The Race Place

Ashes -Brissie

Maximus

@Lightning Blue you gunna be like Karrots did have to say this, for saying this. And its not racist or whatever, I don't even follow cricket. However my impression is that the Aussie cricket team have the worst rep in the world. 

Compare it to Harness, how its kind of got or getting a bad rep. Now saying that aint racist to say. Same thing sorry. It is what it is. 

Bernie Sanders Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Hesi - Starc to do a 5 for

Root to score a ton

Maxi - Aus in 3 days If Australia bats first(: Australia 210 and 187; England 280 and 118/5

Pete - An innings defeat Aus over England

Ian - James Anderson to be the leading English wicket taker

36 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

@Lightning Blue you gunna be like Karrots did have to say this, for saying this. And its not racist or whatever, I don't even follow cricket. However my impression is that the Aussie cricket team have the worst rep in the world.

Yeah I guess I've hated the sledging bit that comes into it Forever. Australia Team has been awful at that sort of thing for decades , with Mark Waugh, McGrath and many others. Andrew Symonds and the Indian cricket team had an on-going racist battle , and it's all just so unnecessary by players and the fans of the game .

Sledging , Ball tampering , etc, Happen every cricket match by All nations. and Has happened for decades.  There are different ways of doing these things. I know quite a few..... perhaps that's sadly why i met the taunting trying to provoke a reaction from me.

Come to think of it . Maybe they're onto something ?. I want to say that the harness racing is full of 'fair play' just like the cricket , but an inordinate amount of cases of indiscretions that I know of , and methods used to Win that are applied is springing to mind .....  maybe I've been too honest all this time lol. (used to be some great sledging in the races , brutal lol)

time to grab a beer and watch some 2nd test cricket Ashes and Redcliffe trots and work out who's cheating then ? lol...... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just what you've all been waiting for ..the Max to the Max (MM) Session Review

Session 1 AUS 45-1 from 25 overs. (Slow over rate, poor form England.)
Absorbing. Poms bowled very tightly, gave nothing away. Brilliant catch by Buttler for the breakthrough but the luck has gone with Australia in the first hour. So many 'played and missed among some unplayable deliveries. Root could have put more pressure on Warner when it was apparent runs were hard to come by. Big ups to Warner and Labushag-me for discipline. Stokes looks keen and energetic. Robinson looks jaded.

Max wants to see Root put the squeeze on in the first hour post-dinner. Get into the batsman's mind, at least one under the helmet and encourage the pull/hook. 

MM

Edited by Maximus

Session 2 AUS 129-1

Tremendous discipline shown by Warner and Labushagne. Rub of the green to boot. Poms need to realise the score has not got away on them and a big session in the evenin' can turn things around. Biggest negative is the relentless Ozzie commentators reminiscing too much instead of focusing on this match and what the players are doing / not doing.

MM

Session 3 AUS 221-2 (almost the magic Richie Benaud number!)

The only consolation for Max was seeing Warner smack it straight to Broad when a ton was looming large and well-deserved. At least we were all spared the widiculous Warner Watuzzi.

Labushagne will probably go on to 200, he's that good.

M

Richie Benaud - perhaps the best television commentator to grace the game - was known for his idiosyncratic, measured and astute style of commentary. He was so good as a broadcaster that people forget that he was equally good leg spinner/ all rounder and captain of Australia. His typical usage of words like ‘morning everyone’, ‘marvelous’, ‘cracker of a delivery’, ‘ph-lllumb’ has become folklore in cricket. Coming to 2 for 222, Richie with his unique style used to say tchoo for “tchoo twentii tchoo”…which was immortalized by 12th man radio show host Billy Birmingham. During Nine Broadcast of test cricket in 90s, Richie used to announce trivia’s for the famous “memorabilia” during the course of the match.

In one of these trivia, Channel 9 did a trick with Richie and asked him to announce - How many twos did Roger Twose hit in his first two test innings? Right after this score appeared “Australia 2 for 222”…Ian Smith on commentary with him during this incident, recounted this later in unique Richie’s style - “How many tchoos did Roger Toose scored in his first tchhoo test innings”…Australia tchho for tchho tweentiii……tchooo!

6 hours ago, Hesi said:

And here's a laugh

Max has the distinction of being the only Cricket Tour Guide to ever leave himself behind at the airport ..morning after an all-nighter at Kings Cross following an ODI at the SCG...had to fly to Melbourne at sparrowfart for the next ODI, got yapping on the phone back to Noo Zeelan (business call) and missed the flight ...LOL...the upside was I met Richie Benaud on the next flight! Had a mahvellous chat. Lovely man.

One thing we should not forget - eh, Lightning Blue - ya listenin' bro?? - is the way Richie served it up to the Chappells after the underarm delivery. High standards, see...woulda given Schmidt and Warner misery had he been here to see it. RIP.

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

I must say really like Kerry O'Keeffe,

Thanks for posting that.

Thought England battled really well in that session.

Unfortunately I can see England batting last session and Australia will do better than England did last session yesterday.

I did notice two balls going through the top as well a couple keeping low.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Maximus said:

5:38pm 26/12 - pomeranians 6-128.

Buttler plays a dumb shot just before tea, hangs his head in  shame even before the ball is caught.

Is the the worst Ashes team ever from the mother country?

We were discussing that exact question at the outlaws BBQ last night.

The answer was an overwhelming yes.

• Haha 1

I was so looking forward to watching the Ashes this Summer, but it has become so one sided, that it has lost it's appeal.  Also, finding the biased Aussie commentators have spoiled what should have been a great sporting event.  I wish someone would ram a microphone down Warne's throat.  Is it not too late to get Nasser Hussain and Mike Atherton in on the commentaries, so we get the picture that there is more than one team on the field

• Like 1