The Race Place

Black Craps in Bangladesh

Maximus

...better say, before it's too late...

WELL DONE, BLACK CAPS..

a gritty rearguard action to triumph on a minefield of a wicket full of spitting cobras, crouching tigers (Bengal variety) and hidden scorpions.

Great to see Glenn Phillips maturing as a batsman, showing patience as well as aggressive intent/execution. The Bangladeshis have the same passion for the game as the Indians and Pakis, don't they?  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brown fox said:

To be honest Pete I'm a craft beer /Bourbon drinker. Raglan brewers here make a good drop.(Workshop Brewing)

Oh mate you're a man after my own heart with craft beer. I've got a fridge full of it for Christmas.

Love our local brewers round North Auckland especially McLeods of Waipu.

I got transferred to Hull in NE England for a job many years ago.  I got to know the 4 kiwis that played league for Hull FC, so went along to every home match and was invited to the after party.

Now by then I had become used to and liked the Yorkshire pale ales.  It took a while, but many were superb.  I managed to get hold of a slab of Lion red that I took to one of these after parties.  Gratefully received, but I could not believe it tasted so sweet and watery compared to a good pint of Yorkshire ale.

36 minutes ago, barryb said:

Yeah Lion Red is mainly drunk by people sitting around in wife beaters, speaks volumes.

I had to look up what a wife beater was - I've let a sheltered life.

When I lived in England they used to call Stella Artois 'wifebeater' until they reduced the alcohol content.

Well I have to say that never having been a Red wine drinker ,I had the pleasure a few years ago of visiting the  Tuscany region of Italy. Some of their red wines of which I was enticed into trying ,were out of this world . After that experience I haven't found anything comparable down under, so I stick to white, usually Chardonnay or Sav.  

• 3 weeks later...