The Race Place

Daylight Saving April 5

Hesi

3 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I've been getting sick of my curtain fading so much, that a return to normality tomorrow will help.

That's not logical, the total hours of sunshine will continue on it's short decline regardless

8 minutes ago, Hesi said:

That's a relief to hear that then Mardi, I thought cabin fever might be setting in

He's quite right and logical of course. Now it'll fade more earlier in the day rather than later. That's what I've noticed anyway. Certainly gives the impression it's fading faster.

Edited by curious
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I thought you would realise I was taking the piss. I have heard such things from people however.

People also think sticking magnets up your nose and gargling with hydrogen peroxide will counter the virus

Disclaimer:  Under NO circumstances gargle with hydrogen peroxide, but magnets in your nose probably seems harmless

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hesi said:

People also think sticking magnets up your nose and gargling with hydrogen peroxide will counter the virus

Disclaimer:  Under NO circumstances gargle with hydrogen peroxide, but magnets in your nose probably seems harmless

OK ok hesi. Now leave Mardi alone to get some value bets up behind the curtain for us today.

20 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I thought you would realise I was taking the piss. I have heard such things from people however.

so have I.

24 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I've been getting sick of my curtain fading so much, that a return to normality tomorrow will help.

9 hours ago, barryb said:

He votes Jacinda, cut him some slack.

Hes still struggling with Spring forward and Fall back.

Here's a prediction for you Barry.  She will lead Labour to another victory, then step down and allow Grant Robertson to take over.

A youngish, new mother, and love her or loathe her, the enormous pressure of the next 6 months is too big a burden for anyone to handle, for any sustained period of time, especially if things take a turn for the worse, god forbid

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Tomorrow morn the golden summer ends.. surely one of the finest and sunniest of all...ow watch the fine citizens of Godzone get stir crazy with cabin fever (worse than Covid Fever?) over the next fortnight

and don't forget driest

8 hours ago, Hesi said:

Here's a prediction for you Barry.  She will lead Labour to another victory, then step down and allow Grant Robertson to take over.

A youngish, new mother, and love her or loathe her, the enormous pressure of the next 6 months is too big a burden for anyone to handle, for any sustained period of time, especially if things take a turn for the worse, god forbid

Hesi I know you love her but she didn't lead the Labour Party to a victory last time.

Mr 7% annointed her.

• Sad 1