The Race Place

The Infinite Jukebox

pete

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

my bad. I will make up for it by putting a bob ($5) each way on Hurricane Max in the last at Grafton. Whatever divvie it produces you will have those $$ to reinvest on a horse of your choosing...which has got the Mustelid thinking of a plan so cunning you could put a tailfeather on it and call it ..  Maria, the Show That Dances.

MM

Looks like 12.50 back. I suggest I find a horse to back and anything we get back goes into the kitty for the Punters Club.

13 hours ago, pete said:

Looks like 12.50 back. I suggest I find a horse to back and anything we get back goes into the kitty for the Punters Club.

Here's a Maxi kinda  plan . you pick a horse to put the $12 on...and nominate someone else in the Punters Club to reinvest after your success! Bit like Let It Ride on they Get On show.  Do you play it safe or go for value? CRIKEY we can only lose Maxi's $10 but keep it in the TRP Punters Club and show a certain asshole how to have fun!

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Cold Chisel - Forever Now

Great memories of years gone by with this song.Travelling home from a Water Polo game,stopping at the Ohaupo Tavern for refreshments and then piling back into my mates Holden Torana for the last few miles home.This song on tape replayed and replayed.Pretty sure the Yule family had the Tavern then,Jocasta and Porsha come to mind.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Cold Chisel - Forever Now

On 3/29/2021 at 6:54 PM, pete said:

Half right mate. Southern Man was on After The Gold Rush.

2 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

Great memories of years gone by with this song.Travelling home from a Water Polo game,stopping at the Ohaupo Tavern for refreshments and then piling back into my mates Holden Torana for the last few miles home.This song on tape replayed and replayed.Pretty sure the Yule family had the Tavern then,Jocasta and Porsha come to mind.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Jocasta - probably the most electrifying juvenile filly I ever saw race. She ran 11 times as a 2yo winning 6 including the Matamata Breeders and the North Island Challenege Stakes at Trentham against the older at WFA (what did she carry - 45kgs ??) with Curly Wave and Grey Way filling the minor placings. Failed to win in 17 subsequent starts ending her career running last in Blue Blood's Telegraph ()Mop was runner-up and Grey Way 5th).

Saw her get beaten at Waipa after going into the race unbeaten.She hit the running rail shortly after turning for home and lost a bit of momentum .The crowd (they went to races in those days) went up as one and were yelling beat her beat her as slowly but surely she was caught and beaten.

I was amazed that so many wanted the local filly beaten or was it a dislike of Bill Sanders or the Yules that prompted it.

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Jocasta - probably the most electrifying juvenile filly I ever saw race. She ran 11 times as a 2yo winning 6 including the Matamata Breeders and the North Island Challenege Stakes at Trentham against the older at WFA (what did she carry - 45kgs ??) with Curly Wave and Grey Way filling the minor placings. Failed to win in 17 subsequent starts ending her career running last in Blue Blood's Telegraph ()Mop was runner-up and Grey Way 5th).

Syd Brown the trainer or Eric Ropiha?

Was she by Pakistan 11 ?

44 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

Bill Sanders the trainer and yes she was by Pakistan out of Lazala.

Porsha was by Alcimedes out of Lazala and may have been placed in an Oaks or a Guineas race.

mate of mine spoke many moons back about Kista and Paksha (siblings?) in the stable ...I guess Paksha was by Pakistan out of Porsha, making her a 3/4 sister to Jocasta...is that right?

53 minutes ago, Maximus said:

mate of mine spoke many moons back about Kista and Paksha (siblings?) in the stable ...I guess Paksha was by Pakistan out of Porsha, making her a 3/4 sister to Jocasta...is that right?

Neither  seem to be out of Porsha.Had 5. foals but none had those names

Also cannot find any reference to Kista or Paksha,

Did Sid Brown train them both or am i barking up the wrong tree.

Edited by ngakonui grass

43 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

Neither  seem to be out of Porsha.Had 5. foals but none had those names

Also cannot find any reference to Kista or Paksha,

Did Sid Brown train them both or am i barking up the wrong tree.

yes Syd had them. Relative of mine worked for him back in the day