be fair, it was torrential rain, would have been unsafe for Jocks riding in it.

Couldn't they put the races back 45 minutes? Is it still heavy now?

Aside from that, my post is really about the blasé nature of many, in regards the view that everything is rosy in the industry.

4 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Aside from that, my post is really about the blasé nature of many, in regards the view that everything is rosy in the industry.

Yes, the problems have just been papered over, but shit it looks good though, just wont hold when the paper gets wet.

4 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Couldn't they put the races back 45 minutes? Is it still heavy now?

Fair comment

Some hardcore data other than KM turned over 9.5 mil might help

1 hour ago, BarryB said:

To be fair, it was torrential rain, would have been unsafe for Jocks riding in it.

I understand the deluge lasted about 10 minutes. It must have been that the rain left the track slippery afterwards? No stipe's report yet to explain what the issue was.

Keep pouring money into stakes ...may as well pour it  down the gurgler until the tracks are fixed its on thin thin ice...a joke...but oh we dont meed all the tracks that are deemed uselesss..chickens are coming home to roost. and what about the preps for these fillies for the Oaks now how unfair on them now too ...its a house of cards.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RJB said:

Keep pouring money into stakes ...may as well pour it  down the gurgler until the tracks are fixed its on thin thin ice...a joke...but oh we dont meed all the tracks that are deemed uselesss..chickens are coming home to roost. and what about the preps for these fillies for the Oaks now how unfair on them now too ...its a house of cards.

But then Cameron says we can't fix the tracks because we don't have enough tracks available to divert the racing to while we fix them.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, curious said:

But then Cameron says we can't fix the tracks because we don't have enough tracks available to divert the racing to while we fix them.

Bull shit they should not have closed so many, it was stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The industry deserves what it gets, because everyone only does what is right for them.

As an example with this tracks issue, where are the big players in the industry, why are they not speaking out, saying money needs to be diverted from stakes.  I'll tell you why, because they are all too busy making money and parading their egos.

For example, Ellis doesn't give a fuck about the tracks in NZ, because he is setting up in Aus.  Other big players that you saw at yesterday's auction are much the same, too busy making money to bothered with the state of tracks in NZ, they can race in Aus, Forsman another who has set up in Aus.  A wet bus ticket is more substantial than Pike, except when it affects him.

I know some do not agree with the Messara Report, but if he was asked to pass comment on the issues we have now, he would say, well the report came out 5.5 years ago, you've only just implemented the outsourcing bit that was fundamental, you haven't implemented many of the track recos, other than shut down the small tracks, which is arse about face.

They will all take the money on offer, say how wonderful it is, then when the money runs out and we still have track problems, they will blame someone else

Guest Geez Wayne
4 hours ago, mardigras said:

Don't be concerned about races at Hasting being abandoned today.

Apparently the industry is going brilliantly, everyone is so positive and things could hardly get better.

Mardi. You seem to be a glass half full . Come on fellow punters club legend turn it around😃

Guest Geez Wayne

Thanks Pete, i was surprised someone so negative was involved  and thankful as well with no due respect to the Grass Mardy

7 hours ago, Geez Wayne said:

Thanks Pete, i was surprised someone so negative was involved  and thankful as well with no due respect to the Grass Mardy

I'm not a glass half full. I'm just realistic and very pragmatic. If things were good, I'd be saying so. You seem to be suggesting that things are rosy. Can you give me some details as to what is rosy?

• Like 3

http://i1.cmail20.com/ei/y/47/24C/52B/124600/csfinal/CorporateEmail-banner-9900000000079e3c.png

As a result of the abandonment of Hawke’s Bay Racing Inc.’s meeting at Hastings yesterday, New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing (NZTR) has confirmed the following date and programme changes.

Programme and Date Changes

After considering all options and taking into account the views of affected participants, NZTR has determined that the Group 2 Lowland Stakes and the 3YO Set Weights and Penalties that was not run yesterday will both be moved to Racing Taupō’s meeting on Friday 8 March. In order to accommodate these moves, nine races will now be run at this meeting next week. The necessary approvals for these changes have been obtained from the New Zealand Pattern Committee and the TAB NZ Dates Committee.

The Group 2 Lowland Stakes will now be run over 2000m metres and the 3YO SW&P race will be run for a stake of $25,000.

NZTR notes that, while the Group 2 Lowland Stakes is an important race in its own right, it also plays a very important role in the 3YO fillies pattern, as it helps underpin the race rating of the Group 1 New Zealand Oaks at Trentham. In NZTR’s view, running the Lowland Stakes at Taupō gives both it and the New Zealand Oaks, the best opportunity to meet the required ratings performance to retain their status as Group 1 and Group 2 races, respectively. In addition, the 3YO Set Weights and Penalties race will also move to Taupō as an important lead-up to the Group 2 Wellington Guineas.  

A 3YO Set Weights & Penalties race over 1300m is to be added to the Ōtaki-Maori Racing Club programme on 6 March, to be run for a stake of $25,000.

Other key programme changes are summarised below:

·         The R60 1200m is being deleted from the Racing Taupō meeting on 8 March

·         An R65 over 2100m is to be added to the Wellington Racing Club programme on 9 March

There will be new nominations for both races being moved to Taupo (closing at the normal time on Tuesday 5 March) with preference being given to horses who were meant to run yesterday at Hastings.

Hastings Abandonment

NZTR received a full Stewards’ Report this morning regarding the abandonment, including the track preparation in the lead-up to the raceday.  NZTR is awaiting reports from the Club on the preparation of the track, particularly consideration of forecast showers, to ensure that all available options were considered for the surface preparation given the adverse forecast. 

NZTR will engage with the Club, Racing Integrity Board and New Zealand Jockeys’ Association to ensure we get the best possible outcomes for the industry moving forward and that we are making proactive decisions when it comes to the preparation of tracks with our current weather patterns.

NZTR and the Club have also agreed to immediately undertake a full renovation of the Hastings turf to regain confidence in the track. More information will be provided by NZTR regarding this process once a detailed plan has been finalised.

Yours in racing,

http://i2.cmail20.com/ei/y/47/24C/52B/124600/csfinal/Darin-Balcombe-9903cf028a01453c-ffd5db75c50ee306.png

Darin Balcombe
Chief Operating Officer

Darin.Balcombe@nztr.co.nz

• Like 1