The Race Place

Karrots

Globederby19

Apparently we have a new member wanting to join in from another site . Feel free Karrots, one of the best sites you will ever be part of  mainly because everyone is polite and respectful to those around them on this forum. And brilliant to have another harness fan amongst us. Regards Rees. (globederby 12)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Apparently we have a new member wanting to join in from another site . Feel free Karrots, one of the best sites you will ever be part of  mainly because everyone is polite and respectful to those around them on this forum. And brilliant to have another harness fan amongst us. Regards Rees. (globederby 12)

Be warned though, strange things happen....I am in a gallops comp 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well that was good timing. Im here 😃 Yay. Thanks Globe.

Poster M come join too 😀 Just use a different user-name then no-one will know it is you.

Was super easy to join, just signed up, waited approx 2 hours while account was approved, no personal details were given just had to provide an email, & then was able to sign in & start post this.

Funny, Happy had wondered where you had gone, then only discovered this site approx 2 months ago.

It seems quieter here atm but thats ok.

Tip, don't think everyone knows about this site for e.g. Poster M didn't. Neither did the only other person I spoke to about coming here. All you need to do is get the word out a bit more that you exist. A few more posters come over. Especially ones that feel like they don't fit in where they currently are. 

Tonight interested to watch the Spring Cup. Specifically the start of it, if Bad to the Bone gets out ahead of Copy That or not ... Bad to the Bone has a stablemate drawn inside him which could be an advantage should Marathon Man get out well. Noted that Z Butcher has taken the drive on Belle of Montana over Bad to Bone.

Lets see racing action starts now from Alex!

• Like 3

Welcome Karrots, we are trying to build up the harness side, so your addition is ideal.

I recall you ran a few comps where you were, no wonder you felt out of place with all that initiative

Rex(Sir Gallivant), is planning on running a harness team comp soon.

Hard to get the word out to people who don't know about the site.

As mentioned previously, it is just a hobby really for Pete and I, to provide a platform for those wishing to discuss mainly racing, but a bit of sport, politics and music in a reasonably civilised and respectful manner

Thanks Alan

• Like 7

We're quite happy to get the harness side more active. From what I can see we have some very astute posters on here.

The problem with trying to promote ourselves elsewhere is that Hesi and I are both banned from the other two sites so it's difficult to promote 

• Like 1

Hobby thats cool. Thanks for having me & the welcome.

The only thing just now off top of head, would be if one of you that run site or even a member that peeps know who you are, posts on their social media. Saying about the site. Or posting in a comment on a site like Harnessed a site that has a lot of traffic. As long as its not tacky tho. Or an ad somewhere, but that costs and if its just a hobby.

Its like a product if you have the best product but no-one knows about it, won’t get any sales.

But then of course there is that saying Quality over quantity hehe.

Yes just for fun did randomly comps,  just made it up you know whatever. Did not long ago a fun one that was somewhat popular as it went on for a few weeks/times. The BIG PLACE PUNT challenge.

It was mostly fun for the time I was on the other site & harbour no ill feelings. Just the time for me was to leave.

You know when you NEVER NEVER name call, then you find yourself doing it 1 nite, its like ok honey its time to leave the party like NOW lol.

Season 6 Lets Go Home GIF by Portlandia

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Hobby thats cool. Thanks for having me & the welcome.

The only thing just now off top of head, would be if one of you that run site or even a member that peeps know who you are, posts on their social media. Saying about the site. Or posting in a comment on a site like Harnessed a site that has a lot of traffic. As long as its not tacky tho. Or an ad somewhere, but that costs and if its just a hobby.

Its like a product if you have the best product but no-one knows about it, won’t get any sales.

But then of course there is that saying Quality over quantity hehe.

Yes just for fun did randomly comps,  just made it up you know whatever. Did not long ago a fun one that was somewhat popular as it went on for a few weeks/times. The BIG PLACE PUNT challenge.

It was mostly fun for the time I was on the other site & harbour no ill feelings. Just the time for me was to leave.

