The Race Place

Trivia Toughie

PWJ

2 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

No Excuses Needed was born in 1998. Allowing for a 36 yr old horse, about,  the horse in the B&W picture would have been around in the sixty's, late 50,s . That picture looks earlier than that. ??. Zabeel maybe.

It was when the trainer was born not the horse

4 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

No Excuses Needed was born in 1998. Allowing for a 36 yr old horse, about,  the horse in the B&W picture would have been around in the sixty's, late 50,s . That picture looks earlier than that. ??. Zabeel maybe.

No it's not "Gee". Not sure Peak has a lot of Zabeel in him

Ok PWJ

That horse is Craig an Eran, who's owner was Waldorf Aster. His wife was Nancy Astor, the first female seated Member of Parliament.

Now, go to work Globederby19, and see what you can find in his pedigree somewhere related to those other two. I see he did end upin France and was euthinased there o n Sir Michael Stoute's birthday.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 7:08 PM, Blackie said:

Ok PWJ

That horse is Craig an Eran, who's owner was Waldorf Aster. His wife was Nancy Astor, the first female seated Member of Parliament.

Now, go to work Globederby19, and see what you can find in his pedigree somewhere related to those other two. I see he did end upin France and was euthinased there o n Sir Michael Stoute's birthday.

100% correct Blackie !

• Like 1

Craig an Eran appears in both of Peak's and Verry Elleegant's pedigree.

Bear with:

1. Craig an Eran: sire of Gladys -  dam of Dladys -  dam of Ninia -  dam of Caprior - sire of Nesmile - dam of Buvetier Daunou - sire of Ganymede - sire of Peak
  2. Craig an Eran:sire of Admiral Drake - sire of Source Sucree - sire of Turn To Be - sire of Sir Gaylord - sire of Sir Ivor - sire of Sir Tristram - sire of Zabeel - sire of Zed - sire of Verry Elleegant 

Interesting to note that they were experimenting with breeding from a trotting bred mare, with a thoroughbred sire way back then, it is thought to inject some speed. The horse most recently I can think of is Kata Hoiho, maybe Jim Dalgety was experimenting with the idea, who won a few races back in the 1980's, who was out of a mare, out of a mare by a thoroughbred so once removed. I'm not sure of the rule as of now, I suppose it could still be done

I need a drink 😷

Edited by Blackie
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Craig an Eran appears in both of Peak's and Verry Elleegant's pedigree.

Bear with:

1. Craig an Eran: sire of Gladys -  dam of Dladys -  dam of Ninia -  dam of Caprior - sire of Nesmile - dam of Buvetier Daunou - sire of Ganymede - sire of Peak
  2. Craig an Eran:sire of Admiral Drake - sire of Source Sucree - sire of Turn To Be - sire of Sir Gaylord - sire of Sir Ivor - sire of Sir Tristram - sire of Zabeel - sire of Zed - sire of Verry Elleegant 

Interesting to note that they were experimenting with breeding from a trotting bred mare, with a thoroughbred sire way back then, it is thought to inject some speed. The horse most recently I can think of is Kata Hoiho, maybe Jim Dalgety was experimenting with the idea, who won a few races back in the 1980's, who was out of a mare, out of a mare by a thoroughbred so once removed. I'm not sure of the rule as of now, I suppose it could still be done

I need a drink 😷

Outstanding Blackie - all 100% correct ! Did my clues help ?

Yes you get a hat-please PM me with your name and mailing address and I will send it.

Cheers

PJ