The Race Place

Tracks

Hesi

I do not have the credentials of some commenting ,

However I have watched the slipping incident 6 times.

Firstly I believed the horse on the inside was touched almost at the same time.

My thought is however on the camber that has been constructed turning for  home, I don't know , Is it part of the problem?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buller Rep said:

Are you Leggy/Curious in drag?

I thought that you had thrown you toys out of the cot and gone anyway.

What gives?

No, I left because of an idiot here, that person took a back seat & I came back, I have limited tolerance for stirrers & fools Insider.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BarryB said:

Hesi, short answer is No.

Guys like RJB know more than I do on the subject obviously.

What I can say is NO process was not followed & nothing was skimped, all of that talk is fucking bullshit.

I think some are jealous that the upper North Island is where our sport is concentrated & love it when it fails for whatever reason. What they fail to understand is that if ellerslie fails then NZ racing is totally fucked & wont exist in 5 yrs.

Either get behind it & support or find an alternate interest as that's where it will fall.

Sadly your view is your view which simply follows the line.......give Auckland whatever they want and to hell with everything else... the Pattern of Racing, tradition, the Seasons etc etc.

Thank God the 1000 and 2000 Guineas are still being run a Riccarton.

Look what they have done to the the Wellington Cup Carnival.

I don't need to go on, but racing will go on with or without Ellerslie.

8 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

I do not have the credentials of some commenting ,

However I have watched the slipping incident 6 times.

Firstly I believed the horse on the inside was touched almost at the same time.

My thought is however on the camber that has been constructed turning for  home, I don't know , Is it part of the problem?

Great post & incredibly perceptive Craig, a hug part of the track construction challenge is the turns & the camber & rise.

20 hours ago, Buller Rep said:

Sadly your view is your view which simply follows the line.......give Auckland whatever they want and to hell with everything else... the Pattern of Racing, tradition, the Seasons etc etc.

Thank God the 1000 and 2000 Guineas are still being run a Riccarton.

Look what they have done to the the Wellington Cup Carnival.

I don't need to go on, but racing will go on with or without Ellerslie.

No it won’t. We know you love Welly but without Ellerslie NZ Racing is history.

1 minute ago, BarryB said:

Great post & incredibly perceptive Craig, a hug part of the track construction challenge is the turns & the camber & rise.

Agree 100% 

Why cant Auckland and all their crony supporters, acknowledge it?

They simply fucked up.

Just now, Hesi said:

Barry, Curious and Mardigras all eat from the same plate though, especially when there are whitebait fritters and burnt lemon on it

Curious is the Whitebait fritter king. I looked at my Whitebait nets this morning actually Hesi, 3 of which I have & thought only a few months to go.

Just now, Buller Rep said:

Agree 100% 

Why cant Auckland and all their crony supporters, acknowledge it?

They simply fucked up.

It was about preserving history & character of the course, now off to bed with you, elderly like you should be resting by now.

1 minute ago, BarryB said:

Curious is the Whitebait fritter king. I looked at my Whitebait nets this morning actually Hesi, 3 of which I have & thought only a few months to go.

I don't know about the fritters but Buller is right up there as king of the whitebait, at least when I played for the Sub-Union.

1 minute ago, Buller Rep said:

I don't know about the fritters but Buller is right up there as king of the whitebait, at least when I played for the Sub-Union.

Do bringing on the oranges at halftime constitute playing lol

Just now, Hesi said:

Talking about tracks BR, are you in a position to update us on what is happening with Trentham

Nothing and wont be. [You heard it here first]

Good night for the 2nd time. 

Barry the Bastard has sent me off to bed. 😂

1 hour ago, Buller Rep said:

Nothing and wont be. [You heard it here first]

Good night for the 2nd time. 

Barry the Bastard has sent me off to bed. 😂

Interesting contrast

BR off to bed and it was only 8.30

Barry is on his 3rd bottle of blackberry nip

42 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Interesting contrast

BR off to bed and it was only 8.30

Barry is on his 3rd bottle of blackberry nip

Yep, a lovely Shiraz from Barossa by Kingsford.

The Mrs is watching mindless shit on TV, I think it’s Union, maybe the Blues. Anyways I fell asleep just as I was picturing 10 beautiful lasses running to me to be auditioned for Debbie Does Dallas. Fucking typical I never got to see how that ended.

I'm happy to accept that Barry is not guessing and has provided the most informed comment on Ellerslie, and I appreciate what he has said and realise he is potentially compromising his own position to say anymore.  And, that this track was raced on 6 months too early, so given a rest till October, will race perfectly once nature has done its job.

Those wishing to apportion blame, need to ask the question, why was it raced on before it was ready.

25 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I'm happy to accept that Barry is not guessing and has provided the most informed comment on Ellerslie, and I appreciate what he has said and realise he is potentially compromising his own position to say anymore.  And, that this track was raced on 6 months too early, so given a rest till October, will race perfectly once nature has done its job.

Those wishing to apportion blame, need to ask the question, why was it raced on before it was ready.

Well good on you...if you are someone who can accept $55 million for this piece of shyte good luck to you...lets see how long the wait will be..I wont waste anymore time here...and its not because they raced on it too early its because it was not done correctly...but hey lets see who is right in the long run shall we. I was not guessing either...for your info..and all I and the rest of the industry wants is a proper track .....it's imperative we get that.