The Race Place

Greymouth - Celine

mardigras

Thanks, but no cigar!

Got a bit of a squeeze, to which she took strong exception, and eased herself out of the possie. 

She is fine however and more rain will help for next Saturday at Kumara. 

The track was superb and it was a cracker day even without the rub of the green.

1 hour ago, curious said:

It was Terry I thought?

So did a few watchers,  but no.   He held his line,  Chris on the second-placed horse kept rolling out.     To have altered the eventual result, although compromised by that action, would have required that second horse to be placed behind Celine.   That was not acceptable really,  from fifth into fourth would have been fair.

As I pointed out, the mare was entitled to her line, and not to have it taken away.   But any radical change was not going to happen.  Maybe if Pitty was in the room......

54 minutes ago, Freda said:

So did a few watchers,  but no.   He held his line,  Chris on the second-placed horse kept rolling out.     To have altered the eventual result, although compromised by that action, would have required that second horse to be placed behind Celine.   That was not acceptable really,  from fifth into fourth would have been fair.

As I pointed out, the mare was entitled to her line, and not to have it taken away.   But any radical change was not going to happen.  Maybe if Pitty was in the room......

Watching live, I thought she was reluctant to go through the gap, but having watched the replay, Chris was rolling out closing any potential gap anyway.

3 hours ago, mardigras said:

Watching live, I thought she was reluctant to go through the gap, but having watched the replay, Chris was rolling out closing any potential gap anyway.

3 hours ago, mardigras said:

Yes, quite right.

She was reluctant, a fact which was evident to all in the room.  I couldn't really gain much traction after that.

Coast racing can be pretty rough-and-tumble stuff.  She would be much happier in front but doesn't really begin sharply enough to get there easily. 

Edited by Freda
  • Like 1

Never really got a clear run at them in the straight, because The Buffer kept her in.  Probably would not have beaten the winner anyway

CELINE (T Comignaghi) - Raced in restricted room and made contact with THE BUFFER on several occasions in the run home. Passing the 100 metres had to be steadied to avoid the heels of NEVER QUITZ, which shifted out over the concluding stages.

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

Never really got a clear run at them in the straight, because The Buffer kept her in.  Probably would not have beaten the winner anyway

CELINE (T Comignaghi) - Raced in restricted room and made contact with THE BUFFER on several occasions in the run home. Passing the 100 metres had to be steadied to avoid the heels of NEVER QUITZ, which shifted out over the concluding stages.

I dont know why you posted that link, its not the head on which I have watched about a dozen times now. The outward roll of Never Quits is clearly shown on that, the contact with The Buffer caused by her trying to shift away from the horse on the inner. The Buffer had his head turned which makes it look as if he ran in sharply.  He didn't,  although probably tried to. 

All academic however now. Would not have beaten the second placed horse which would have been relegated if any protest had been successful.

Edited by Freda

2 hours ago, Hesi said:

Would love to have posted the Stewards vision, but it normally takes 2-3  weeks to get posted on the NZTR website.  Being the holidays, probably add a bit onto that

Yes. seems to take weeks even though they say days. Just rang them today to get a report on one of those. Very helpful but would love to see it myself. Don't understand why it can't go up on the day.

Edited by curious

Yes the technology is there

Someone can be in Outer Mongolia, taking a video of a Yeti, on their smartphone and post it to an internet site, all within about 30 seconds.

You have to go all the way back to Dec 12 to find a Stewards video

At least the race videos are of good quality and loaded about 30 min after the race

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 5:37 AM, Freda said:

or Rogie!