The Race Place

Waikato stud

vanturk

31 minutes ago, vanturk said:

I wish I win, wins , they go to donate 520 k to Starship, and they turn it down cause it comes from racing and gambling  funds? 

I personally  find this disgusting.  Starship to turn down funds for the kids cause of woke leadership.   What a joke

Very sad that NZ has got to this level.Life is a gamble.

Guaranteed acceptance if they were told  that it was from  the LBQGT branch of the Trainers assoc and we have been having weekly orgies to raise money.

• Like 1

Where do you draw the line.  Sure there is the aspect of gambling harm, but

Lotteries Board divest all profits to various charities and causes

Portage Trust and Waitakere Licensing Trust , who run all the liquor side in West Auckland, do the same

McDonalds(obesity concerns) contribute millions to similar causes

The racing and breeding industry is a legitimate one.  I'm sure they will think about this and realise their decision was premature

18 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Where do you draw the line.  Sure there is the aspect of gambling harm, but

Lotteries Board divest all profits to various charities and causes

Portage Trust and Waitakere Licensing Trust , who run all the liquor side in West Auckland, do the same

McDonalds(obesity concerns) contribute millions to similar causes

The racing and breeding industry is a legitimate one.  I'm sure they will think about this and realise their decision was premature

If you hire ideology  that's what you'll get

• Like 1

I am Secretary of a Rugby League Club here in ChCh, our subs 100% eaten up by capitation fees to governing body.

As a blue collar participant sport no access to white collar business sponsorship like rugby.

We are totally reliant upon pokie distributions from organisation's with machines in our club player capture zone ... without their support we would not exist. The 15k we get each second year keeps us going along with internal fundraising and renting out our club rooms for community functions at very nominal cost.

Grates when I see the nonsense of the Starship decision ... wokeness at the extreme .... ludicrous but no doubt they will remain in line on Cindy charities ... US

Fcuks me off bigtime

Edited by Turny
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Kieran McAnulty, Minister of Racing was waxing lyrical about the racing industry yesterday at Counties.

This is a bad look for the industry.  Probably a better course of action would have been for Chittick to approach the Minister about it

Why?

I don't blame Waikato Stud for a moment remitting to Australia .... good on them, very generous gifting. Applauded.

The recoil this causes, whilst it will remain unknown to us, will not ne insignificant. Why would you put your $ and name up then be outed for doing so .... logic says you just wouldn't bother.

No doubt Cindy will have a smiling answer 

What a fukcen load of wokeness nonsense ...... just crap

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Turny said:

I don't blame Waikato Stud for a moment remitting to Australia .... good on them, very generous gifting. Applauded.

The recoil this causes, whilst it will remain unknown to us, will not ne insignificant. Why would you put your $ and name up then be outed for doing so .... logic says you just wouldn't bother.

No doubt Cindy will have a smiling answer 

What a fukcen load of wokeness nonsense ...... just crap

Chittick has gone to the press, he outed himself

57 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Kieran McAnulty, Minister of Racing was waxing lyrical about the racing industry yesterday at Counties.

This is a bad look for the industry.  Probably a better course of action would have been for Chittick to approach the Minister about it

Slightly off topic but he basically confimed Geo Blocking going a head in that interview didn't he.

The contractual relationships was over advertising who gifted ... all receivers face similar issues but easily overcome as we do in our League Club .... one sponsor advertised  on our strip, sponsor 2 in our club rooms and on the dugout. The sponsors are happy, cheap free long term advertising.

Not hard.

Edited by Turny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Surprises me that more effort was not put into sorting this out by Starship, $570K is a lot of money.

I presume Chittick just got fed up with the red tape, sounds like a just get on with it sort of guy

No.  Going on what his dad has said, time was of the essence, only charities  to have been agreed by nsw racing,so when declined  by starship ,  a local charity  was put forward  to him, which he had to choose.   I feel for his stud and family, when  all he was doing  was a bloody good donation 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

Good on Chittick for initially selecting Starship, but when this became a no go, why would he not go for another local charity???

He said it was quite a short window he had to select the charity and there was a bit of back and forwards between him and starship so I’m guessing he rant out of time to select another nz charity or was worried about the same thing happening.