The Race Place

The Infinite Jukebox

pete

Everyone knows the song Pete, but the band not so well known

Doing a bit of research, the song was originally called 90 Days, and surprisingly was not their biggest hit.  The song below was their only Hot 100 No1, charting there for 2 consecutive weeks

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Everyone knows the song Pete, but the band not so well known

Doing a bit of research, the song was originally called 90 Days, and surprisingly was not their biggest hit.  The song below was their only Hot 100 No1, charting there for 2 consecutive weeks

I've got vinyl in my garage. Years since I played it.

Just now, Hesi said:

Why?

Sound quality/range that still exists in vinyl that doesn't exist in CD and will take years before they likely get it right in digital.  (Along with a little element of subliminal feel goodness that comes from the act of playing music that way). I probably only have two passions, travel and music. Spent over a grand last weekend on components for my turntable - stylus etc. 

If you want to hear music the way vinyl is and you do it via streaming, you are likely going to need some decent kit and most of the streaming services are pretty shit imo anyway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Sound quality/range that still exists in vinyl that doesn't exist in CD and will take years before they likely get it right in digital.  (Along with a little element of subliminal feel goodness that comes from the act of playing music that way). I probably only have two passions, travel and music. Spent over a grand last weekend on components for my turntable - stylus etc. 

If you want to hear music the way vinyl is and you do it via streaming, you are likely going to need some decent kit and most of the streaming services are pretty shit imo anyway.

And when I say quality/range, I'm not talking about theoretical quality of CDs, I'm taking implemented quality of CDs.