You know when you NEVER NEVER name call, then you find yourself doing it 1 nite, its like ok honey its time to leave the party like NOW lol.

Season 6 Lets Go Home GIF by Portlandia

We've got a harness tipping comp coming up very soon for you to strut your stuff karrots.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Highlanders 15 to 1 before the start and now hot favourite. 

I need that pulpit of truth so I can tell you my galloping selections for tomorrow....😂

You and Vs are well matched tomorrow .. you with your pulpits .. and vS posting funeral songs on another thread 😅

Edited by Dancing Show
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, pete said:

We've got a harness tipping comp coming up very soon for you to strut your stuff karrots.

Ok cool, will look out for it. Most likely will jump online here say Thursday - Sunday as its a quieter site, that way any other Harness side peeps that want to engage in convo, that is when Ill come online. 

Righto folks the Spring Cup is up next after this trot. 

Lets see who wins. Its a Road to the CUP race.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Good run by Bad to the Bone. Was 31s but the TAB will bring him after that. 21s or even 16s?

Copy That did what was expected of him.

7 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Tough run but gutsed it out, and still 31,s for the Cup. Has come back a better horse and a definite threat from now on.

Yip, a WALL of horses 3-4 lol at start, it was like go-go. Wasn't expecting Copy That to land 1/1 got the trip. Knew the horse rank outsider would stop in lead, but wouldn't hand up. Stuffed Bad to Bones win chance. (didn't bet just saying). 

Quinella again Copy That - Bad to Bone x3 times now. Interested to see how Bad to Bone goes when he actually gets lead & doesn't have to sit parked.

Belle of Montana a nice run fresh up too. 

Lots of nice racing tomorrow nite in Oz. Will be following Sugar Me, He's Charlies Angel Race 2 and 3, then Amazing Dream and The Dealer at Bendigo tomorrow.

See Y'all tomorrow evening 👍

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Well that was good timing. Im here 😃 Yay. Thanks Globe.

Poster M come join too 😀 Just use a different user-name then no-one will know it is you.

Was super easy to join, just signed up, waited approx 2 hours while account was approved, no personal details were given just had to provide an email, & then was able to sign in & start post this.

Funny, Happy had wondered where you had gone, then only discovered this site approx 2 months ago.

It seems quieter here atm but thats ok.

Tip, don't think everyone knows about this site for e.g. Poster M didn't. Neither did the only other person I spoke to about coming here. All you need to do is get the word out a bit more that you exist. A few more posters come over. Especially ones that feel like they don't fit in where they currently are. 

Tonight interested to watch the Spring Cup. Specifically the start of it, if Bad to the Bone gets out ahead of Copy That or not ... Bad to the Bone has a stablemate drawn inside him which could be an advantage should Marathon Man get out well. Noted that Z Butcher has taken the drive on Belle of Montana over Bad to Bone.

Lets see racing action starts now from Alex!

Karrots

I joined weeks before you!

Welcome

Mike

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Karrots

I joined weeks before you!

Welcome

Mike

This is brilliant. Show off lol before me. Thought you didn’t know of this site. That has certainly made me laugh 😅 So good we can keep in touch with you now here.

Was thinking about Honest J. Left in such a hurry, didn’t have time to even pack a suitcase & stuff peeps in. Hopefully he somehow figures out that we are over here & come joins too. He’s fun & a laugh.

Gamms too, you can post on multiple sites, as you do anyway if you happen to read this. Happy is here too. Will miss hearing your voice & keeping in touch otherwise.

Sweeping across the ditch we are tonight & in theme with that here's some news that caught my eye. Not that want to get into a heated debate about Covid or anything. But thought interesting step for Harness Racing Victory in mandatory Covid vaccinations & worth posting.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/articles/mandatory-covid-19-vaccinations-and-what-it-means-for-harness-racing/

Will post my selections & input Rusty on your Bendigo thread a bit later this afternoon. Priorities have to select Powerball lotto numbers now big draw.