The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

I've dusted off the clubs and have cautiously returned to the golf over the weekend. Some of these guys are a bit ring rusty,so I went with an old fav to get the ball rolling!Hoping to make this a weekly thing with selections up before  Day 1 Tee offs, if anyone wants to throw out some tips(hope that's ok H + P).After 2 rounds it is steady as she goes,but a long way to go!

St Jude Invitational  B H An  Top 20 finish@ 6/1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's your thoughts on the PGA this week MC?

Hard to go past Brooks Koepka with his record in the majors and his form last week. Justin Thomas also in the mix and I think Xander Schauffele is rounding in to nice form along with Webb Simpson, Tony Finau and Jason Day (if his back holds up)as well.

My roughie for a top 10 finish is Chez Revie who has been playing super well tee to green but can't make any putts - this track rewards those who can get in round in the fairway and hit plenty of greens - that should count out DeChambeau for one!!!

I love the majors so I think I will have a few selections around the above!!

golf.jpg

I love watching the majors BS!But as from a betting perspective I find it very even and find it difficult to even find a T10/T20 winner with any real value!My tip would be to wait until after the first round as prices in this congested field will not dramatically  change and you can get a good read on how the course is  playing.Any number of 20 players could win this!

In saying that I will have a little with some of An's winnings from last week and then follow  in after day 1.

For a day 1 interest :

Simpson(50/1) - Thomas(20/1)- Mcllroy (28/1)1st round leader

3 ball multi : Simpson/De Chambeau/Fitzpatrick/Hatton/Cantlay/Kokkrak.

English Championship : Shinkwin 125/1 and Crocker 100/1 T20 finish 

• Like 1

I’ve taken 8 multi’s

Top 10 English Championship 

Thomas Detry

Rasmus Hojgaard 

X

Top 10 USPGA Championship 

Rory Mcllroy

Brooks Kopeka

X

Top 10 Portland Open

Peter Uihiein

Ollie Schniederjans

8 combinations there

• Like 1

Good stuff guys - I normally take 8 or 9 guys at various odds to lead after round 1 but just couldn't narrow it down this time (the year Dustin Johnston led 3 of the 4 i made a killing.)

Have backed Reavie to be top 10 overall and top 5 after round 1, Day top 5 after round 1 and had a real lash at Day to be top Aussie at $2.50.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, VC! said:

I’ve taken 8 multi’s

Top 10 English Championship 

Thomas Detry

Rasmus Hojgaard 

X

Top 10 USPGA Championship 

Rory Mcllroy

Brooks Kopeka

X

Top 10 Portland Open

Peter Uihiein

Ollie Schniederjans

8 combinations there

Good stuff VC! I feel it in me waters that Kopeka is still not right(even with that placing last week)physically with that knee to win it.He looked like someone halfway through his Priory rehab at the press conference  the other day! You need to be 100% on your game for majors, and he didn't  ooze confidence like he normally  does for me.

Edited by Midnight Caller

4 hours ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Feeling good about the Top 5 collect but wish I'd gone for 1st round leader as well - Reavie disappointing but I've made a nice profit with my top aussie bet still in play.

This is shaping up already as a classic with so many good players in contention

Looking good BS! I think Day was around 45-50/1 for 1st round  leader.

Lots of golf to play! But looks like a long weekend for my selections, although in saying that my two long shots are in the mix for T20 finishes in the UK!

• Like 1

Hats off to the Kiwi golfers  Fox/Ko and Alker ,really "putting in"this weekend!

Big "Day" in the final  round BS! Money in the bank with the leading Aussie,  and hopefully the icing on the  cake by the end of the "Day".As long as it is  not at the expense  of Fleetwood😉.My longshots are still in T20 contention in the UK,so it will be  an interesting  day!

For the final round I will be putting a lazy £50 on Morikawa @11/1

All the best

Good luck MC - I don't want to count my chickens with Day just yet - look at how some of those leaders went backwards but I am confident!!

Best of luck with your top 20's and Morikawa ( a good bet I think) - want to see Alker go well too as actually played a little golf against him many haircuts ago when he was an amateur in Hamilton (my god feels like a century ago hahahaha)!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

For the final round I will be putting a lazy £50 on Morikawa @11/1

Great stuff MC, he’s a promising young golfer, this course really suited the big hitters, would’ve been great watching Morikawa put it in close at 16

Day had a great tournament BS looked ominous down the back stretch, still got the job done as top Aussie

My multi, unfortunately Koepka dropped away missing a top 10 finish and ended my multi hopes after Rasmus Hojgaard finished 3rd another promising young golfer, Ollie Schniederjans finished tied for 7th at the Portland open

Just teeing off here in the UK, so here are my thoughts. 

Favourite runners with the bookies, Luiten 14/1(course winner)Sullivan 12/1(outstanding  last week)and Horsfield 28/1. Wheels fell off Horsfield last week, but was a good winner  the week before and is 5/1 T5.

Crocker 66/1    T12  11/2        Min 60/1  T12 11/2    Burmester 80/1   T20 7/2   N Hojgand 150/1  T20 6/1

Ladies Scottish Open 

Three old favourites  of mine!

Oh 30/1   T12  3/1    Lee Mi-H  80/1  T12  8/1      L Salas  35 /1    T12 7/2  

All have past form in Scotland!

On 8/10/2020 at 1:29 AM, VC! said:

Great stuff MC, he’s a promising young golfer, this course really suited the big hitters, would’ve been great watching Morikawa put it in close at 16

Day had a great tournament BS looked ominous down the back stretch, still got the job done as top Aussie

My multi, unfortunately Koepka dropped away missing a top 10 finish and ended my multi hopes after Rasmus Hojgaard finished 3rd another promising young golfer, Ollie Schniederjans finished tied for 7th at the Portland open

Cheers VC, Unlucky with Kopeka for the multi, I would have thought he was nailed on T10 going into the last round!You would have thought with his earnings he could afford some decent  tranquilizers that would last the four days!Huge final round effort by Schniederjens at Portland,worth keeping an eye on him!

Great collects on Day BS! Maybe that back is not as bad as he makes out!

Collects from Crocker (really solid) and Morikawa on the last day,he was absolutely  on fire! Holes 14 and 16 were great, but thought his recovery  on the 2nd hole was brilliant!Even my good old mate An fired a great final round (with a hole in one) to just fall short of a T20(and a MC collect)finish.

Good luck  for this week

• Like 1

This weeks multi 30 combinations 

Celtic Classic Top 10

J Smith

M Lee

J Harding

S Crocker

B Stone

Albertsons Boise Open Top 10

O Schniederjans

D Lipsky

D Summerhays

Wyndham Championship Top 10

B Horschell

S W Kim

Senior Players Championship 

H2H R Karlsson to beat D Toms

S Crocker was a nice collect at good odds MC also

Good luck this week Guys it’s always good when your golfers can make the cut, all the best

11 minutes ago, VC! said:

This weeks multi 30 combinations 

Celtic Classic Top 10

J Smith

M Lee

J Harding

S Crocker

B Stone

Albertsons Boise Open Top 10

O Schniederjans

D Lipsky

D Summerhays

Wyndham Championship Top 10

B Horschell

S W Kim

Senior Players Championship 

H2H R Karlsson to beat D Toms

S Crocker was a nice collect at good odds MC also

Good luck this week Guys it’s always good when your golfers can make the cut, all the best

Good luck VC, Muilti combos look strong!

Yes, always good to make the cut for the weekend! Or you could just wait for the last round😁