The Race Place

The Infinite Jukebox

pete

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

I met the man who produced most of the Bond films once - Cubby Broccoli. It was at Holywood Park racetrack in Los Angeles. He was amazing...looked and acted just like a villain from a Bond movie or more precisely a Scorsese picture from NYC !

I was 13 when this film came out and I think it was R16 but sneaked in and watched it. Most exciting think I had ever seen to that point ! hahaha

Understand your sentiments PJ.  Will always remember Dr No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball.  The music and opening sequence

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

Understand your sentiments PJ.  Will always remember Dr No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball.  The music and opening sequence

I watched all those early James Bond films at the picture theatre on the Whenuapai Airforce base. 

18 hours ago, PWJ said:

When were you at Whenuapai Gordy ? I was there in 1981

My father was in the airforce Peter, he was aircrew on the Orian aircraft. We lived at Hobsonville off base from 1964 till around 1974, so a few years before you. I know the Whenuapai/Hobsonville area quite well.

• Like 1